General TV show discussion

mrip

The face of claire danes in sad/upsetting/bipolar situations = LOL! 

Homeland-4.jpg

tumblr_mbsojsTDGW1risuxpo1_500.jpg

Claire-Danes-Homeland-Premiere-Video.jpg

However, is it your belief that no one in any government agency would question authority? Come on! Not everyone is a soldier/robot, and thats the point I think Homeland is trying to make. Is that there are people (no matter how bipolar lol) out there who will go against the grain, and do what they feel is right? (See Edward Snowden, John Kiriakou)

On the point that she (i'm assuming) is the idiot you're speaking of, my guess , from watching every episode, is that she is "the best" according to saul, (before everyone found out what a nut bag she really was), therefor they can let go all the unpredictable idiocy that she provides to the CIA. LOL.

With her crying, it's clearly understandable for any women holding a man's child who is about to die/dead, CIA employee included. I mean fuck she's a bipolar lunatic off her meds! That's the "unpredictability" homeland offers to it's viewers. LOL "what will she do next?!!!!!!" (Why a lot of people probably view the show, to see how bad she's going to blow it)

Like Timber said, I'm not looking forward to all the sappy bullshit that's to come with the baby, and them "running away" together, which seems to be the premise of Brody and Carrie's discussions every other episode.

Edited by MonsieurUntitled

i quite like masters of sex but it could be to the 50s what mad men is to the 60s; it's only first season so it could/should get there but it being a showtime program… i have a nagging suspicion it might fall short of its potential.

anyone watch trophy wife? it's pretty good—knowing my luck it'll be cancelled…

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case someone hasn't seen House of Cards' 2nd season trailer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhJjCmYi1M

official trailer.

can this please happen sooner

Edited by Mrama

So, consensus on True Detectives? I'll give it a few more episodes to see where it goes. I wonder wether HBO is ticked that Hannibal happened first? So far the tone of the two seem very similar even without the obvious 'antler' comparisons. HBO rarely drops a complete turkey (the above mentioned Girls aside) so this one is probably worth a few watches.

yes, hannibal is heavy handed at times but IMO it's one of the better shows to premier in 2013.  the fact that it's on nbc impresses me even more.  also, mads mikkelsen kills it.

that said - i really enjoyed true detective and will def keep watching.  i thought the chemistry between woody and matthew was pretty solid too.

true detective definitely has promise. the pilot does it's job pretty well setting everything up. there's obviously layers to which we the viewer are not yet privy, as hbo writers are so fucking good at doing.

edit: lol new archer. montages galore

Edited by jayrock

So, consensus on True Detectives? I'll give it a few more episodes to see where it goes. I wonder wether HBO is ticked that Hannibal happened first? So far the tone of the two seem very similar even without the obvious 'antler' comparisons. HBO rarely drops a complete turkey (the above mentioned Girls aside) so this one is probably worth a few watches.

I haven't seen Hannibal but am currently watching the second episode of true detective, it seems to me that the focus is on the two main characters, their quirks and interaction and how some of their baser characteristics got magnified during the years (that 17 years jump is mighty handy to demonstrate that quickly in a very contrasted way). I wouldn't watch a show about serial killers cause they are just a malfunction, they bring no sociological insight about us.

note: even if one of the characters turns out to be the/a killer or some other cheap plot twist the show still isn't focused on that, at least for now.

Sherlock episode 3 was better than the first two but still somewhat lacking. I'm moving on to Justify after true detective and looking for recs, is the Americans passable?

Edited by Fuuma

I haven't seen Hannibal but am currently watching the second episode of true detective, it seems to me that the focus is on the two main characters, their quirks and interaction and how some of their baser characteristics got magnified during the years (that 17 years jump is mighty handy to demonstrate that quickly in a very contrasted way). I wouldn't watch a show about serial killers cause they are just a malfunction, they bring no sociological insight about us.

note: even if one of the characters turns out to be the/a killer or some other cheap plot twist the show still isn't focused on that, at least for now.

Sherlock episode 3 was better than the first two but still somewhat lacking. I'm moving on to Justify after true detective and looking for recs, is the Americans passable?

I haven't seen The Americans but a very underrated spyshow who seems to have went under a lot of peoples radar is Rubicon. I think it was great, but the pacing is very slow, I guess not everybody likes that.