3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

looked at my jeans today and I guess one of my rivets popped off :mellow: . Anyone know if SELA will replace it for me? It's just annoying to look at and that little patch of denim that is uncovered is bothersome.

Swing by SELA, we have a great foot press that we just acquired that can have that fixed for you while you wait.

here's my 9 month update on the 21bsp.

wash/soak history

• initial pre-soak
  • 6 month soak
  • 9 month soak

disclaimer: I don't know how people breakdown wear but i only wear my jeans after work, weekends and casual fridays but i call this 9 months since I got them and started wearing them.

Hope you like the update

7036268155_7b8962bc0b_z.jpg

6890176478_4a10e1cd65_z.jpg

7036271653_a377dd80c9_z.jpg

only decent knee fades I captured

7036273415_a7ab5e42ab_z.jpg

6890181416_a99ddb5430_z.jpg

7036276795_c338b2bec6_z.jpg

6890172802_1c54637e9c_z.jpg

That's probably around 5-6 months of real wear time. They're looking great!

In December I gave my friend (who works with tsunami relief efforts) a pair of SL-100X jeans. At the same time, he got some Red Wing 875s. Only three months later, and those shoes look like they've been worn several years. He doesn't wear the jeans every day but those things are gonna look intense. I'll take pictures eventually.

Edited by Cold Summer

tumblr_m20q65U3if1r72p3qo1_500.jpg

We’re proud to announce that our Heavyweight 13oz. Stitched Belt is now available in three colors: Golden, Brown and Black. Each belt is cut from premium English Bridle leather sourced from domestic steerhides, and then skived down and stitched together with durable waxed thread to create an accessory that will last a lifetime. All three colors are now available in our online shop and at all Self Edge stores.

aj,

I'm an owner of your first release duffle coat in smoke grey... it has been battle tested for the past few seasons. However, over the seasons I've lost the hoodie, snapped the button, and the inner mesh is ripping out.

As 3sixteen is not selling a duffle coat at the moment and I would really not want to opt toward another line's duffle coat, is there any chance I could get my current version repaired by you guys?

thank you,

E-mail me at johan at 3sixteen dot com and I'll see what we can do for you/

aj,

I'm an owner of your first release duffle coat in smoke grey... it has been battle tested for the past few seasons. However, over the seasons I've lost the hoodie, snapped the button, and the inner mesh is ripping out.

As 3sixteen is not selling a duffle coat at the moment and I would really not want to opt toward another line's duffle coat, is there any chance I could get my current version repaired by you guys?

thank you,

I just purchased a pair of 21 BSP+ and have a question to those of you who hot soaked yours. I soaked mine for about 40 minutes in hot bath water, the jeans still have a bit more room in them than I would like. Do I stand to snug these up any more by soaking them for another 40 minutes or an hour? These guys are so dark they can stand to lose a bit of indigo but I would still like to keep as much as possible.

My second pair of 3Sixteens and I'm loving these as much as the first, I appreciate any info you fine gentlemen can impart.

i agree with happinessknox, you can give them another hot soak - indigo loss will be minimal at this stage, just use the hottest water that will come out of the tap and leave them in for an hour and you should see a little more shrinkage.

tumblr_m32h51iU6B1qzrf5k.jpg

Once a year, we put some odds and ends in our warehouse on sale to make room for new product. Sizes and quantities are usually quite limited but we’ve priced them at 50-70% off retail. Once these items are sold out, they will never be restocked again.

The sale ends next Thursday, May 3rd. Shop all items here:

http://www.3sixteen.com/collections/sale

just wanted to thank the fellows at 3sixteen for the awesome service/shipping - I purchased a pair of the barneys SL100s when I got the email for the sale.

I put a note in to have them hemmed to 34.

I got a shipping notification really quickly from the shop, so I figured they didn't see the hemming thing (or don't offer it on sale items or something). I was cool with that, as they were super cheap.

Got them today, and they were hemmed.

Awesome service, i appreciate it. Good stuff.

also interested in learning more about the barney's collaboration - denim seems to be left hand twill, from hiroshima, based on what I could find on the interwebs. Any more insight would be appreciated.

also, what is "asymmetric selvage"? is listed as one of the qualities of the denim.

thanks in advance for the answers.

just out of curiosity, how heavy is the patch on the original 3sixteen line?

I'm pretty sure the patch weight has been consistent from year to year...4/5 oz

Andrew, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure the patch weight has been consistent from year to year...4/5 oz

Andrew, correct me if I'm wrong.

We used to use a 2/3oz a few years ago, but switched to 4/5oz. about a year and a half ago.

also interested in learning more about the barney's collaboration - denim seems to be left hand twill, from hiroshima, based on what I could find on the interwebs. Any more insight would be appreciated.

also, what is "asymmetric selvage"? is listed as one of the qualities of the denim.

thanks in advance for the answers.

The LHT denim on the Barneys collaboration jean was sourced from Kaihara, and has much more crunch to it than our in-line denim - I believe it will yield a contrasty fade more quickly than our custom woven denim from Kuroki, but it doesn't have the soft hand on the inside that our in-line denim is known for. The asymmetrical selvedge ID refers to the fact that the selvedge line is plain white on one side and black line on the other:

barneys-co-op-3sixteen-sl-bny1-jeans-5-620x413.jpg

Will there be a restock of the ST-120x for the size 29 on the 3sixteen site?

definitely, 120x denim is on its way over from okayama and we'll be sewing them into jeans as quickly as we can. we hope to have a new run available in mid-june.