General TV show discussion

mrip

20 hours ago, xchen said:

Twin peaks out and no one talking about it? This place is dead

I need to go back and watch the old episodes first, but haven't really had the time for that lately

That said, Fargo and The Leftovers are both pretty enjoyable. Silicon Valley is okay, not sure if they know where they're  going with it however. 

twin peaks the return is excellent.  there is only one david lynch.  it's not for everybody. 

of course american gods has been mentioned already here, right?  so bloody good as well.

Yeah, I get that. You'd expect some similarities but it seemed more to me like he wasn't done with some of the imagery when Hannibal got cancelled and is reusing maybe a bit too much. It's been a while since I saw Hannibal but the bison/stag stuff with the flaming eyes seems really samey. I might be misremembering but I think there was a shot where Hannibal was rendered in a black/oil like substance which was the same as the jinn scene. 

Also didn't Laurence Fishburne get absorbed into that ladies pussy??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Defiant ones was good, was less interested in Iovines other work though. 

Heard some good shit about Ozark today, going to get into it after work.

Game of Thrones playing like some straight up fan fiction at this point. The show has essentially become a caricature of itself and it's fucking boring, nothing ever happens. Oh well

The Strain is really dumb but still watching for some reason

actually downloaded all the NewsRadio episodes and have been watching those as background noise. Show holds up surprisingly well and Phil Hartman is the man

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been able to get into the new Fargo and it feels like I'm really trying to force myself to watch it. Quite disheartening as I enjoyed the first season so much..

Currently waiting for Mr Robot to start again and just watching Suits and GoT here so I can have conversation filler. Might drop both and pick up Ozark though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So altered carbon drops tomorrow in my corporation zone and am super excited .

another one I'm waiting for is " electric dreams "

just finished " black mirror " and am both entertained and sceptical of the future .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 11:53 AM, splash pitman said:

So altered carbon drops tomorrow in my corporation zone and am super excited .

another one I'm waiting for is " electric dreams "

just finished " black mirror " and am both entertained and sceptical of the future .

I just finished the Altered Carbon episodes. Very cool stuff.