3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

these haven't been out long enough to gauge fades, but doesn't kaihara manufacture denim for edwin as well? you could always check that for a slight reference.

my 3sixteen slim indigo have similar coloring as my edwin sen skinny, but the edwins have a sheen that the 3sixteens lack. also, the weft on the edwins is white and the 3sixteens are a cream/natural. the 3 sixteens look really sharp turned up!

also, as far as sizing, i went with my true waist measurement and got the closest to a 32" (which is their size 31) and it fit perfect (read: not tight/not loose, fitted at the waist with room to put my thumb and pull). i thought about sizing down but kiya suggested against it saying there was no need unless i wanted it skin tight (which i've been trying to get away from...).

so, yeh, i guess size down if you want it super slim. hope that helps...

Guest eugen eugen
these haven't been out long enough to gauge fades, but doesn't kaihara manufacture denim for edwin as well? you could always check that for a slight reference.

my 3sixteen slim indigo have similar coloring as my edwin sen skinny, but the edwins have a sheen that the 3sixteens lack. also, the weft on the edwins is white and the 3sixteens are a cream/natural. the 3 sixteens look really sharp turned up!

also, as far as sizing, i went with my true waist measurement and got the closest to a 32" (which is their size 31) and it fit perfect (read: not tight/not loose, fitted at the waist with room to put my thumb and pull). i thought about sizing down but kiya suggested against it saying there was no need unless i wanted it skin tight (which i've been trying to get away from...).

so, yeh, i guess size down if you want it super slim. hope that helps...

can you please post a pic? im true 32 ,too. not sure if i should take 30,31.

need a fit pic p lease

therelativity: i guess it depends on their dye process. as a painter you learn that true black doesn't exist so you use blue and brown to create a blackish hue. maybe it's the same with denim and trying to achieve a more natural shade. or it could be more cost effective.

on another note, i soaked my slim indigos to get the starch out. let them sit for 1.5 hours, went to fetch them and the water had turned rust orange. did another 30 minute soak after that to further rinse off whatever was left and came back to water a lighter orange. after they dried, that 'natural' hue i referred to earlier was gone. what's up with that?

Just like stated in our product page for that jean that denim they've used for the jean from Cone is a Sulfur Top indigo denim, it starts our black and fades to indigo, eventually with enough washes and wear the entire jean will be blue.

Thank you guys for the info. They are nice and quite uniqe jeans. Linwe, get a pair :)

kixslf, where did you get the resin coated? They look good on you.

robokoped em from the shop [hecklewood]

For fit, you can find various pictures I posted before. I would compare it with apc nc, since both are slim fit.

DIfferences:

Nc has narrower leg openning, lower back rise, higher back pocket position. Sizing (28 3sixteen = 26 nc on legs; the upper of 3 sixteen may be more generous).

Qualitywise, similarly good I would say. Since my 3sixteen is black coated while nc and ns are indigo, I cannot compare the fabric they use. They are different for sure. I don't think 3sixteen is ACP repo at all. It is uniqe in a good way.

Another note about the details. Since I collet brooches/pins, I like the little APC pin. For 3 sixteen, I like the the tanner patch and button design and the linning they used for the pockets.

There is a contest, i've been waiting to get a decent stock of the jeans before we announce anything..

We're gonna push the start date back by a week or so, June 20th it is now.

We just got some more straight leg ones today, so those should be up on our site shortly, and then we'll post all the info again across the boards.

We're gonna push the start date back by a week or so, June 20th it is now.

We just got some more straight leg ones today, so those should be up on our site shortly, and then we'll post all the info again across the boards.

Hey Kiya, my buddy wants a pair of the slims in 28 when do you think a restock will come of those?

Hey Kiya, my buddy wants a pair of the slims in 28 when do you think a restock will come of those?

We should have them later today.

There is a good chance the next run of them will be 2" longer in inseam.

The 3sixteen Denim Contest

How to Enter:

-Buy any pair of 3sixteen jeans from Self Edge or www.selfedge.com between now and June 15th:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=82

-Contest starts officially July 1st 2009 and ends January 1st, 2010, so you have about 3 weeks to buy the jeans if you want to be on track with the rest of the contestants, but a late start is also accepted.

-You can start at any date, the start date is not important, what is important is what the jeans look like after six months of wear.

-Destroy or alter your jeans any way you choose.

Rules:

-All repairs to your denim must be made by yourself or your local tailor. We highly encourage self repairs to make the results more interesting. If you're in San Francisco, you may bring your jeans to Self Edge for repair, stitching repairs are free, patch repairs are charged.

-There are no stipulations on what you can do to your denim. Wear them, distress them, do whatever you want... we are just looking for the most creative and well worn jeans.

-Judging decisions are made by 3sixteen and Self Edge and are final.

Prizes:

-Any pair of jeans from Self Edge

-$200 Gift Certificate to shop.3sixteen.com