3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

If you like your denim to have a rougher hand, go with the 121x.  If you prefer a smoother, softer feel, then get the 120x.  Really, they're both great fabrics, the 121x doesn't make the 120x obsolete by any means - just look at ZVincler's awesome pair of SL-120x for proof.  

This is just me, but I definitely prefer the classic script patch of the 120x over the 121x patch.  

@cold summer- edit, i forgot the kibata is on its way. i'm going to hold off until i see the pre/post soak measurments on those first.

saturday is thus cancelled.

for those who aren't on instagram, here is a link to what i'm referring to:

http://hypebeast.com/2014/9/start-to-finish-the-anatomy-of-3sixteens-new-unsanforized-and-untreated-kibata-jean

for those who aren't on instagram, here is a link to what i'm referring to:

http://hypebeast.com/2014/9/start-to-finish-the-anatomy-of-3sixteens-new-unsanforized-and-untreated-kibata-jean

very cool. Thnx for sharing this. When will they be available? 

I saw on their Instagram the other day that the Kibata fabric is just now hitting sewing, so soonish.

Edit: here's the pocket flasher: https://instagram.com/p/z2yHiwM47e/?modal=true (not sure how to embed Instagram photos)

I haven't been this excited for a release before.

Pardon the intrusion. Mostly lurking these days but I decided I needed a size up in a pair of the 2nd edition of the 30BSP. If anyone's seeking a very lightly worn pair of those in size 30, hit me up. I picked up a 31 from SEPDX and they are wearing in nicely. 

hm..i don't think there will be too much comparison between 21bsp and the kibata line. other than the mill, they're not similar in construction, fabric (both weight and how the fabric is made), fit, and price point. i feel like most comparisons will be between kibata or the sanforized versions they have out currently. we'll see. 

The 21bsp is slim tapered and should be very close to the measurements of the ST fit after the initial soak.  Construction wise, most of the details are similar. I like the patch better on the 21bsp and the hardware details better on the Kibata.  Kibata will be around $100 cheaper but that's not a huge issue for me considering how much I'll end up wearing the pair I get.

Biggest thing it comes down to for me is the fabric.  It looks like both are going to produce some very deep 3d high contrast fades.  I'm leaning towards the 21bsp because I've wanted a heavyweight pair for a while now.  

I wish there was some way to get a side by side of the fabrics.  It's hard to tell the true color of the Kibata based on the greenish filtered Hypebeast article photos.  

Edited by kcrunner

The 21bsp is slim tapered and should be very close to the measurements of the ST fit after the initial soak.  Construction wise, most of the details are similar. I like the patch better on the 21bsp and the hardware details better on the Kibata.  Kibata will be around $100 cheaper but that's not a huge issue for me considering how much I'll end up wearing the pair I get.

Biggest thing it comes down to for me is the fabric.  It looks like both are going to produce some very deep 3d high contrast fades.  I'm leaning towards the 21bsp because I've wanted a heavyweight pair for a while now.  

I wish there was some way to get a side by side of the fabrics.  It's hard to tell the true color of the Kibata based on the greenish filtered Hypebeast article photos.  

The fit on the 21bsp and the ST jeans are very different.  The 21BSP has a bit more taper from the knee down and the top block is very different.  The ST cut's top block is slightly boxy and modern where as the 21bsp's waist tapers in a bit.

And about the fabric, Young nailed it above, they're quite different in feel, weight, and weave.

Edited by kiya

The fit on the 21bsp and the ST jeans are very different.  The 21BSP has a bit more taper from the knee down and the top block is very different.  The ST cut's top block is slightly boxy and modern where as the 21bsp's waist tapers in a bit.

And about the fabric, Young nailed it above, they're quite different in feel, weight, and weave.

Thanks for the help.  I didn't take in to account how much they shrink.

It looks like based on the SE measurements for 21bsp I would probably have to size up at least 1 from my normal ST size.  Does that sound right?  I have a 30 right now in the st-120x and they're pretty tight so I imagine a 32 would work.  Wish I could try them on in person!

Thanks for the help.  I didn't take in to account how much they shrink.

It looks like based on the SE measurements for 21bsp I would probably have to size up at least 1 from my normal ST size.  Does that sound right?  I have a 30 right now in the st-120x and they're pretty tight so I imagine a 32 would work.  Wish I could try them on in person!

I would get a 31 in the 21BSP if you have a 30 in the ST cut and it's a bit too tight for you.

Those look insane, up there with the Samurai 5000bk for best aging black denim.

• 2 weeks later...

Some evo pics of my ST-200x. I had these for about 1 1/2 years and wore them as hard as I could. I stopped wearing them after they got some paint on them. The pictures seem a bit yellowish but thats probably because of the camera

Edit: I just realized the first picture isnt even focused...

Also I am willing to give these away if anyone wants them, sz.28. Just gotta pay for shipping or if maybe 3sixteen wants for display?

43dC34X.jpg?1

RUaIkMH.jpg?1

Edited by noobedloser

I know everyone is probably sick of my spam-ish posts about my contest jeans but here is my final post. Final fit pics 12 months 12 washes

Bo9BL0y.jpg

nnl1NYV.jpg

uIwkZDQ.jpg

Why my knees are so faded / ripped

gmdGkGB.jpg

Fathers day June 2014

0ePC4Gu.jpg