3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

Only two months wear into my sl100's and a rivet has came off the right hand side pocket... Pretty disappointed.

Where did you buy them from?

I really want to try on a pair of SL-100. I wish someone in London carried them. I would just order from SE or 3Sixteen directly but 1) I would need them hemmed to a 32 which would stop me from being able to return them if they didn't fit properly 2) May have to pay extortionate duties 3) How do you guys buy jeans online without trying them on?

measurements your waist then check the measurments on here

if done correctly, you wont have a pair of ill fitting jeans

www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=438

blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7973000

I really want to try on a pair of SL-100. I wish someone in London carried them. I would just order from SE or 3Sixteen directly but 1) I would need them hemmed to a 32 which would stop me from being able to return them if they didn't fit properly 2) May have to pay extortionate duties 3) How do you guys buy jeans online without trying them on?

tons of measurements, questions and research all leading up to a very exciting purchase

The more I think about it, the more I think the SL-100X are the best-fitting jeans I've tried on. They're the only ones I've tried that have a slim upper thigh (11.3"), a wider knee to accommodate my longer thighs (8.5"), and a not-too-loose hem (7.75") and a long enough inseam (37"). Why doesn't anyone else make something that fits like this? I love my SE05BSPs but compared to the SL-100X the rise is low, the upper thigh is loose and the lower thigh is tight. Of course, this is probably my fault for being a really tall, skinny guy. I'm wearing my FH BSPs until they're blown to pieces, but I wouldn't mind having a proper-fitting straight leg fit as well.

Is the 11BSP the same fit as the SL-100X after shrinking? It's hard to estimate based on SE's measurements since the BSP is unsanforized. Also, do the BSPs have felled inseams like the SLs?

The more I think about it, the more I think the SL-100X are the best-fitting jeans I've tried on. They're the only ones I've tried that have a slim upper thigh (11.3"), a wider knee to accommodate my longer thighs (8.5"), and a not-too-loose hem (7.75") and a long enough inseam (37"). Why doesn't anyone else make something that fits like this? I love my SE05BSPs but compared to the SL-100X the rise is low, the upper thigh is loose and the lower thigh is tight. Of course, this is probably my fault for being a really tall, skinny guy. I'm wearing my FH BSPs until they're blown to pieces, but I wouldn't mind having a proper-fitting straight leg fit as well.

Is the 11BSP the same fit as the SL-100X after shrinking? It's hard to estimate based on SE's measurements since the BSP is unsanforized. Also, do the BSPs have felled inseams like the SLs?

That's nice to hear - glad that you find them to fit well. The 11BSPs were originally designed to fit just like the SL-100x but along the way we've made slight tweaks to the pattern. Different textiles have their own shrinkage and stretch rates, so we made a few adjustments to the next 11BSP run to create what we think is a well fitting straight leg with a little slimness from the knee down (like the SL cut). Check the measurements when the next run arrives, I think they should come pretty close post-soak. And yes, all our jeans feature felled inseams.

I've had my SLs since November and I love them. It's just after about a month the stitching on the crotch/fly area came undone and now all the stitching around the crotch/fly area is beginning to unravel. Lame. Is this something that can be touched up at a repair place? Any experience with this? I sized down and they fit well now, but that area is beginning to be a little too much. Don't want to get a 33 and they be too big.

I've had my SLs since November and I love them. It's just after about a month the stitching on the crotch/fly area came undone and now all the stitching around the crotch/fly area is beginning to unravel. Lame. Is this something that can be touched up at a repair place? Any experience with this? I sized down and they fit well now, but that area is beginning to be a little too much. Don't want to get a 33 and they be too big.

Don't wait till the jeans starts to disintegrate. Fix early.

Brannenb: I'd go for a size smaller

Size is fine, this ain't APC

That's nice to hear - glad that you find them to fit well. The 11BSPs were originally designed to fit just like the SL-100x but along the way we've made slight tweaks to the pattern. Different textiles have their own shrinkage and stretch rates, so we made a few adjustments to the next 11BSP run to create what we think is a well fitting straight leg with a little slimness from the knee down (like the SL cut). Check the measurements when the next run arrives, I think they should come pretty close post-soak. And yes, all our jeans feature felled inseams.

I'm looking to pick up a pair of 11BSP's, how different will the next run be? Is it worth holding out for a better fitting pair or will the differences be small and unnoticable? I had gotten the SL's in a 36, and they fit great except a bit snug in the waist/thigh (I'm 6'5" 240) so was going to opt for the 38 in the BSP's looking for that little bit of extra room.

Hey Airforbes1, denimgeek is a UK based that stock 3sixteen - http://www.denimgeek.com/3sixteen-m8

Also, you could buy a pair unhemmed to check the fit and if they're ok take them to Son Of A Stag on Brick Lane to get chain stitched. They're really helpful in there. I think they charge £20 and will also re-hem for free.

Hope that helps. I've had a few pairs of 3sixteen and they're totally worth it!

Hey Airforbes1, denimgeek is a UK based that stock 3sixteen - http://www.denimgeek.com/3sixteen-m8

Also, you could buy a pair unhemmed to check the fit and if they're ok take them to Son Of A Stag on Brick Lane to get chain stitched. They're really helpful in there. I think they charge £20 and will also re-hem for free.

Hope that helps. I've had a few pairs of 3sixteen and they're totally worth it!

Thanks. I found them too, and they said that they would be getting some SL100s in soon (a few weeks).

However, I couldn't really wait anymore. I have lost a lot of weight recently and none of my trousers (not just jeans) fit me anymore (waist bands sag below the belt). I had to get something, now. I work at a department store that carries A.P.C. so I was able to get a pair of New Standards at a discount. At full price, it would have been a no-brainer, and I would have just ordered from SE and put up with the possibility of customs charges (that's how much I think of everything I've read about 3Sixteen as a company, and all of the measurements/fittings). My next pair will definitely be a pair of SL100s.

Actually, I called Son of a Stag this morning about getting my A.P.C.s hemmed, they said the turn around would be a day. Prety reasonable I think.

Thanks for links. Best forum I've come across in a very long time.

just started to wear my sl-200x. nice lighter weight option for spring, and a good fit. somewhat disappointed that the patch was a bit fucked up when i got them, though. but hey, what do you expect for 2 bills nowadays? lol.

Unfortunately,that seems to be the case as of late . However, AJ Chen has said it time and time again that he and the guys at 3Sixteen stand behind their products 100% and have demonstrated that they'll do what it takes to sort similar situations out so that the customer is satisfied with their purchase. He--like Kiya--happens to be one of the easiest guys to get ahold of; I wouldn't worry.

Edited by Shoreman

what the general consensus here? all I'm reading is jeans falling to bit in a very short space of time!

look at o3kram's post on his 20 month and i've worn mine in for 3 years and they're pretty freaking awesome