General TV show discussion

mrip

Luther is brilliant but it's ridiclous how short the seasons are.

The Fall looks good, I need to check it out.  I also started Top of the Lake but I'm struggling to stay engaged... probably just need to find the time and marathon it.

Edited by Layne

^ so what's the secret to liking mad men?  i tried to start it again and can't make it past episode 4.  this is literally the fifth time i've done the same routine... i can never make it to episode 5.

i mean what is it -- do the characters get better? do they grow on you? i'm trying to force myself watch watch ep5 and like the show.

It's a vastly different show than it was in the first few seasons. Basically all of the pointless, dry storylines are gone and replaced by dramatic (if somewhat soapish) "oh shit" moments. It's also turned into one of the funniest shows on tv. I typically laugh harder at an episode of Mad Men than I did over the entire last season of Community.

Edited by yachtrock89

I enjoyed The Fall but wish it was more than 5 eps.

I couldn't get down with Magic City.  I made it through 3 or 4 eps of season 1 and was bored as fuck.

what???

sumtimes magic city almost fappable

Luther looks great, can't wait for it to come back. I have been watching The Sopranos and The Killing. The latter has dropped off a cliff compared to the first two season...really disheartening. 

Anyone been watching the newest season of Arrested Development? I haven't really been feeling it so far...

Deb has gone off the deep end.  Way too many scenes with Dex talking to Harry's ghost... that shit's awful.  Honestly, I'm hoping for the best with this serial killer expert plotline.  The show has had its ups and downs but i'll be sad to see it go.

+

The Killing is painful right now.  I doubt that show will last much longer.

+

Can we finally have a real discussion about this season of Arrested Development?  I want people's genuine opinions.

^ By the end I liked it.. The first couple episodes were weird and confusing, and I wasn't to sure what was going on. But as it progressed and the story came together, I found myself liking it more. It wasn't great, I probably wouldn't re-watch it, but it was ok. 

Edited by joeyod007

debut ray donovan ep pretty good.

"You a fag? ...Met some stand-up fags in prison. Good guys. Tough Guys. If one of your little friends wants to give you a blowjob, that's fine. A mouth is a mouth. But don't let anyone fuck you in the ass. That's how you get sick."
- Mickey Donovan to his grandson Conor -

Honestly didn't care that much for the new Arrested Development. Last few episodes it felt like it got into a good groove, but for the most part it didn't quite feel the same. The episodes in the last season were a bit longer, so I feel like it maybe lost some of the zip and some jokes made it in to each episode that maybe shouldn't have. 

Recently watched all of Undeclared, which was pretty funny, and now Im watching the Sopranos.

The new Arrested Development wasn't that funny. But maybe I remember it as more funny than it actually was. Funniest episodes was GOB's imo (ep 7 or something).

Luther is on again for those who didn't know!

^ huge thanks for the luther update, i had no idea it was back.

about arrested development -- that shit just felt WAY too forced.  yeah, there were funny parts but mostly it was just not that great.  honestly that's what i expected... it really wasn't any better or worse than i imagined.