3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

photouxm.jpg

got my shirts from the sale last week, but the postage was short paid by 3sixteen. the shirts are great, i'm just not that thrilled about having to pay unexpected shipping costs because the package was improperly weighed.

i never understand why unsatisfied customers resort to the internet public instead of contacting the primary source as their first recourse to resolve a situation, as if the internet should be appalled by such a mistake and forsake a business for its mistake.

if you are looking for help to resolve your situation, send andrew (ajchen) or johan (jl77) a private message or e-mail to [email protected] about your problem and i am sure they will sort you out. they have been prompt and generous with their customer service in my experiences.

kenzie - We had a BUNCH of packages going out during the sale, so I didn't always have time to weigh out each individual package. PM me your PayPal address and we'll send you $4.20.

yeah i don't know man. i mean, i have no beef with them about it really, i just wish it had all been charged at once. whatever, stupid is as stupid does.

jl77 nah it's no big deal, i understand.

Edited by kenzie

I just want to chime in here about what a great product and service 3sixteen provides. I bought a pair of ST-100s recently from an online retailer. They showed up missing the shank button. Rather than deal with the hassle of dealing with the customer service wing of a large company and the hassle of hoping they might track down another pair in stock to exchange, I contacted 3sixteen directly to see if anything could be done. They got back to me after the weekend and Andrew and Johan worked it out so that I got the denim fixed quickly and expertly. The turnaround time was amazing, they really went above and beyond.

Of course, opening a line of communication is the key, but I don't doubt that they treat every customer the same.

These guys stand by their product and service. These are the best jeans I've had from the first time I put them on: substantive, but not uncomfortably rigid. I think I'm a convert for life.

Im looking for a new pair of black jeans, is there a notable difference between the aging of the raw blacks vs the overdye blacks?

how are the overdye blacks constructed? are they are pair of black jeans with an added layer of black overdye added on top that will eventually rub off?

and according to what I understand, the black blacks also wont fade?

Im looking for a new pair of black jeans, is there a notable difference between the aging of the raw blacks vs the overdye blacks?

how are the overdye blacks constructed? are they are pair of black jeans with an added layer of black overdye added on top that will eventually rub off?

and according to what I understand, the black blacks also wont fade?

our regular blacks (200x series denim) is a black warp and white weft jean. while this denim does indeed fade to a lighter grey over time, it will take significant wear to get it to do so. this is the case with most black jeans - a notable exception is our 3sixteen+ black denim, that jean fades very quickly. here's an example of what traditional black denim can do if it's worn really hard:

tumblr_lvm19msPCg1r72p3qo1_r1_1280.jpg

the overdyed black (211 series) denim is indigo denim that's been overdyed black. it's a fabric overdye, not a garment overdye, so that means the denim was overdyed before we sewed it together. it has a starchy crunch to it from the get go which will yield very contrasty fades over time. after a month or two of wear, you'll start to see electric blues start to peek out at wear points.

someone mentioned our double black 220x denim - that jean has black warp and black weft threads, which means that it technically shouldn't fade. but all double black jeans will eventually fade over time to a lighter grey if they're worn hard. here's a pair that's been worn daily and washed once a week for the past 6 months - you can see the lightening and the roping that the denim is exhibiting:

tumblr_lzv6nmWv811r72p3qo1_1280.jpg

hope this helps.

thanks for the insightful post andrew

i will definitely will be considering a pair of double blacks real soon (any news of a restock for the estore? along with the leather bracelets?)

Congratulations on the recent news as well! B)

does anyone know how much the Barneys collab stretches? I got my pair in but I'm worried they'll stretch out too much since they fit pretty much spot on now.

They're going to stretch a bit, especially on points of stress, but they're not going to completely bag out on you.

Apologies for my first post being a question, but I recently picked up a pair of SL-200s in size 34. They're my first pair of raw denim.. They're too long so I was thinking of getting them hemmed and was wondering what I should do in preparation. They're tight in the legs, the thighs especially, but there's a small amount of room in the waist, particularly in the back. Should I wash or cold soak or hot soak before having them hemmed? Was thinking of going to SelfEdge for the chainstitching - that worth it?

Thanks so much for any advice! Really excited to start getting into raw denim.

Apologies for my first post being a question, but I recently picked up a pair of SL-200s in size 34. They're my first pair of raw denim.. They're too long so I was thinking of getting them hemmed and was wondering what I should do in preparation. They're tight in the legs, the thighs especially, but there's a small amount of room in the waist, particularly in the back. Should I wash or cold soak or hot soak before having them hemmed? Was thinking of going to SelfEdge for the chainstitching - that worth it?

Thanks so much for any advice! Really excited to start getting into raw denim.

there's no need to soak your jeans as the denim is sanforized. go ahead and get them hemmed up and you can start wearing them right away.

photouxm.jpg

got my shirts from the sale last week, but the postage was short paid by 3sixteen. the shirts are great, i'm just not that thrilled about having to pay unexpected shipping costs because the package was improperly weighed.

I'm on the island too. besides noteworthy and maybe the barneys outlet you know where to get some denims here?

I'm on the island too. besides noteworthy and maybe the barneys outlet you know where to get some denims here?

no idea. i do almost all of my shopping online, so i've never really gotten around to checking out local shops, but i don't think there are many to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

I measured myself at a 34, though i usually wear 32s in most everything, so i went with a 32 in the ST-100x's off ebay.

Just got them today and the waist fits perfectly, but now I'm worried that it's going to stretch and be too big...will the waist still stretch an inch if they're not too tight now? Kinda wishing I had bought a 31 from somewhere...

I measured myself at a 34, though i usually wear 32s in most everything, so i went with a 32 in the ST-100x's off ebay.

Just got them today and the waist fits perfectly, but now I'm worried that it's going to stretch and be too big...will the waist still stretch an inch if they're not too tight now? Kinda wishing I had bought a 31 from somewhere...

The waist is going to stretch 1" even if they're not that tight right now. If they were super tight then they'd stretch more than an inch. If you're worried about them being too big you can sell them and get a pair in 31.