General TV show discussion

mrip

i have a bunch of shows to dig into leading up to the new season (americans fuck yee)

but in the mean time, anyone watch the luther 2-parter? i liked it, it was typical luther-ness but the ending was so lame. is that woman going to be the villain in the film? 

+

also, there's a drama based on agatha christie's 'and then there were none' on currently in the uk for xmas tv, it's really good so far. been craving a good whodunnit. good cast.

++

xmas special of the detectorists was really good, saved the black mirror one from last year w/ jon hamm, gonna watch that later on.

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

• 2 weeks later...

If you try to describe something and the only thing that comes to mind is a TV show reference, then your mind is void of truths. Sumerian culture left records of celestial occurrence our minds were only able to fathom in the past 200 years. They knew something that was real. Our history has been stolen from us and replaced with people acting like people who aren't even special enough to be themselves, enriching your mortal experience with nothing but a crack hit to your senses. I'm surrounded by uninteresting media babies. My friends Dad directed a major TV show with over 300 episodes, his Dad didn't let him watch TV. 

The faux reality created by media overlords occupies your mind state and maintains a status quo that keeps them up there and you working hard to buy what they are selling you. Turn off the screen, talk to your neighbor. Create real moments. 

^lol

also, there's a drama based on agatha christie's 'and then there were none' on currently in the uk for xmas tv, it's really good so far. been craving a good whodunnit. good cast.

Wholeheartedly agree with this, first episode was pretty great and as you said a good cast

Also finally watched Over the Garden Wall and it was absolutely fantastic
960.jpg

Only 10 episodes at 11-12 minutes each, if you have 2 hours free some day I seriously doubt there are many better things you can do than watch it through (animation, voice-acting, soundtrack, characters and ofcourse the story, it's all excellent)

heh, pretty much everyone outside of this thread won't shut up about it tho. news articles like crazy too, almost as if they missed the actual story the first time around and are trying to make up for it

​

​

​dunno if i'll ever get around to watching it. 10 episodes seems like a bit much. never watched The Jinx at all and that was only six...

How´s Man in the High castle? The cinematics/viduals of those kind isnt really my thing but might give it a try

i thought it was pretty good. the alternative story line was very interesting, it caught my girlfriend's attention so we binge watched the whole thing in one day. i never read the book so i can't really say much about it though. 

​

^

​interesting, might be worth checking out

​

​looks like there's quite a bit of promising things coming down the pipeline. just glancing at this list i'll probably be checking out Billions, Animals, Ride, The Path, Vinyl, 11/22/63, Preacher...

​

​http://www.mensjournal.com/adventure/collection/the-most-anticipated-new-tv-shows-of-2016-from-billions-to-ride-with-norman-reedus-20160113?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=011416_11&utm_medium=email

• 2 weeks later...

Billions is alright, not great. too bad that Malin Akerman can't act her way out of a wet paper bag. will continue watching for now

​

​Workaholics delivering another solid season so far. Never gave Idiot Sitter more than one episode, wasn't really feeling it. is Broad City still a thing?

​

​still watching Colbert on the regular, mostly as a good show to click on after work and wind down a bit with. the relationship with the band is kinda cringe-worthy, but the jokes and guests keep me coming back

Some great recommendations here guys thanks.

London Spy was excellent.

Lining up River.

Watching Billions too, has potential, and with The Big Short (movie) it fits nicely into high finance shenanigans theme.

The Expanse is weak in acting and a bit unfocused, but please more of those realistic space battles and I am a happy camper.

Edited by badlydrawn

three episodes into Amazon's Mad Dogs... didn't realize it was a remake until i was browsing IMDB. pretty wild ride so far

​

​

​Animals. is pretty lackluster animation, but the voice talent will keep me watching. lots of guys from The League, and Nathan Fielder really stood out so far

​

​

https://youtu.be/JjpSvYau_lY

​

​

​

​dupe video, double post... my bad

​

​

​

​

​

​most of the way through Mad Dogs... kinda wanting it to hurry the F up and just end it already. kinda intrigued to watch the original 2011 version more than anything actually

Edited by jayrock

kinda intrigued to watch the original 2011 version more than anything actually

Where would you find the time? There's too many good new shows. I just caught up on The Family Law (what Eddie Huang wishes Fresh Off the Boat would be)

Edited by SuE