colette x gap ?!?!

recycol

Colette might seem a bit less 1998 when it re-opens after the current refurb, but teaming up with Gap won't exactly help.

I love the idea of Colette but every time I go it is so full of tourists you can hardly move, and it seems more like a design museum than a store, especially since the staff are basically there to tell you not to touch rather than to help you buy things.

I think it's more amazing in France where they don't have much 'concept' retail (read big windows and minimalist interiors which are totally normal in less traditonal parts of the world) so it still seems quite edgy there.

it has re-opened more than one month ago, and it's waaaaay worse than the older one. It's even more packed by hipster tourists, and the store openly focuses on streetwear now, which kills the "cachet" of the store (the perfume corner has been moved upstairs, only to be replaced by a Bape corner).

The main architectural change is a giant glass cube that looks cool, but not the Baby Milo t-shirts inside.

i'm just curious, why is everyone talking about the colettexgap collaboration like it DIDNT START HAPPENING BACK DURING NY FASHION WEEK AND WASNT CLOSING TODAY?

cuz everyone was trying to ignore it until recycol thought it was cool to talk about it