Rick Owens S/S 09 Paris

inaya

There is such a total BDSM undercurrent to being a nun. Black clothing, strict enforcement of rules, spankings, ritualistic penance. It's basically an SF gay club on religious steroids.

BTW, I also enjoy this collection. Nice to see Rick take a more direct approach to sexiness, too.

There is such a total BDSM undercurrent to being a nun. Black clothing, strict enforcement of rules, spankings, ritualistic penance. It's basically an SF gay club on religious steroids.

BTW, I also enjoy this collection. Nice to see Rick take a more direct approach to sexiness, too.

yea, totally. there was a sexy nun photo shoot in a recent fashion mag that reminds me of this as well, also very hot.

I sometimes hear these bad stories of old ladies who had to go to catholic school saying the nuns where horrible and mean, but there is something really sexy about the idea of a depraved nun.:o

rick owens has always challenged conventional concepts of what is 'sexy'... so why would you expect an overtly 'sexy' show? it's not repetitive imo... there is a lot of diversity in there. maybe the color palette is not very broad... but again, it's RO...

With what RO has been providing in the last few years, I have been waiting for a neo-Semitic headgear to pop up in his runways and I finally got what I wanted. Fuck yeah. I'm eating it up.

Btw, has anyone headed out to Tribeca to check out the boutique?

And honestly, my friend, I would describe it as post-modern. The geometry and simplicity is there. The monochromatic scheme is as well. ];