General TV show discussion

mrip

so you're saying not to start this series because i just downloaded all the episodes out so far

the river does indeed look terrible.. and as i said before, the reviews are all bad. i can't say i'll never watch it because i've watched a ton of terrible shows.

i started watching revenge several days ago and am pretty deep into it at this point.

my consensus... daniel grayson is fucking terrible. he seems like he'd be that guy pounding miller lites at a buffalo wild wings.

it is my guiltiest of guilty pleasures. last weeks episode was awesome. fucking hiroki looking dude that was in lost... such a badass.

so is southland any good

does it have a season long arc

1) Yes.

2) Not in the same way as The Wire or The Shield. S2 had some slight continuity case wise, but it's not quite the same as the other shows mentioned in terms of focusing on one case/criminal. Def. a more show-to-show series.

Southland is like The Shield without the Strike Team stuff basically. Pretty much every ep is a detective's case and then whatever all the beat cops run into that day.

Thinking back, I really liked the detective shit with Dutch on The Shield.

I finished The Shield last week after I got the whole box for christmas. It's amazing how the show actually kept improving with time. Season three was a little weaker than the rest in my opinion, but four to seven were insane. You could just feel how they were digging their own grave and at the same time I was never afraid that the writers would back down from the path they created for their characters. I already liked Walton Goggins on Justified before seeing him as Shane, but now I see him in a different light. Still feel like crying when I think about the shield's last episode.

Posted · Hidden by evisu 2000, February 27, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by evisu 2000, February 27, 2012 - No reason given

thanks bros

gonna pass on southland for now... i didn't like the first season of the shield (other than the pilot) primarily because there wasn't really a season long arc. i mean it's gotta develop the characters and shit etc etc but whatever the shield is a dope show anyway. although i didn't like the glen close season either really.