General TV show discussion

mrip

Yeah cause Kim Bodnia (of the great "In china they eat dogs") thought season 2 sucked for his character. Will still watch when I have time, finished River and Hinterland so nothing new to watch except finish London spy.

got impatient with bbc's pace and got the rest of the eps, this is easily the best season tbh.

gonna finish river and check out hinterland & last panthers.

+

there was a 3 part, real life look into a murder investigation on channel 4 in the uk last week called The Murder Detectives. really quite interesting for anyone into that sort of thing.

Finish River, really good series. Hinterland has been hinting at some sort of deeper plot for two seasons now, I guess we'll get it for s3.

Will start on The Bridge s3 or Last Panthers, not sure which one first. Also watching London spy, good rec guys.

Bron/Broen season 3, watched 2 eps, really entertaining so far and I love the new Danish counterpart.

It wasn't obvious in eps 1 but I guess his wife is dead and he just sees her, hence the picking up other women and telling her about it.

It wasn't obvious in eps 1 but I guess his wife is dead and he just sees her, hence the picking up other women and telling her about it.

It took so long for me to realize this that I should probably be embarassed. I thought it was his sister or something until like episode 8 or so.

It took so long for me to realize this that I should probably be embarassed. I thought it was his sister or something until like episode 8 or so.

lmao me too, i chose to rep him and not admit it. literally a few frames before the actual reveal i said, 'a ha!' and then shame.

Also, do I have to watch Leftovers S01, or can I just begin at S02 like an asshole?

you can do whatever you like but i wouldn't recommend it tbh. i don't think you'll enjoy the story without knowing what's gone on previously--all about the journey, mayne. on the other hand it is relatively self-contained so you could probably make do with a recap video off youtube, if you don't have the time. only 10 eps though.

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

It is relatively obvious from the first scene together of the second episode, he doesn't pay enough attention to his kids etc.

I'm at eps 8 or 9 (not sure) will finish this wknd. Is London spy also over, saw the first three and very much enjoyed it.

Edited by Fuuma

Fargo does ........

a crystal skull??

yeah not sure how i feel about that. still a great show but that specific scene seemed a bit unnecessary

"Oh, it's just a flying saucer hon. Let's go!"

was just chatting with my coworker about Fargo s02 and then i realized..

that the UFO was in the sky when the younger Gerhart was hit by the car, after the diner massacre. had completely forgotten about that

finally got around to starting The Affair. really enjoying the two different story lines being presented somewhat simultaneously but curious as to how this will keep up throughout the season. maybe it doesn't? dunno, about to find out i guess

very well done, like it a lot. you have the dual background stories along with an ongoing background investigation and they're slowly blending together.  well worth the view if you haven't watched yet, looking forward to starting s02

almost through jessica jones, feeling really repetitive tho. hopefully the finale has some pay off

fargo finale was alright... I feel like the last two episodes were kind of weak in comparison to how goddamn strong the majority of the season was

The whole hanzee tie in to season 1 was pretty unnecessary and quite a stretch tbh and a lot of the character endings felt unsatisfying

Eh, idk. I thought it could've rivaled true detective season 1, but the last 2 episodes let the season down for me 

i absolutely loved it and thought the pay-offs were superb, especially for mike.

The whole hanzee tie in to season 1 was pretty unnecessary and quite a stretch tbh and a lot of the character endings felt unsatisfying

I really don't buy hanzee turning into... that, despite the blunt implication suggesting otherwise.

while rather anti-climatic i did enjoy the finale. but yeah, they could've just kept them somewhat distinct anthologies instead of going for the direct tie-ins. i had actually told someone they could probably watch season 2 before 1 because i was unaware of how close they would be, but i guess it doesn't really ruin anything either way. i feel like s02 would be better appreciated from a full on marathon session as opposed to the real time week by week.

anyway, safe to say i did like it better than the first season, which was also pretty good. hopefully they keep it going

i liked that they stop and give a chance to the characters for some reflection--the car ride, the office, the park, the solverson home. some solid acting and dialogue to put the season in perspective, very satisfying imo.

'I don't know about that, but I know I'm a man with good intentions.'

B)

+

also

so hanzee was dodd and bear's half-brother

the two kids at the end were the hitmen from season 1? 

ted danson invented emojis lol