3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

@kcrunner. Did you size up 1 for the jacket?

I did not.  If it helps, I have the RgT Supply Jacket in the same size.  The RgT is 20.5 chest and the 3sixteen is 19.5-20ish.  It's a little snug in the chest but I think it will stretch out.  The biggest difference is the slimness of the arms.  T-shirts are fine and my 9.5oz think oxford shirt have no trouble layering under it.  I don't think I could wear a thick sweater/hoodie with it.  If you're planning on doing much layering you should probably size up.  

@kcrunner. Did you size up 1 for the jacket?

I did not.  If it helps, I have the RgT Supply Jacket in the same size.  The RgT is 20.5 chest and the 3sixteen is 19.5-20ish.  It's a little snug in the chest but I think it will stretch out.  The biggest difference is the slimness of the arms.  T-shirts are fine and my 9.5oz think oxford shirt have no trouble layering under it.  I don't think I could wear a thick sweater/hoodie with it.  If you're planning on doing much layering you should probably size up.  

+1 on the slim arms. I haven't tried shoehorning a hoodie under it, and don't expect it would fit. But oxfords work well.

I also have the supply jacket, and I did have to size up the Type 3S, though, so, measure twice, buy once, I guess.

While I didn't end up making any Black Friday purchases, the selfedge & 3sixteen sales had me revisit a few admired items lately, and in the process I noticed a confusing sizing discrepancy. Outside of the CS-100x, I had pretty much ruled 3sixteens out due to SL thighs being a bit too narrow. However, in looking back over the SL-140x & SL-130x (i.e., the 17oz. models), things looked tempting again (especially given the advertised amount of stretch). In the process, I discovered that the measurements for a SL-130x size 34 measured by 3sixteen differs markedly from the same pair measured by Selfedge despite the fact that their "how we measure" guides seem the same. 3sixteen size 34 = 35 waist, 37 inseam, 12.3 thigh, 9.0 knee, 8.3 hem & Selfedge size 34 = 34.5 waist, 36 inseam, 12.6 thigh, 9.0 knee, 8.6 hem opening.

As much as I keep trying to talk myself into grabbing some 3sixteens, these details make some difference (especially since the only 3sixteen retailer in Denver where I can try thing on only carries ST models that don't work at all). I realize that we're dealing with fractions of inches in some cases, but the idea that the same basic method yields such different results is a touch befuddling. Is this just a case of different runs being available at different places? Have folks encountered this confusion before? 

Thanks for any of your thought. Sorry if I'm sounding like a scrooge. 

The shadows on the last page or two look great, by the way. And the the zig-zag collar on the new jackets is an outrageous detail....

Cheers.

Three of us at our store can measure the same pair of jeans and come up with a different reading within a margin of half an inch. Other retailers who go to the effort of providing detailed size charts will say the same. It used to drive me crazy but I now accept this is a very small margin. Factor in hand sewn garments with often thick fabrics you will get variances even if we could all agree on a 100% precise measurement.

• 2 weeks later...

I would personally, but it depends whether or not you like the stacked look. Try cuffing them to a length you feel appropriate and see if you like the length better--that may help you decide!

edit: also, great looking jeans KC!

Edited by chicote

So I've got a pair of ST-120x on the way!  I'm hoping these will be a good fit, I really want a nice slim tapered pair to wear with my sneakers.  Plus there is ample evidence that these get an amazing fade.

I thought about waiting for the loomstate version but I have so much trouble with sizing for unsanforized jeans that I think these will be a better bet.  

So I've got a pair of ST-120x on the way!  I'm hoping these will be a good fit, I really want a nice slim tapered pair to wear with my sneakers.  Plus there is ample evidence that these get an amazing fade.

I thought about waiting for the loomstate version but I have so much trouble with sizing for unsanforized jeans that I think these will be a better bet.  

Thanks for the support! Look forward to seeing you wear them in.

Anybody have the waxed stadium jacket in black?  How do you like it?

I have the first version they released years ago. Love the materials, warm enough for winter in the Pacific Northwest, and nicely sewn together. I really wish the jacket was 2 inches shorter in the torso for a proper cropped fit; sometimes I fold the waist ribbing inside so the jacket looks shorter. I don't know if they altered the cut for the subsequent releases.

I don't own the new Type 3s, but I have the same problem with its length. FWIW, I prefer these two styles of jackets to sit at or just below the waist.