3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

My 30bsp have stretched out enough (and i lost a few pounds) to which I think they fit perfectly. I picked these up a few weeks back from a local retailer in Michigan and now I can honestly say theyre my best fitting jeans. The most "straight fit" ive owned but i love them. Also, These are sized 32 and i typically size for 34 in the ST fit

B24nElz.jpg

Edited by cmboland

Wow, in my opinion, this is far and away the best fit you've ever had. You planning on wearing them without a cuff? Looks good if so!

Yeah i had them hemmed an inch shorter than normal. Going to wear them exactly as is. I have no problem squatting down to snatch my 2.5 year old if i have too. Definitely my favorite fit ive found.

Anyone else finding the shoulders on the type 3 to be restrictive? Part of the breaking in process or an oopsie on me? Sized up to my first ever XL clothing article and everything is good but the shoulders are rather tight. Not sure if it's how the jacket is constructed or the fit was just a tad smaller than what I needed.

Anyone else finding the shoulders on the type 3 to be restrictive? Part of the breaking in process or an oopsie on me? Sized up to my first ever XL clothing article and everything is good but the shoulders are rather tight. Not sure if it's how the jacket is constructed or the fit was just a tad smaller than what I needed.

The denim is pretty stiff to begin with, so I needed a few weeks of wear to loosen the shoulders up a bit. It comes with the territory. Post up some fit photos and I can let you know if it's too tight.

I have a pair of 21BSP (size 36), if anyone is interested.  Tried to sell them a while back (rise too low for me) but see there is continued interest in this cut here.  Hemmed to 34.5".  Here's the old ad with pics:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/155686-fs-real-mccoys-xl-grey-sweatshirt-iron-heart-634s-and-633s-3sixteen-21bsp/?hl=%2B21bsp#entry3153173

John

Hi I just purchased a pair of ST-120-xk Kibata Shadow in a size 33. I soaked them and they fit perfectly everywhere unaltered.....except the crotch. It just seems to fit very weird on me. Can I fix this by wearing these around the house or to bed to stretch them out or is it a lost cause? I don't feel comfortable wearing them out because it really looks like they are hugging my crotch...it is just very odd looking. When I walk it is kind of very very very......they hug my crotch. This is my first pair of unsanforized jeans and well....I was just hoping for a smoother experience but......anyways. Any advice would be helpful...even future advice on how to judge fit for jeans you'll be shrinking down would be helpful as well. Also if you have any interest in the jeans for purchase.....let me know as I might be selling them. I normally wear a size 31.

Edited by JohnHawkins

Hi I just purchased a pair of ST-120-xk Kibata Shadow in a size 33. I soaked them and they fit perfectly everywhere unaltered.....except the crotch. It just seems to fit very weird on me. Can I fix this by wearing these around the house or to bed to stretch them out or is it a lost cause? I don't feel comfortable wearing them out because it really looks like they are hugging my crotch...it is just very odd looking. When I walk it is kind of very very very......they hug my crotch. This is my first pair of unsanforized jeans and well....I was just hoping for a smoother experience but......anyways. Any advice would be helpful...even future advice on how to judge fit for jeans you'll be shrinking down would be helpful as well. Also if you have any interest in the jeans for purchase.....let me know as I might be selling them. I normally wear a size 31.

This sounds like a rise/fit issue so a gratuitous 4k UHD crotch shot may be in order.

Have you tried wearing them lower on the waist?  

ST-120x, size 31. Purchased December 2014. Worn just under three months' real wear time. No washes yet.

wbbGthH.jpg

pxAjSRg.jpg

KxRrf5h.jpg

q2ZIjTH.jpg

I think these are going to look really nice after a few months of wear, the creasing is already coming in really nice.

Sweet dude I wasn't sure if you still had these. The 120x denim in my opinion is a must own. Their is enough variety in the cuts and the fabric is really forgiving if you wash often or if you never wash. Results are so individual that i always recommend these.

Sweet dude I wasn't sure if you still had these. The 120x denim in my opinion is a must own. Their is enough variety in the cuts and the fabric is really forgiving if you wash often or if you never wash. Results are so individual that i always recommend these.

I agree - I love how comfortable the fabric is while still giving great contrast and a nicer texture than most sanforized denim. I'll probably wear these about six months before the first wash and then wash every 1-2 months after that, think they'll last a long time and get some nice contrast that way.

FWIW I'm in the same boat as you -- first XL in anything. I wore it probably 10-11 hours since picking it up yesterday morning and I'm already noticing it starting to loosen just a tad.

I emailed their info@3sixteen email a while back when I was on the lookout for L's / XL's to try on in-person and got this back in regards to stretching:

"The jacket will stretch mostly in the arms and across the upper back, but it really depends on your body shape and where the jacket fits you tightly."

I'm guessing the upper back loosening up will alleviate most of the issues with the shoulders, although in my experience denim jackets in general are cut to be a bit tight in the shoulders if you want them fitted.

Edited by brooks_

We've just completed a 16 month tour of the 3sixteen+ 21bsp jeans! They have approx 12 months wear on them and have traveled all around North America. They should be heading back to Andrew over the next few days and hopefully we can show them to you all! I'm happy about it because often I see people put down the 18oz denim on the 11 and 21 BSP jeans as being "Boring" when they are truly far from. That is hands down my favorite fabric above 15oz and I'm grateful the project survived 16 months.

We've just completed a 16 month tour of the 3sixteen+ 21bsp jeans! They have approx 12 months wear on them and have traveled all around North America. They should be heading back to Andrew over the next few days and hopefully we can show them to you all! I'm happy about it because often I see people put down the 18oz denim on the 11 and 21 BSP jeans as being "Boring" when they are truly far from. That is hands down my favorite fabric above 15oz and I'm grateful the project survived 16 months.

Cool, can't wait to see it!  Anybody who calls that denim "boring" just hasn't spent enough time with it yet. . . .

• 3 weeks later...

I'm strongly considering picking up a type 3. I have 2 Flat Head shirts in size 40 that fit well, should I go with a medium or size up to large?

I'm a 40 in all Flat Head shirts/tees and i can wear a Small in the 3sixteen jacket for a slim fit, it's fairly tight in the shoulders though and to be comfortable in it i would need a Medium.  I would think a medium would be good for you too if you're a 40 in FH shirts.