General TV show discussion

mrip

Is Dr. Who worth getting into? 15 minutes into the first episode and shit looked corny as hell. 

I don't watch / know much about Dr. Who but I know if you watched the actual first episode then the show will be completely different from what you expect. The first seasons the show was some educational shit, then after a couple seasons it turned into more of what it is now.

BoJack Horseman is pretty great, right up there with Rick and Morty for animated shows

The Tyrant season finale was pretty lame, but so is the whole show pretty much

Looking forward to this week's Masters of Sex and The Strain. Will prob try to squeeze Houdini in too, it's only like a 2 part miniseries yeah?

The Knick is really coming into its own with this week's episode. Great cinematography and score, interesting period drama, but I'd be lying if I didn't get super queasy from all the medical surgery stuff. Very well done.

I'm also actually really digging The Strain. It has the feel of a comic book adaptation, and I think the story telling so far is pretty well done with all the character arcs intersecting. A bit hokey, but entertaining enough and it doesn't require you to shut your brain COMPLETELY off like many shows in this genre do.

Super pissed off at HBOGO right now, couldn't watch Last Week Tonight or the new Boardwalk Empire last night. Shitty paid service is gonna push me to torrents

Edited by jayrock

bojack horseman is great, the ending theme is catchy as hell. Watched Family Tree with Chris O'Dowd and i really liked it. Shame it was cancelled :(

I thought the opening sequence paired with the music in bojack was one of the best for animated I've seen in a while, the ending music really sticks with u too

does hbogo have a wait between the tv airing and the app?

i think most are available the same time as it airs live, pretty sure i was watching GoT episodes on sunday nights awhile back

chromecast streaming still isn't working, pretty frustrating. i don't wanna watch an entire episode on my damn phone

The Knick is really coming into its own with this week's episode. Great cinematography and score, interesting period drama,

I agree. However, I would like to ask, what is actually up with this whole rat stomping ordeal? Has that really been a thing?

I agree. However, I would like to ask, what is actually up with this whole rat stomping ordeal? Has that really been a thing?

Yeah it was, just like the little kid in a earlier episode poking a dead horse on the street with a stick. This period drama is very much set in a time where basic hygiene / general health info was an afterthought

My question - how is the ambulance guy and the nun"splitting" the abortions? Presumably because they're able to sell off the dead bodies, but to whom? They were burying caskets but it's not like cemeteries are looking for people??

Edited by jayrock

man the knick eps 5 was beautiful.

choice of perspectives, lines packed with so much meaning, just another Tuesday at the Knick, everything is so goddamn beautiful.  quickly becoming one of top 5 tv shows of all time for me.

personally excited for blue-eyed brown-hair's sex scene, hopefully they don't make it too short.  my favorite type a bird.

Yeah it was, just like the little kid in a earlier episode poking a dead horse on the street with a stick. This period drama is very much set in a time where basic hygiene / general health info was an afterthought

My question - how is the ambulance guy and the nun"splitting" the abortions? Presumably because they're able to sell off the dead bodies, but to whom? They were burying caskets but it's not like cemeteries are looking for people??

The hospitals and medical universities bought the bodies to experiment and practice on.  I think it was covered in an another episode they experimented on pig carcasses but it wasnt as good as human corpses.

The Knick is really great. Only 3 episodes in, but I really like it thus far. 

Watched a couple of episodes of Bojack Horseman, but it don't really find it all too funny or really clever. Its kind of entertaining through and it looks really good and the music is catchy. Kind of more of the thing I put on when I need something to watch while I eat a sandwhich

Edited by -CMM-