General TV show discussion

mrip

even though both shows are kinda lame in their own special way, i liked how ray donovan and master of sex wrapped up this season. families falling apart, all around

last man on earth seems like it'll probalby be more of the same, but we'll see. same with brooklyn nine nine.

anybody ever watch the affair and recommend it? season 2 starts up soon and just wondering if it's worth it

Blindspot seems pretty decent, just praying that each episode will be more connected than most other similar series and not turn into a copy of The Blacklist (aka new crime every week, vague connections between it all)

You're the Worst season 2 has started and is just as fantastic as season 1.

Limitless seems aite, might be worth checking if you liked the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Mr robot and WOW , what a pay off who would have guessed who that German guy was and that his wife didn't give the game away !

The Brink is def worth the look in if you are interested in political satire .

i want everyone on fear the walking dead to die, if it comes back

lennie james being a regular on regular ol' walking dead is great

heroes is still hilariously shit, and it's very odd catching up on a universe i almost forgot about

empire is faltering a bit

leftovers still perilously good

paul f. tompkins' cc special was good. on a scale of c- to c+, i give it a c+

fargo's back to make us forget true detective's second season B) b)

I haven't enjoyed an episode of South Park in a while. I feel like it should just end so it doesn't turn into a Simpsons. Trey and Matt can obviously do a lot of other projects that would be more interesting at this point.

Still enjoy Last Man on Earth and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Casual was alright, but felt very generic. Muppets is OK.

fargo premiere was excellent 

really enjoying public morals, so far. wp ed burns. not on the same level as fargo, but a decent historical gangster show

somehow got sucked back in the walking dead and while it does get better after

carol kills that little girl

, it's still mostly just background tv. couple episodes into s05 and it seems like it's just going for the shock and awe factor, but it does have a decent comic book feel to it i guess. not in a huge rush to catch up to the current episodes tho

rick and morty season finale was kinda depressing, but all in all a good season

half and catch fire was renewed for a 3rd season! kinda surprising given the poor viewership, but i think s02 was much better than s01 and look forward to the progression 

Edited by jayrock

^hmmn, tough to say really. normally i wouldn't say anything so you don't anticipate anything or let me colour your opinion, but i can't allow anyone to shape a session of tv-watching around it!

the main issue i can't get over is that what made it appealing was that we'd get to actually see the collapse of civilisation (in LA, no less)--it even appears to be the show's selling point--but they instead focus on some silly family drama.

+

the leftovers is killing ittttt

the walking dead is so goddamn dumb even as a background show that you don't really pay attention to

-walk into completely quiet house

-explore

-get attacked by ninja zombie out of nowhere

-rinse and repeat

Fargo, on the other hand, is freaking amazing. liking season 2 even more than s01 so far

Edited by jayrock

just finished first season of les revenants upon asking for foreign tv show recommendations here. 

reminds me of lost. have no idea what's going on but boy did i enjoy that season. 

was looking forward to season 2 but have heard it falls short. 

Edited by teeo