Supreme Book...translation?

rhythmandsound

What is Bape, Evisu, whole japanese aesthetic in Western Countries? Imagine how much manga/anime inspired cartoons have made in the West (not sure what they are all called but think as far back as transformers to things today like dragonball Z/pokemon/spirited away)?

Not to mention the whole hello kitty craze!

Also, same can be said about Euro labels all over the world. Italian labels especially.

I hope that itch isn't what i think it is...

... could someone take a photo of me like this

that's cause it's a japanese publication on an american company. nobody in north america cares to make a one-off mag on supreme. hell, nobody here makes a decent sneaker or gear publication as well. the japanese have it down pat... rush, get on!, sneakerjack, milk (hk)...

Theres more Supreme stores in Japan than the US. Or at least there was - Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka. Not sure if Fukuoka is still operational tho.

EDIT: yeah Fukuoka is still there. I can read about half of the interview with Kim Gordon - she says how she used to wear APC in the `90s and talks about her connection to X-Girl (Japan) and X-Large. Kim Gordon has been hooked up with the Japanese motherfuckers since before the Beastie Boys.

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Nov 9, 2005 at 03:46 AM

http://new.x-girlstore.com/

I have a FACE mag somewhere that has a familytree/hook up chart with X-Girl, Kim G, XL, Beasties, Sophia Coppola, Spike Jonze etc. Will try and find it

http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

Quote:

But looking back up the thread y'all will know that cos Milspex told you about four hours ago.

Sorry Milspex.

* backs off slowly, with hands raised in full view *

--- Original message by sybaritical on Nov 9, 2005 04:18 PM

icon_smile_big.gif

dont make any sudden posts...

nah but seriously Im hazy on Kims connection to X-Girl or if X-Girl is even still going in Japan. I know they used to sell X-Girl next to X-Large in the X-Large stores in Japan. Sybaritical - if you got some more info, please share.

EDIT:

oh sorry someone posted a link to X-girl store. I guess it is still around.

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Nov 9, 2005 at 07:04 PM

not exactly on topic, not at all. Anyway, could some one fill me in on the story behind the owner/s of Supreme. I remember reading somewhere that the head cat was raised in England to American parents...when did Supreme officially begin? what are the ties (if any) between the owner's of Supreme/Stussy/Clientele....etc.

mille grazie

Now I know I wasn't just making it up, X-Girl was/is obviously the womens line of X- Large. Think X-large only cropped tops and tighter jeans, from what I recall. Japanese girlfriend of the time was well into it. Think the flagship store used to be in Harajuku somewhere.

Quote: I have a FACE mag somewhere that has a familytree/hook up chart with X-Girl, Kim G, XL, Beasties, Sophia Coppola, Spike Jonze etc. Will try and find it

Not surprised to see them all heaped together - probably telling you all what you already know, but before she started directing movies Sophia Coppola started Milkfed, which was pretty much in the same vein as X-girl ( targeted at the same market, harder to get hold of and naturally really big in Japan) Spike Jonze's first memorable work was directing Sonic Youths 100% video, and then of course later on amongst other things the Beasties Sabotage promo.

What I want to know now is is Milkfed still around? And while we're on about Kim Gordon, what did people make of "Last days" ?

i want a print of that shawn mortensen portrait of chloe sevigny in the supreme tee and fully camel toeing. photo is awesome, i want it on my wall! i even saw skateboard p's girl "vashtie" in the section towards the end of the book where they ask these super cool new york people their fav spots.

if anybody in Toronto want a copy, i got one from Nomad. i dont understand most of it but the visuals are pretty well worth it.