General TV show discussion

mrip

last ep (was that the 1st season finale?) was wack

definitely felt like a pivotal setup for the finale, no way it can end like that. Pretty sure it's an anthology too so these characters won't be back for a season 2

I thought it was pretty solid (Malvo's hospital scene, Nygaard's office and washing machine scenes, Odenkirk etc)

Edited by jayrock

Started Justified and only a couple episodes in but so far, so good

Also went back and re-watched Louie s01-s03, which was good because turns out I had only seen s01. Really enjoy his cynical sense of humor

Cosmos e13 was solid, is that the finale? Felt like one

Gonna be a bummer in a couple weeks once Game of Thrones and Fargo are finished

Edited by jayrock

I'm watching the americans (s2) and house of cards (s2), nothing insanely good but the americans is pretty strong. HoC is starting to be quite ludicrous and I'm somewhat puzzled at what the whole point is, I thought he wanted some sort of revenge but they don't really underline his goals anymore, at least in eps 1-2.

The Americans can be kinda bland at times, but the season finishes really strongly and sets up what should be a good s03

House of Cards, I have no idea where they're going from here, but ludicrous is a good description. Especially once the season progresses/finishes. One of the more outlandish political dramas in recent memory for sure

Completely spaced watching Game of Thrones last night, d'oh

Edit: still on the fence about Penny Dreadful, but it was renewed for a second season so maybe the story will actually start to pick up soon. Seems slow for the sake of being slow

Edited by jayrock

I'm watching the americans (s2) and house of cards (s2), nothing insanely good but the americans is pretty strong. HoC is starting to be quite ludicrous and I'm somewhat puzzled at what the whole point is, I thought he wanted some sort of revenge but they don't really underline his goals anymore, at least in eps 1-2.

americans bores me.  hoc is funny.

yo frenchie, how come u dont watch braquo?  it like the french shield. 

Gave Braquo a try and ended up watching the whole thing. Doesn't walk the line between serious and over the top as well as The Shield and ends up being pretty hilarious in some places as a result but still very entertaining. s1 and s3 are much better than s2 which doesn't make sense for the most part

Rectify season 2 starts on June 19th, slow burn kinda thing but I liked the first season a lot

Edited by sipang

Gave Braquo a try and ended up watching the whole thing. Doesn't walk the line between serious and over the top as well as The Shield and ends up being pretty hilarious in some places as a result but still very entertaining. s1 and s3 are much better than s2 which doesn't make sense for the most part

Rectify season 2 starts on June 19th, slow burn kinda thing but I liked the first season a lot

is all of season three out yet?  i thought s3's last ep was e3....

americans bores me.  hoc is funny.

yo frenchie, how come u dont watch braquo?  it like the french shield. 

I've saw Braquo 1-2 when the seasons came out, will watch three when I have some time. I even know people who did some work for Canal+ related to that series. It is super kitsch as it is trying to be American but is set in France but there are some really funny moments, Vogel is the best character.

Sipang: the shield version pinard et saucisson.

A writer at cahiers du cinéma once said: Olivier Marchal is a cop who wants to be a filmmaker while Xavier Beauvois is a filmmaker who wants to be a cop. This was when le petit lieutenant came out

Edited by Fuuma

I thought Pigalle la nuit was another ok french series. Les beaux mecs if you're really into that kind of thing. The scene where the old mobster escapes prison and trades his 80s YSL jacket to a ghetto youngster so he can have a tracksuit is hilarious.

I've saw Braquo 1-2 when the seasons came out, will watch three when I have some time. I even know people who did some work for Canal+ related to that series. It is super kitsch as it is trying to be American but is set in France but there are some really funny moments, Vogel is the best character.

A writer at cahiers du cinéma once said: Olivier Marchal is a cop who wants to be a filmmaker while Xavier Beauvois is a filmmaker who wants to be a cop. This was when le petit lieutenant came out

i really wonder who that might be ;)

lol @ the beauvois/marchal chiasma

house of c S2 sucks

you should watch banshee if you haven't already, Pierre and I are fans, I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

I've seen broadchurch last summer, not bad for France3 (it's a perfect match between a whodunit and a postal card).

pigalle la nuit isn't that old, but it was stopped after S1.

Edited by BSR

vogel is dope.  "the swede" fro hell on wheels reminds me of him, but yeah vogel doper.

imo, yeah i think they were trying to be kitsch american, yet somehow ended up being like a semi modern version of italian violent dirty cop output of the late 70s/80s.  just as many new french directors love and love doing giallo for example (i dont remember what the subgenre for american influenced italian  cop or b shows or movies is called).

btw what was roxanne's ma-1 before she started rockin leather jkt?  kaplan get all the bitches yo

i really wonder who that might be ;)

lol @ the beauvois/marchal chiasma

house of c S2 sucks

you should watch banshee if you haven't already, Pierre and I are fans, I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

I've seen broadchurch last summer, not bad for France3 (it's a perfect match between a whodunit and a postal card).

pigalle la nuit isn't that old, but it was stopped after S1.

J'étais certain de te faire réagir, haha!

Banshee: it's in the list, there are just too many series

Broadchurch: yeah, sounds very British

Pigalle: self-contained story IMHO, no need for another season

HoC s2: should I even bother? The prostitute is discovering Jesus, not sure I can go on.

Watch the americans, it is quite entertaining.

I usually prefer the look of British series but American series are so much more inventive when it comes to montage/scenario/etc

malvo is the devil

linda's 5 min exposition made a world of difference

lester was hilariously cuntish, with the whole jacket business. someone pointed out that he even told her not to bring one, which i missed initially.

Daaamn that was a great episode, finale should be good

My one question, whatever happens to Stavros and that $1mil? I know he buried it again but wasn't Malvo after that??

Edit:watched the new Louie episodes, pretty heavy stuff

(really like the double episode per week format too)

Edited by jayrock

Looks dope, about the only good stuff in the immediate pipeline unfortunately

Haven't watched the new Penny Dreadful yet, but I probably will. Show is boring as shit tho. Looking forward to the new Last Week Tonight much more

Also on S02 of Justified and still cranking along