3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

anyone have any information, or better yet - fit pics of the st 130x/140x? I currently have a pair of st 220x sz 33 and they fit pretty spon on, a little extra room in the top but all in all great fit.

looking to get a pair of indigos, to supplement with my SExI14s, and im gravitating between the st 100x/130x/140x but i cant find any information really on the latter two.

any help on that?

Great stuff Zack... so much great texture and contrast in that denim.

Since my ST-120x was too loose after some wear, I ordered the ST-121x and sized down to 30.  These fit just about perfectly, they're easily the best slim tapered fit I've ever worn.  And the denim is really great, super crunchy and rough even though it's sanforized. 

Pulyzf2.jpg

Edited by Cold Summer

Since my ST-120x was too loose after some wear, I ordered the ST-121x and sized down to 30. These fit just about perfectly, they're easily the best slim tapered fit I've ever worn. And the denim is really great, super crunchy and rough even though it's sanforized.

Pulyzf2.jpg

These are a winner. Can't rep ya on mobile! When this reddit contest is over. If I place top 3 I'm debating between this or the unsanforized ones when released

I'm sure the unsanforized fabric is going to be awesome but I am so sick of sizing issues with unsanforized jeans (thinking they're fully shrunk when they aren't, fades shifting after a wash, etc.)  For me the 17 oz. fabric is impressive not so much because of the weight (I was fine with the 14.5 ones) but because of the texture.  A sanforized yet abrasive fabric is the best of both worlds for me.

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I wish retailers would just one-wash all of their unsanforized jeans (or heck, one-wash them twice just to be safe) so I know there won't be any surprises. 

Edited by Cold Summer

I'm sure the unsanforized fabric is going to be awesome but I am so sick of sizing issues with unsanforized jeans (thinking they're fully shrunk when they aren't, fades shifting after a wash, etc.) For me the 17 oz. fabric is impressive not so much because of the weight (I was fine with the 14.5 ones) but because of the texture. A sanforized yet abrasive fabric is the best of both worlds for me.

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I wish retailers would just one-wash all of their unsanforized jeans (or heck, one-wash them twice just to be safe) so I know there won't be any surprises.

My combs look like trash on my 120x because the creases change every time I wash them

My combs look like trash on my 120x because the creases change every time I wash them

Happened to me but only on one leg.  I think it had to do with using the washing machine.  I cold soaked them and they stayed the same.

ARG, I want mine back.  It's been 2 weeks so hopefully they'll come soon.

cmboland, has your weight/beefiness of your legs fluctuated any since you've been wearing them?  I'm perpetually skinny so I know that's not it in my case.

I'm always baffled by why some people have this problem while others don't.  Then again someone like Max Power always hand-washes his jeans and he gets terrific combs, so maybe there really is something to the idea that the washing machine is to blame.

But I've had them shift even when I only soak, on some pairs... for a while I thought that maybe the cause was putting on jeans while they were still wet from a wash/soak.  If anyone has some real, factual ideas as to why the fade shifting thing occurs and how to prevent it, I'm all ears.  Since I'm aiming to make my 121x my high-contrast sick fades pair, I'd really like to get this figured out once and for all.

Edited by Cold Summer

Don't know if it's ok to post this here. I hope you don't mind.

I bought the wrong size for my 30BSP. I got the size 30 while I need 31. They are hemmed just 2 cm, worn for 2 days and not soaked.

If anyone has a pair size 31 and wants a pair of 30, let me know and we can trade. A clean sale of size 30 could also work. I'm in EU.

Pre-soaked my new ST-121x's yesterday and wearing them today. Been said before but man this 121x denim is stiff and abrasive. Like sandpaper. Totally different to the 120x which I always found too soft. The inner black surface of the 120x almost feels like it's been brushed to give it a soft hand. The 121x feels like the backs of my knees are going to bleed. I like it though.

Edited by mattofumi

I think the fades shift because for one. i didnt wait long enough to break down the stiffness of the combs. The friction is obviously going to degrade the fabric slightly therefore increasing the chances for the denim to fold in those spots. Say wait 3 months then wash i would assume the fades will more than likely not shift due to the combs being slightly weaker than the rest.

Maybe people who machine wash and dry have more shifting due to the denim getting slapped around a bit more and therefore being a bit "softer". who knows :wacko2:

I really try to get into the spirit of what jeans were made for in the first place. I don't worry about combs shifting. If they are unsanforized, I soak them. If the are sanforized, I don't. I get my jeans hemmed about 2 inches longer than I need, wear them, and wash them on cold when dirty. Hang dry. Everything seems to work out okay when I do that.

Which is not to say I don't understand the handwringing about combs shifting - I just try to embrace the shift.

I think the fades shift because for one. i didnt wait long enough to break down the stiffness of the combs. The friction is obviously going to degrade the fabric slightly therefore increasing the chances for the denim to fold in those spots. Say wait 3 months then wash i would assume the fades will more than likely not shift due to the combs being slightly weaker than the rest.

Maybe people who machine wash and dry have more shifting due to the denim getting slapped around a bit more and therefore being a bit "softer". who knows :wacko2:

This might be the case.  On pairs where I've cuffed them, even after a wash there's still a crease where the cuff was.  I recall when I wore my Flat Head BSPs three years ago that I didn't wash or soak until five months of wear, and I never had any problems with the fades moving on those jeans. 

Since my ST-120x was too loose after some wear, I ordered the ST-121x and sized down to 30.  These fit just about perfectly, they're easily the best slim tapered fit I've ever worn.  And the denim is really great, super crunchy and rough even though it's sanforized. 

I thought you were in some Samurai 710xx's?

I have a pair of the CS100's which I always thought were perfect...until the release of the CT100. Since they are only offered through 3sixteen.com right now, can I get them hemmed/chainstitched upon ordering?

We have some at SELA, if you want to give me a call tomorrow. I copped as well. They're amazing.

Here's a snapshot of my ST-121x at just under three weeks' wear time.  These jeans fade crazy fast and the texture gives some really nice variation.  It's not as dramatic as PBJ's denim but it has a lot more texture than the other indigo/indigo fabrics I've seen. 

m14IV5G.jpg