usa :: miami :: general

dsquared

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just there over new years, and had sooo much fun....its a total party city.

The place to see and be seen is The Shore Club (another Schrager hotel) on Collins Avenue....the scene by the pool is totally OTT but basically impossible to get to unless u r a guest (I spotted Vin Diesel, Adrian Brody, Norah Jones & Jessica Alba in the space of a couple of hours)....check out the Sky Bar inside the hotel though, and also the always fabulous Nobu and Nobu Lounge....

the Delano Hotel on Collins is also pretty cool but not so much the flavour of the month as Shore Club...

the best clubs I went to were Mint (also on Collins), Prive, Nikki Beach (on Ocean Drive) and crubar, which has a night called back door bambi on Mondays...if u r into something a little more chilled, theres a place called Lounge 17 (i think) on 17th street where all the locals go...

the famous News Cafe on Ocean Drive (where Gianni Versace was shot) is always good for a bite to eat and some ppl watching....otherwise, there r millions of cafes and restaurants on Lincoln mall, and also lots of shops...

cute vintage store on Washington near the corner of Lincoln, good sneakers etc, but I cant remember the name!!

and if u r into designer stuff, u should definitely check out the mall at Bal Harbour, which has everything from Gucci to Valentino to Versace, plus Saks 5th Ave and another big department store (maybe Nordstroms?)

Hope that helps! Have fun!!

I agree about the shore club. Really nice rooms. The ritz carlton is finished and is up near the delano on collins. don't miss the nightclub called "rain" and also the legendary "nikki beach" party on sunday nights. they have small teepee's right on the beach, just right for 2 people to snuggle up. miami is a fun city, just stay away from the drugs.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello friends

I'm going to Miami with my Cuban mami this week....

She knows whatsup with lots of things but if yall know any secret boutiques or must dos it would be great.

Also:

Anyone know if there is any cool music popping off this weekend there that would be ill too... I'm into most shit thats not fucking TRANCE.

Foxxxxxxxxxx

I ain't terrified from nothing, I'm young wild crazy and disgusting. - Lil Weezy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello ichiro, i lived in miami for 8 years before moving to Tokyo..so belive me when i say the shore club is by far the better option..its the `new and improved` delano..they are both from the ian shroeger hotel group, and the delano was definatley the spot a few years back, but the shore club is now definatley the way to go..its much nicer, the pool is nicer, the decor, and its much newer, also the famous NOBU restaurant is located in the shore club. You re probably going for the music conference, so book as early as possible...have fun!

Both are nice but you cant beat the Shore Club during the WMC...and you won't have to deal with any door/entry drama to any of the parties there b/c you're a guest...The Raleigh is also a nice spot.

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?†- Aesop Rock

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm going to Miami for 4 days in October and wanted to know some of the best shops and things to do.

For an idea of what sort of things i'm into. I love photography, I love Kidrobot and Vinyl Toys, I'm a sneakerhead wannabe, love miniml design, and into Bboying and love hip hop sceney things.

I've checked on superfuture.com and found Baseworld and the Adidas Classics Shop. Are there any others i'll enjoy? And what are some of the top spots?

Thanks.

hi,

thought i could help a bit.

there's a great resource on the

miami new times website which is their annual best of list.

http://miaminewtimes.com/bestof/index.html

there are lots of galleries in the design district, if art is an interest.

www.designmiami.com

a supercheesy but sometimes good little browse is ego miami

www.egomiami.com

for bar and club information:

http://www.cooljunkie.com/miami/

good luck!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wynwood is doing well and is considered an artistic neighborhood, but it is outside of miami beach, and in dowtown Miami. It is still a bit edgy and rough. The Collins Park/Museum District in MB is the most artistic and is attracting a newer, more sophisticated crowd of residents, with the opening of the Setai ($1000/night). The stores are a bit struggling and carry a bunch of club wear. There are a few good stores that are hidden away, but sorry---I do not know the names----just pass them when driving by

I was born and raised in Miami, so I can say South Beach can be very cheese ball. Some of the nicer spots are swanky, like the ShoreClub. Then you have a million touristy places not even P Diddy visits and then you have real ghetto places like Mansion, were you'll here reggaeton and see lots of short shorts, muscles with tribal arm tattoos. If you are looking for a fresh art scene it is not in Miami Beach, but you should got to the Base museum. Try the design district its only 5 from the beach but it’s the hot spot right now, lots of art galleries, design stores and at night it has the best clubs in town. For instance The Pan Shop, is now getting a little played, but sneaker pimp just did there show there.

"Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats."

• 1 month later...

A few years back I went to a resteraunt called TANTRA.

It's insane. Sod grass for the floor,Soft core on TVs,Hooka pipes w/flavored tobacco for

desert.Every dish is supposed to be some sort of aphrodisiac.

It doesn't come cheap though. oh yeah hot chicks everwhere.

somewhere in S.Beach. The food was good.

This might be the same Tantra I went to early this Spring. I went there past midnight, so I don't know if it's a restaurant by day. But it's definitely a nice local spot, mixed crowd and cheaper drinks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

found this thread as i happen to be in miami beach over the w-end to do the usual chores; sky bar, blue door, barton g etc.

there's an excellent guide i picked up called "hg2 (hedonists guide to) miami" which came out just a couple of weeks ago: very up-to-date on bars, restaurants + clubs ("the locals moved on from delano WEEKS ago", "the nikki club is very last year" etc) but crap shopping wise - then again, shopping here really sucks.

• 2 months later...