General TV show discussion

mrip

Should I watch? I be in asia so I can just eat snails and not do tv series but the setup seems good and I love BBC series.

yes.  3 eps in.  a small glimpse into london's gay underground.

2 ghey dudes vs. several intelligence agencies.  ambiance, dialogue and soundtrack excellent.

OR start "last panthers" series.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Somehow, even though it's done by Syfy and the trailer looked so so, the first episode of the Expanse is like, really fucking good

k7qjcMM.jpg

I'm so happy

Edit: To clarify, The Expanse is the name of the series the book Leviathan Wakes is the first part of. 
If you like space/sci-fi/crime novels you will like this

Edited by kindofyoung

Leftovers isn't bad but it's not that good either.  It doesn't even make sense... where the fuck is the show going?

Pretending it's better than Fargo is a joke.

second season is practically a new show, it's the best thing on. no pretending matey.

what doesn't make sense? we only know as much as the characters, the whole point is watching the people deal with what's happening, that's why it's good.

yes.  3 eps in.  a small glimpse into london's gay underground.

2 ghey dudes vs. several intelligence agencies.  ambiance, dialogue and soundtrack excellent.

OR start "last panthers" series.

Will watch and maybe also last panthers, good topic.

edit: saw London spy 1-3, mood+soundtrack=v.nice. Also finished River recently, would also recommand cause Skarsgard.

Edited by Fuuma

​

​

^

​looking foward to it!  

​

​

​

first 2 episode of the leftovers s02... wow, i'm hooked. can't wait to finish this one out, really loving this show

​

​

​TWD is absolute dogshit in comparison. you really have to dumb yourself down to even make it through a single episode. i'll hold out to see the negan stuff for a bit, then hopefully wise up and stop watching again

^you're in for a treat. the acting is top class and.. well you'll see.

+

the worst thing about twd is that the writers seem to forget stuff that's already happened. it's only 6 seasons in but it feels longer due teh pace, and then it frustrates further because there's always a couple of amazing eps per season along with absolute wank ones. it's so inconsistent, (the 16 episode order should prob be lowered and get rid of mid-season hiatus)

if they mess up the saviors arc, i'm probably done. been waiting for this.

++

*also, there's an aussie sitcom called please like me. i think several of you would like it, it's good.

(this trailer is cack but it'll do)

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

the worst thing about twd is that the writers seem to forget stuff that's already happened. it's only 6 seasons in but it feels longer due teh pace, and then it frustrates further because there's always a couple of amazing eps per season along with absolute wank ones. it's so inconsistent, (the 16 episode order should prob be lowered and get rid of mid-season hiatus)

if they mess up the saviors arc, i'm probably done. been waiting for this.

i was so optimistic coming into this season, and really enjoyed the episodes where they'd kinda veer away from the group and focus solely on one single character's predicament and get a little creative with the story telling ala time jumps. unfortunately it all devolves back into the group making stupid decisions, almost trying to get themselves killed. i realize it's a fictional zombie story but goddamn it's not even the least bit realistic with all the ninja zombies killing everyone, and even simple stuff like gasoline going bad (last man on earth covered that tho lol). why don't they always travel with the guts on them, etc etc. writers very much conveniently forgetting what's already happened. and the acting... lol

fargo on fire tonight

awesome stuff! next two episodes should be great

Edited by jayrock

Please like me looks fun

If people have more recommendations for series similar to that, master of none and you're the worst (basically real life-ish awkwardness and fun) I'll gladly take them

Also, One-Punch Man is seriously so good, even if you don't watch or like animes you have to give this a shot (I have so far convinced my mom and two other friends who have never watched anime before and they all watched all episodes in like 2-3 days)

I can't wait for The Leftovers finale-- this season has been some of the best episodes of TV ever made. I forgive Damon Lindelof for his past sins. 

I also started watching Jessica Jones and I dig it so far. I really didn't like Daredevil, even though every single person I've talked to had a boner for it. I love superhero shit, I love Drew Goddard, I love MA adaptations-- but I seriously couldn't get into it. 

on the subject of dd, anyone else think it was really similar to batman begins? 

the colours, themes--some scenes seemed to be copies (docks)--the costume is a red batsuit from nolan films. i couldn't' for the life of me find anyone who thought simlarly and this thread moved on back then and i sort of forgot about it...

+

third season of the bridge (swe/den version) is pretty good so far

on the subject of dd, anyone else think it was really similar to batman begins? 

the colours, themes--some scenes seemed to be copies (docks)--the costume is a red batsuit from nolan films. i couldn't' for the life of me find anyone who thought simlarly and this thread moved on back then and i sort of forgot about it...

+

third season of the bridge (swe/den version) is pretty good so far

There's a third season? I didn't like the second one as much as the first, hope they fixed the sloppy writing of the Danish character. He was great in season1.

*s02 spoiler*

as per ending of the second series, he's not really in the new one so far that i've seen--barring a few lines of exposition.

Yeah cause Kim Bodnia (of the great "In china they eat dogs") thought season 2 sucked for his character. Will still watch when I have time, finished River and Hinterland so nothing new to watch except finish London spy.

I also started watching Jessica Jones and I dig it so far. I really didn't like Daredevil, even though every single person I've talked to had a boner for it. I love superhero shit, I love Drew Goddard, I love MA adaptations-- but I seriously couldn't get into it. 

just finished the first episode of JJ, pretty solid. a marvel story for sure, but seemingly more realistic and not as cartoon-y as daredevil was. can certainly understand the high reviews for it anyway