supertalk6
Sign in to follow this  
inaya

Rick Owens S/S 09 Paris

There is such a total BDSM undercurrent to being a nun. Black clothing, strict enforcement of rules, spankings, ritualistic penance. It's basically an SF gay club on religious steroids.

BTW, I also enjoy this collection. Nice to see Rick take a more direct approach to sexiness, too.

There is such a total BDSM undercurrent to being a nun. Black clothing, strict enforcement of rules, spankings, ritualistic penance. It's basically an SF gay club on religious steroids.

BTW, I also enjoy this collection. Nice to see Rick take a more direct approach to sexiness, too.

yea, totally. there was a sexy nun photo shoot in a recent fashion mag that reminds me of this as well, also very hot.

I sometimes hear these bad stories of old ladies who had to go to catholic school saying the nuns where horrible and mean, but there is something really sexy about the idea of a depraved nun.:o

Individually, I like the pieces, but am I the only who finds the looks somewhat repetitive as a whole?

Agreed.

I really don't like the models, either..

But the post-modern nun concept is pretty interesting.

rick owens has always challenged conventional concepts of what is 'sexy'... so why would you expect an overtly 'sexy' show? it's not repetitive imo... there is a lot of diversity in there. maybe the color palette is not very broad... but again, it's RO...

she's not a nun dammit.

she's a frigid ass bitch who just murdered her husband in cold blood because she needed a reason to cop more black clothes.

but under all of the darkness...her nipples taste like strawberries.

she's not a nun dammit.

she's a frigid ass bitch who just murdered her husband in cold blood because she needed a reason to cop more black clothes.

but under all of the darkness...her nipples taste like strawberries.

what he said.

sexy nuns/widows.

this is soooo great, the cornettes, the covered shoes, those trapeze-like silhouettes, the shades of grey. impressive

I think it can look a bit repetitive when scrolling down, but the more you look at it the more diverse it seems. and there are definately some really nice pieces, especially some of the coats. nice colours as always.

when i look at the headdress, half of them remind me of an ancient egyptian look (hair style and head pieces) and the others remind me of nuns. confusing.

7.jpg

Still feel that the whole collection is repetitive, but this look is badass. That skirt/skort/shorts in particular. Would kop for concubine.

03.jpg

This open back dress is also great.

With what RO has been providing in the last few years, I have been waiting for a neo-Semitic headgear to pop up in his runways and I finally got what I wanted. Fuck yeah. I'm eating it up.

Btw, has anyone headed out to Tribeca to check out the boutique?

And honestly, my friend, I would describe it as post-modern. The geometry and simplicity is there. The monochromatic scheme is as well. ];

terrible and overwrought.

nuns? ooooh how subversive and cheeky.

Karli Kloss does look good in RO though.

so true, she is perfect for RO.