help with good dry denim for women

M.O.A

my girl friend really wants a pair of dry denim.....but not a straight cut.....anyone have any good ideas....i really want her to get a pair too.....i was thinking about the denim birds boot cut but its hard to tell how they fit on people....if anyone has any pics...it would be great

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

I'm a big believer in the Wrangler for ladies. I can't remember the style number but they used to do a broken weave bootcut for ladies. Broken Weave is much better for really skinny jeans without stretch.

Is higher than the current trend (but it's going that direction anyway), and they used to do a raw and a rinse wash.

I hope that itch isn't what i think it is...

... could someone take a photo of me like this

superprivate andewhall and check out his ones they are plain, cheap and semi made to measure how more custom-to-you can you get

and before being accused i dont work for him i dont even know him, just know good work when i see it.

acne jeans are all straight leg or tapered. i have a pair of hep (the lower rise jean) and they fit beautifully. im in my third week of wearing them in, the only complaint is that they could be thicker to get more defined creases.

Quote:

acne jeans are all straight leg or tapered. i have a pair of hep (the lower rise jean) and they fit beautifully. im in my third week of wearing them in, the only complaint is that they could be thicker to get more defined creases.

--- Original message by canice on Nov 13, 2005 08:41 PM

Well the sales assistant in the acne shop in copenhagen asked my girlfriend if she wanted a bootcut model but she just said no I think so I didn't see the model but everybody knows that assistants tend to do mistakes all the time.

yeah, she def wants to wear them in herself.....she loves my nudies and is gonna try and get a pair of the slin boot cut denim birds.....i found a sit with pretty good pics, she just doesnt treally wanna wear em with heels and that really what looks best with boot cut, but she's prolly gonna buy em anyway.....ill post pics in a few from the suite to give you guys agood idea of how they fit....

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

Quote:

superprivate andewhall and check out his ones they are plain, cheap and semi made to measure how more custom-to-you can you get

and before being accused i dont work for him i dont even know him, just know good work when i see it.

--- Original message by pedler on Nov 13, 2005 08:24 PM

Thanks for thinking of me Pedler! I hope Haptonic is getting some nice wear on those Jeans.

Anyway here is a few pic's of the Jeans I make. Hand made, 12-13oz Dry, broken twill, dark Indigo, non selvage, non stretch, zip fly. 5 styles, 10 sizes, all 36inch inseam but I can certainly make to any length, also with or without back pocket detail. I was doing 3 rise heights for girls low/med/high but the med and high didn't sell to well....we all know the girls like the low rise, will bring back the med and high at a later date. I cut my low rise higher in the back to eliminate that awful builders crack, ha.

Sorry the photos are not the best and the catalog pic is just what I have pinned to my wall to know what sizes I have and what sizes I have to grade! I am working on new catalogs and pic's etc at the mo. I am also working on a series of pic's I did of the construction from start to finish...alot of photo editing. More pic's here too: http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

Have a swell day everyone

63007.jpg

63423.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

Hi DenimR,

The denim I use isn't super heavy 12-13oz nor is it super lightweight, so it works really well and molds in quite quickly. A good inbetween weight I think. Alot of raw selvage denim is 14oz up to 20+oz, I can't comment on those as I have never seen any in action and probably more guys Jeans. I think Iron heart does a womens 21oz? I did make a pair of girls loose style Jeans in a very heavy denim once 16+oz, just testing it out, it wasn't very successful. Probably due to the loose style and how the jeans fell etc, to heavy. But may have been better on a fitted style.

It comes down to personal taste really though how heavy and rigid you like your denim. Some dry 'n' heavy denim is very rigid while others have a softer hand. Alot of girls I have talked to about Jeans say they don't like heavy denim, thats why I use a good average weight.

i have a pair of skinny workshop jeans

sanforised indigo 2% lycra

have had them for 2 months doing the no wash, starch and fabric deoderiser thing

even spent a drunk night sleeping on the lawn in them

they are getting mad markings at back of knees and right down inseam

a girl starting to understand obsession!

Edited by pedler on Nov 20, 2005 at 05:23 PM

Quote:

Hi DenimR,

The denim I use isn't super heavy 12-13oz nor is it super lightweight, so it works really well and molds in quite quickly. A good inbetween weight I think. Alot of raw selvage denim is 14oz up to 20+oz, I can't comment on those as I have never seen any in action and probably more guys Jeans. I think Iron heart does a womens 21oz? I did make a pair of girls loose style Jeans in a very heavy denim once 16+oz, just testing it out, it wasn't very successful. Probably due to the loose style and how the jeans fell etc, to heavy. But may have been better on a fitted style.

It comes down to personal taste really though how heavy and rigid you like your denim. Some dry 'n' heavy denim is very rigid while others have a softer hand. Alot of girls I have talked to about Jeans say they don't like heavy denim, thats why I use a good average weight.

--- Original message by andewhall on Nov 14, 2005 04:35 PM

Very very cool that you are making jeans first of all, best of luck etc.

Could you tell me (pm if prefer) details for mens, like price and difference in cut twixt grifter, couger and rodeo, i like the stadard 501 slimmish leg, baggy arse cut.

I confess it may be mainly out of interest at the mo as im a little skint!

Thanksicon_smile_cool.gif

KIXSLF Hey man I will def PM you with some info, probably tomorrow.....I gotta go out soon. I am also working on easier to understand sizing info / conversions etc.

DOCDOOM Thanks for the interest man. I am working on a new hand drawn catalog, some better photos and really detailed sizing charts. Super busy at present. I have 5 styles but am thinking of adding another soon, super slim / tapered. And another womens cut, stretch denim......like it's painted on? Hmmm, it may take awhile to get the one sorted as I have never used stretch before. Heres a breakdown of the styles/fit for the guys Jeans.

GRIFTER: Slim Cut / Straight Leg / Low rise (cut higher in the back so no builders crack)

COUGAR: Regular Cut / Straight Leg / Regular Rise

MOON: Regular Cut / Flared Leg / Regular Rise

RODEO: Regular Cut / Mild Bootcut / Slouch Rise

AKIRA: Loose Cut / Mild Taper / Long Loose Rise

Pic is Grifter and Rodeo

PEDLER Hey I heard somewhere that Workshop has moved their production to China? Do you think that has any truth to it. I know Trelise Cooper and Macpac def have. Must do some research

66749.jpg

^^ Yeah good on them, I guess. Prices are quite steep still. Top draw Denim all the same. I went into a store last week, they had some crazy creased up selvage Jeans