General TV show discussion

mrip

Fuckin A+ Hannibal. Man it feels good to have that show back on TV. The amount of menace Hugh Dancey is portraying and Mads Mikkelsen's terrifying mannerisms that give the viewer even the tiniest glimpse into his head are so creepy. Plus, that sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach that something far darker and deeper was going on the entirety of the first season feels, to me, like its being capitalized on.

The first season's plot was criticized as Hannibal's weaker point, but I would argue the show sometimes intentionally obfuscates particular plot points in return for tremendous pay off. In the meantime, people seemed to be missing out on the show's biggest strength by far: its visual language. It certainly makes an effort to adapt Baudelaire's notion that there is beauty in everything, and to describe your lover as a rotted corpse could be taken as a compliment. Also, the contrast between dreamy/mind-realm visuals and repressed/real memories has some stomach-turning moments...best to be prepared.

Anyway, my two cents. Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, looking forwards to more.

I have it recorded, and I'm about to watch it while I eat my breakfast. Looking forward to it even more after your review. This is one of my more favored shows on regular tv, that and Person of Interest, thought sometimes it can have some cheesy lines with Reese, I still find it humorous and enjoyable. 

I love Hannibal. Season two already looks like it's going to be awesome. I have high hopes for it. 

True Detective is so good that it's sort of ruined most television for me - after one episode it became my favourite show ever. If I could write a script like that my life would be complete. 

Remus's family been  here a long long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur9a8w5Fy6A

Here is the Marie Fontenot sacrifice clip. If you look closely at you can see someone who looks awfully close to the guy in the photo below, 4th one from the left.

Stop it at 1:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMpUgE78tlA&list=UUf35vvWagw6q8SRwuuYoXAA&feature=c4-overview

and look at the 4th guy from the left.

5ncTvfK.jpg

Not saying this is the killer, just something that I noticed.

Edited by MonsieurUntitled

first ep of hannibal was great, but the show moving to friday nights worries me.  yeah, i realize so many people use dvr, etc now but the move def isn't a good thing.

he made some pretty good lookin jap food

also the scene when will be rememberin how hannibal shoved that ear down his throat... u can tell that the writers copied  some jap bukkake or spunk fest vid.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

i wonder if marty'll go to his daughter's art show (at the end?) and all he'll see is a giant mural of a spiral or some shit…

i do think this was the weakest episode—but only because it felt like a hbo exec stepped in and said something like, 'guys we have to make srue everyone understands what's happened up til now'. surrounding that you still had killer lines (if you were drowning i'd throw you a barbell) and interactions. perhaps unfair to judge eps on their own in this format.

everything else like the photography, direction and even acting were dialed down, but again, being the penultimate episode I can perhaps see why.

cannot keep all these cajuns straight

so pissed there's only one episode left and prolly three years until the next season knowing hbo

going by the numbers, i'd say hbo will be putting it on the fast-track. also, this:

@friggenawesome One of the detriments of only having two POV characters, both men (a structural necessity). Next season…

B)

cvRO1FF.png

LRZmsmg.png

ooooohh

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven