usa :: miami :: general

dsquared

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give it another shot. drugs might help too.

oh i was blazed. which made it worst... i was so completely restless i couldn't sit still.

good ending though...oh look. the black dude just wasn't there and shows up.

clap...clap...clap

the gay cop wasnt even funny! oh a pink bandanna. thats funny?

The movie was pretty stupid, I'd admit. But the series/show, I find to be actually quite funny. Some of the jokes are really offbeat/hit or miss, but overall it's definitely better than average when compared to some of the shit shows on tv nowadays. And to be honest, I thought the show was crap initially, until I watch several episodes and it grew on me.

Kerri Kenney's character can be annoying and wildly off-beat, but that's the intention. Like so fucking annoying/naive/out there that the shit she does or says in a twisted way becomes funny.

• 2 months later...

baselmiami.jpg

I am going to Miami on tuesday for ARTbasel, I will be there until the 11th. I will be shooting press at most of the fairs. I wanted to know if there is anything I should check out in southbeach. I have never been to florida before, so i have no idea what to expect. Boutiques, parties/clubs (fucking love me some electrica, ala ed banger), sites, places to walk, etc? I will be staying near 14th and collins, about a half mile from the convention center.

Anyone else here going to be at the fair? I would love to meet up and talk jeans, go shop, get some gelato, get away from the insanity of the fairs for a while, no homo...

if your interested in what I will be shooting, see blog in profile.

thanks!

sounds good. do you plan at looking at art or just kicking it in south beach (like you could get away from the art...)? we should hook up if your going to be wandering the fiars and shit, or at least get a meal in SB, I will be there a week and I think I might loose my mind after a while.

Word, but I'm not gonna blow you or anything.

The only thing I have planned is Thursday so far. I want to shop and go to the beach. I work for Paper Magazine and there are gonna be a bunch of Paper events happening there, so I need to stop by those too.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

my favorite places to eat in miami-

NOBU - off collins around 20th st?, across from the setai

just like the other nobus, some of the best food in the world, my favorite restraunt on earth.

JOE'S STONE CRABS- at the bottom of south beach, down by alton road and washington i think (if you don't go here, you're missing out)

stone crabs, do it

PRIME 112- on ocean drive by 1st street

steak house, fish, ect... great place

most places up and down ocean drive are decent to eat at, they kinda hustle you come in and it gets annoying

also go to dolce vita, its an awesome ice cream/gelato place.. the one i always go to is on south pointe drive, at the bottom of south beach across from joe's stone crabs.

• 4 months later...

I have a 6 hour layover in Miami next week..

From the little research i did it looks like MIA is extremely close to inner city Miami..

I have about five hours to kill, what would be the things i should do while in MIami for such a short time?

I'll be there mid-day on a Friday so i'm assuming everything will be open...

No beaches.. I'm actually going to be ON my way to Turks & Caicos...

So maybe restaurants or something else i should hit up?

Little Havana sounds really cool though, might have to just spend my day there..

• 4 weeks later...

I'm heading to Miami this weekend to visit relatives and hoped to do some shopping there but I'm worried that just cruising around to find places is only going to render typical bullshit Miami fashion.

Any recommendations on decent stores to hit up in the area?

• 1 year later...

there really arent many but....

Base

939 Lincoln Road

Miami Beach, FL 33139

-rag, cdg, opening ceremony, ndg etc.

Barnerys Co-op

832 Collins Ave

Miami Beach, FL 33139

-traditional barneys fair, ive found some good deals

here in the past though

its all i can remember off the top of my head for now but theres a few more

• 2 weeks later...

aside from Base and Co-op, theres not much. enjoy the sun, laught at guidos and doodoo coloured shirtless elderly people with gold chains.

Lincoln Road around base is ok to walk around, theres a bunch of cafes (van dyke is nice) and bookstores etc.

OHWOW is a mixed bag gallery with all sorts of hipsterish exhibitions.

cant think of much else right now.