mrip

General TV show discussion

http://attheknick.tumblr.com/

so this is the future of television on the internet.

official tumblr pages with tons of goodies to digest.

ready-made gifs for immediate widespread use, how-they-did-it breakdowns.

cool, cool, cool.  now I can appreciate the tumblr pickup by yahoo.  

about 8 mins into gotham pilot. not feeling it at all.  shit is korny. 

16:05 and i still dont like it.

There was no way Gotham was not going to be really corny and have awful dialogue. Will probably do pretty well though

Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn confirmed to star in True Detective Season 2 and Justin Lin is set to direct the first two episodes.

The Knick is so hardcore, really great episode this week. Except the ending was a little WTF, par for the course I guess

The (even more) old-timey flashbacks to Nucky's youth are really killing Boardwalk Empire. Okay, it's the last season and they want to be all nostalgic and retrospective, but it really doesn't help to get any story-arch going. 

yeah, i gave up on boardwalk after the first episode of this season.  just didn't seem worth it.  it's turned into a boring self-masturbatory time piece.

on the other side of the ending strongly spectrum, ray donovan has really hit a crescendo as it seems to be wrapping up.  highly recommended.

^ I got like 3-4 eps into last season of boardwalk and gave up... shit was impossible to watch.

gotham is definitely corny but the cast is decent.  I always love rawls from the wire.

Few episodes behind on Masters of Sex right now, hopefully be able to catch up this week

Looking forward to the Strain s01 finale, have been pleasantly surprised with that show even if it is a bit of a cornball

Looks like I really need to get on that Ray Donovan tip, have heard nothing but great things

The League is pretty good so far, last week's episode "When Rafi met Randay" was hilarious

Agreed on the Boardwalk flashbacks. Also didn't realize the time line of the final season is about 7 years later than the previous season until like e03. I mean, I know some time had passed but the segway between the two seasons was kinda blurry

Edited by jayrock

I turned gotham off at halfway through the first epp. I feel like i have a short attention span but i think its just a low tolerance for horse-shit.

I would rather watch an old epp of twin peaks or Lost anyday.

Edited by Lukenstein

if anyones thinking about watching scorpion. 

dont. literally the worse show I've ever seen.

what were you expecting

scooter braun is an executive producer on that show

like the knick but feel like the good ideas are gonna end pretty quickly and it becomes a shitty show that gets dragged on for x number of seasons

hope not, it's pretty brilliant so far

s01 of the strain wrapped up pretty nicely, looking forward to s02.\

still need to watch the newest episodes of the league and south park, but s02e01 of brooklyn nine nine wasn't bad

Mulaney sooooo bad

It was really bad. I love his standup though so I'm going to keep watching and hope it gets better.

Homeland, so bummed to see peter russo from house of cards / strain, pop up in this aswell.

Edited by Lukenstein

season 4 look promising so far? on the fence as to whether or not I want to invest my time in it after season 3. 

Im going in with it.........its more about her, living abroad this season.

Edited by Lukenstein

Whoops, there was actually a 13th episode of the strain as the finale. Was pretty dumb. Think I might give the novel / comic books a shot

Really enjoying The Knick, the riot episode was great and Thackery is really coming apart at the seems in the latest episode

Boardwalk Empire flash backs are still annoying

peaky blinders s2 starting off pretty gud