3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

Apologies for the xposts 

Considering selling my lightly worn 3sixteen shadow selvedge type 3 after finally admitting it's a bit snug!  Ant sufu'ers intrested let me know before it goes on the usual sites..

Size M.

So I did end up picking up the 3Sixteen DSPTCH bag and it's beautiful, color is less burnt orange in person.
But I think I might be returning it. It's a little too big for everyday use for me, I don't really carry all that much stuff.
Kind of on the fence about it. On the one hand I really like it, on the other hand I feel like I look silly taking a big half empty backpack to work everyday.
QUJdkt8.jpg
rLipntw.jpgcd9pWbD.jpg

That's an awesome color. I cant believe I haven't walked over half a block to see them in person yet at dsptch. I dont think it's necessary to only have a backpack if you're going to be carrying a ton of stuff. We're no longer in grade school. We dont need to carry text books anymore. My backpack is generally just a book, water bottle, external phone battery, lotion, and if I'm feeling ambitious, I'll throw in a snack. It's basically a backpack version of my mom's purse when I was growing up. 

What I carry daily is about the same, but with this bag it just feels and looks too big for what little stuff I’m carrying. Just is kinda deep to dig in there just for a small item or two. I might change my mind though because it’s such a cool bag. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some pre and post wash pictures of my 21BSP. I think I've had them about two and a half years, although they were worn on and off over that time. Not sure how many washes, probably between 6 and 8. Unfortunately they've shrunk continuously even after the first two washes, and I've gained a bit of weight too, so they're too tight for me now. A pity, because they were just getting nice and had a lot of life left. These would have looked fabulous after another year.

The color was hard to capture, it definitely changes a lot depending on light source. While being very rich indigo, they're not as intensely blue as the pictures in direct sunlight would suggest. True color is somewhere between the color of the first and last photos, but being closer to the last photo.

Pre-Wash

21BSP1_zpszip1ts0f.jpg

21BSP2_zpsem19ruld.jpg

21BSP3_zpst5t3lmh9.jpg

Post-Wash (looks weird to me due to lack of creases, but gives a good idea of the fading)

21BSP4_zpsps0alfa1.jpg

21BSP5_zpsqgql7m9f.jpg

21BSP6_zpsarvsp8bx.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm seeking some sizing advice as it's been awhile since I've purchased new denim, but my jeans are worn and need to be replaced. I decided on the ST⁠-⁠120x as my next pair. The flat waist measure on good fitting jeans measured 31 so I sized down one to a 30 waist and purchased the size 29 ST⁠-⁠120x. I received them and when I tried them on found I'm unable to button more than the bottom two buttons. I know they are going to shrink a bit with a soak. Is there any hope in these fitting correctly after a soak and stretch or should I resell and purchased them in a size 30?

You actually sized down 2 if you went to a 29? Given 3sixteen have a fairly tight top box you'll never get those to work, can't do up the top bottom is to small let alone only the bottom 2. 

On 6/15/2019 at 12:18 PM, Geeman said:

You actually sized down 2 if you went to a 29? Given 3sixteen have a fairly tight top box you'll never get those to work, can't do up the top bottom is to small let alone only the bottom 2. 

size 29 = 30" waist, my waist measure was 31 so I only sized down one. Thank you for the feedback.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:09 PM, kicks79 said:

@8bpc There is no way those will fit you especially as they will shrink slightly after a hot wash.

Can I ask why you didn't buy a 31"?

The ST style as mentioned above is a slim fitting style. I wouldn't recommend sizing down on them at all.

selfedge had the following information for the product "The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1.5" I figured I would need to size down one to account for the stretch. Thank you for the feedback.

Edited by 8bpc

They will only stretch if you can button them up to wear them..and the 1.5 is an estimate, from experience this is not true of 3sixteen 

Edited by Geeman

My size 33 SL's were probably 34" to start if size charts are accurate, and measure 36" now.  However, this stretch is over a 5 year period where I gradually gained a little weight.  

If you can't button them fully when you first put them on, then you got the wrong size and should exchange.  To account for initial stretch, they should be a snug fit, not tight. 

17 hours ago, 8bpc said:

size 29 = 30" waist, my waist measure was 31 so I only sized down one. Thank you for the feedback.

selfedge had the following information for the product "The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1.5" I figured I would need to size down one to account for the stretch. Thank you for the feedback.

Just to note, they can potentially stretch up to 1.5, that's not a guarantee and it will invole alot of discomfort.

@8bpc Ah okay, I understand.

I have the ST 120x in a 31". I'm normally a 30" waist and had to size up one for this style. As others have mentioned they will stretch however you have to be able to button them up for that to happen. 

Don't feel too bad, denim is tricky and you are not the first to go wrong sizing a pair of jeans.