Maryland/DC shopping

Francis Xavier

If you're looking for thrift stores, you can check out L&N. It's like 14 blocks south of the Columbia Heights metro stop, so when I went down I grabbed Five Guys (amazing) and then it was a nice ~30 minute walk. It's also near Palace 5ive, which is a skate store that I didn't see listed here. They have The Hundreds and Super shades and such.

• 2 months later...
So I doubt that there are any "upscale" boutiques that sell more contemporary or progressive menswear anywhere in the maryland/dc area? Do Circle Boutique and Redeem fit the mold?

just like everybody has said, for the greater good is really the ONLY thing we have. getting a top tier sugarcane/buzz rickson account, and visvim within the next few months. no goth ninja steez around these parts.

i live in pikesville where nothing exists. unless i want to look like a bedazzle at Couture Moda. Even though I work downtown, it is hard to find many actual shops. I always wanted to go in Chaos though but they sell urban streetwear I believe.

i live in pikesville where nothing exists. unless i want to look like a bedazzle at Couture Moda. Even though I work downtown, it is hard to find many actual shops. I always wanted to go in Chaos though but they sell urban streetwear I believe.

One of my best friends lives in pikesville. You're right. There isn't shit there. I had some pretty good Lax at Suburban House, though.

I'm from Parkville and we're in the same situation. As far as "Baltimore" menswear and apparel goes, there's really nothing. Streetwear is lame so no thanks there.

Nothing would survive. There's not a market for it here. We still have good tailors here and there I bet, like Victor Pascale and stuff. He makes custom shirts starting at 80 bucks and apparently they're top-notch. There's Gian Marco on Charles street for all your gawdy italian menswear needs. If you're in our situation it seems like it really comes down to a trip to dc/virginia. We should all slap together a quick regional shopping guide or something just to have something to work with.

FYI:

A fellow just came into my work, and dropped off a flyer for a new shop called Cult at 817 N. Charles street. Supposed to be pretty good.

i checked it out. lots of vintage, kusbi, and evisu like he said. neat little shop, really small because of where it is though. my first being that high up north charles walking around (walked from work). didn't pick up anything though cause i was on my lunch break and had to be back at the store.

• 1 month later...
Has anybody ever been to farinellis?

What's it like?

Its pretty alright, I went to the opening party a few months ago. Everyone seemed pretty chill (and drunk) but besides that the denim side of things wasn't all too bad, the employees knew what they were talking about. A lot of nudies. They also have the self edge sugar canes which everyone seemed pretty nuts over them since its an east coast store. Cute and little, pretty much a boutique.

Its pretty alright, I went to the opening party a few months ago. Everyone seemed pretty chill (and drunk) but besides that the denim side of things wasn't all too bad, the employees knew what they were talking about. A lot of nudies. They also have the self edge sugar canes which everyone seemed pretty nuts over them since its an east coast store. Cute and little, pretty much a boutique.

Sounds pretty decent. How about non-denim menswear? Shirts and trousers? Shoes? Anything classy?

PS- How's the shopping in the immediate area? Anything else worth checking out?

Sounds pretty decent. How about non-denim menswear? Shirts and trousers? Shoes? Anything classy?

PS- How's the shopping in the immediate area? Anything else worth checking out?

Oh yeah, from what I remember most of it was classy, minus the denim and buz rickson sweatshirts. It was very packed so I didn't get to look too much or even get a feel for what other brands they had, but I don't think they had trousers. ill probably be stopping by there again this week and can give you more details. Also, I don't think I should say this but if you do stop by mention you're a superfuture member. Coughdiscountcough.

And arlington isn't the best for shopping, I'm not too sure what you're looking for but georgetown and tysons corner gets boring after a few visits but its rather close to both. But personally I haven't found much worth checking out walking distance from farinellis.

• 2 years later...