General TV show discussion

mrip

if you guys are gonna mention some show that has already been mentioned here or that is already well known can you at least do everyone a favor and try to elaborate as to why it is "fun" or "cool" or "good" or "highly recommended"  or whatever?

thanx

the-man-in-the-high-castle-amazon.jpg

Some of the acting fell flat for me but I'm impressed with the production team's efforts at world building, especially after having gotten to witness them filming the "San Francisco" portion with Alex when we were visiting Trichome this October. They are doing an excellent job of making Seattle's International District feel much larger than it is, the costumes were exceptional both in person and on screen, and I have faith that if they continue to offer multiple narratives it will happily hold my attention.

lcSL5EI.jpg

Two of the Japanese soldiers' green wool uniforms, complete with rising sun patch on left shoulder, various leather pouches, and leather boots.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the hour season 1-2, liked the first season with its cold war thematic but didn't enjoy the noir/cabaret feel of the second one. Anything like first season?

Preferably British because they make shorter series.

Edited by Fuuma

watched the first two episodes of Black Mirror... kinda fucked, but interesting concepts

Also may be unpopular but I think Banshee is kinda going off the rails a bit. Could be the last season and I'd prob be okay with that. Still raw as hell and fairly entertaining tho, I'll give it that

Edited by jayrock

man, it took the best part of 2 years but i finally finished ER and my life feels empty now

don't think there was a single 'bad' episode.

*anyone watching fortitude? wtf is going on bros? elena said she's a different person when she commited the murder--LIKE LIAM! wtf bros

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

15 seasons... that's a commitment

have been ripping through bob's burgers on netflix and it's pretty funny, quality voice talent... dunno why i never watched it before.

the last man on earth (fox) had its moments, will watch a bit more

hopefully the americans doesn't get canned for low ratings... it's def one of the best on right now

Edited by jayrock

should i get started on house of cards season 3 you guys?

enjoyed season 1, thought season 2 was getting more ridiculous as it went on, even compared to the show's already-unrealistic storyline. i love sheer evil and manipulation, so i should watch it right? 

Edited by iamundying

I stopped watching House of Cards like 2 episodes into Season 2. Started getting too ridiculous for me.

Last Man on Earth was good, look forward to watching more of that and seeing how it stays interesting. Bob's Burgers is great and I've been watching Brooklyn nine-nine when I'm cooking or folding clothes or something. Its funny and watchable, but in predictable and easy way.

Watched the first episode of The Man in the High Castle and it was pretty meh. I love Phillip K Dick, but this didn't seem particularly promising even though the plot is really interesting.

Just after some feedback on preferences between a 2006 RS4 and a 2006 BMW M5. Both done around 31000 miles. I took out an RS4 and fucking loved it, it just felt great to drive and it being a manual was fun for me. I haven't had enough time in M5, every time I took it out it's been congested so haven't had the chance to get a real feel for it. I didn't find the M5 as quick, responsive, possibly because I haven't had the chance to open the bitch up.

So guys just after a little feedback. Also considering a super charged Rangie Vogue.

Opinions please fellas 

Cheers 

Edited by Miso Moo