General TV show discussion

mrip

so...where did all those people go that said GoT's current season is weak?

Another solid episode this week, even if the very end was a bit much. Really interested to see how the finale plays out

Same with Silicon Valley.. The past couple episodes I've been thinking "why doesn't Pied Piper just sell to Hooli?" Which they kinda teased at for the finale. I think pulling Gavin Belson into the main fold could be pretty entertaining

Edited by jayrock

http://www.piedpiper.com

+

veep not letting up neither, another great ep

'J Rock, Jizzy Gillespie, Gaylien, Tinkerballs, Wadzilla, One Erection, The Pointless Giant, The 60 foot virgin, Jonah Ono, Hagrid’s nutsack, scrotum pole, transgenderformers, 12 years a slave to jerking off, Benedict Cuminhisownhands, Guyscraper, The Cloud Botherer, Supercalifragilisticexpialidickcheese, Teenage Mutant Ninja Asshole, and Spewbacca'

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

A few shows that I'm excited for this June.

True Detective Season 2

maxresdefault.jpg

Mr. Robot

maxresdefault.jpg

Ray Donovan Season 3

ray_donovan_57125.jpg

Mr. Robot is on USA, and that alone made me think it would be meh, but the first episode is available on YT, and it's surprisingly good

Here is the full episode......

Mr. Robot Season 1 Episode 1

https://youtu.be/JpxvvnWvffM

Edited by MonsieurUntitled

Should probably rip through Ray Donovan after I wrap up Deadwood...

Anyone watch/recommend Sons of Anarchy? Fairly involved with some fake biker gangs in GTA Online right now so figured this might be right up my alley (Mongols 4 lyfe heh). I know the show is completely done.. Wondering if it's worth the time I guess

I did stop halfway during the second to last season, should I finish SoA? More of the same might bore me to death but not sure, seeing it conclude might be cool. Hell I didn't even finish breaking bad, the inversion of affects between WW and the pollo whatever guy having been perfect.

I personally thought the S04 Finale was Breaking Bad's apex, but id say the rest is worth finishing too

The fact that you even stopped SoA combined with those previous two statements will be enough for me to shy away. 7 seasons is a fucking commitment

Edited by jayrock

I personally thought the S04 Finale was Breaking Bad's apex, but id say the rest is worth finishing too

The fact that you even stopped SoA combined with those previous two statements will be enough for me to shy away. 7 seasons is a fucking commitment

I hardly finish long tv series though. Watched justified 1-3(I think)haven't gone back, watched the Americans 1 plus half of two etc etc. They're not bad tv series. I prefer the British format and max 3 seasons of 1-8 or something. Did finish sopranos, the wire and other classics...

Should probably rip through Ray Donovan after I wrap up Deadwood...

Anyone watch/recommend Sons of Anarchy? Fairly involved with some fake biker gangs in GTA Online right now so figured this might be right up my alley (Mongols 4 lyfe heh). I know the show is completely done.. Wondering if it's worth the time I guess

I'd say the good outweighs the bad. (More than a few "wtf!?!" moments.) That being said, there are some really horrible seasons. Final season is solid, though. 

sons of anarchy started out as a somewhat entertaining, mindless show and was fun (relative to what it is) for a while. unfortunately the show just gets progressively worse at a steady rate throughout the entire series, and at some point it deteriorates into something completely laughable. not worth anyones time, especially the second half of the show

^

i've said this before but it feels like the showrunners have contempt for their viewers.

yeah that ending sucked. i hope everyone fucking dies. melisandre (sp) suddenly arrives juuuuust before it happens, so i'm hoping for another one of those fire god resurrections otherwise just let the whitewalkers skullfuck everyone

*therapy

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

I think it would be great if just before any of the plot threads are finally tied up and anything is resolved the white walkers come and just kill everyone.

Show at his point feels pretty fatigued. Its become less interesting episode to episode and is really all driven on plots that get don't really show any signs of being resolved soon. Hopefully there is some great stuff planned for the next books that ties it all together nicely.

Not feeling the Vince Vaughn casting so much but we'll see how it goes

Both Ballers and The Brink were pretty enjoyable. Ballers feels like a sports Entourage with all the cameos. Either way, some good 30 minute shows to fill the Silicon Valley void

Hannibal is as good as ever, the visual mind fuckery and mental warfare between the characters is something else

The Tyrant is pretty bad

Edit: Oh damn just saw Ian McShane is in S03 of Ray Donovan, will have to hurry up and finish season 02

Edited by jayrock

4 main characters is too much for an 8 episode show

would be better if it was either just Farrell and Vaughn or if Vaughn was sidelined and it focused on Farrell and McAdams

vroom vroom PTSD boy is weak

Edited by HPM

Pretty sure Lin pulled the final take where they all look at each other straight out of a Fast/Furious script - pretty lame.

that shot was hilarious

also a lot of lazy noir tropes

Edited by Denton