General TV show discussion

mrip

The new Arrested Development wasn't that funny. But maybe I remember it as more funny than it actually was. Funniest episodes was GOB's imo (ep 7 or something).

Luther is on again for those who didn't know!

This. I think Arrested Development becoming so well loved by the general public in the years since it's been on has made the new season a guaranteed disappointment. It was entertaining, smart, and really weird, but for me never all that funny.

^ i'm always disappointed at the end of every walking dead season and then in the break they hype it up and i kinda get excited.  and then like 2-3 eps in, i realize that they never do anything and i have no emotional attachments to any of the characters.  yeah, i watch the show but i think it's very poorly written and possibly the most over-hyped show on tv.

varys and catelyn stark in suits.  usa shows are my weakness.

(i legit think suits is a better show than walking dead.)

That trailer had more going on than every episode to date.  And you know they basically took every "tense" scene and crammed it in the trailer like they've done the past 3 seasons.  Fake hustle is the perfect description.

Will the D and Cutty dynamic duo be enough to make the show interesting?  Doubtful... but if you stop watching the show as a drama and pretend it's a bad comedy, it gets much better.  I want to take it seriously but I know better.

tried watching newest skins, uk 20's version.  effie now in london and about that finance.  trading and hedge funds. she still hot

Edited by SSchadenfreude

I just finished season 8 of Supernatural and I'm just casually putting on Torchwood because I want to see the Children of Earth season.

I had a dream last week and Mads Mikkelsen was in it so I think that means I should start watching Hannibal. Also I want to watch Buffy in its entirety.

• 2 weeks later...

So... new Breaking Bad on Sunday and being the fanboy that I am, I've been reading several theories and predictions.

Kinda a late pass here but one theory is that Walt kills Skyler prior to the Denny's season 5 opener.  The basis for the argument is that every time Walt kills someone, he takes on one of their characteristics.

• Cuts the crust off his sandwiches after he kills Krazy8
  • Drives a Volvo after he kills Gus
  • Starts drinking liquor on the rocks after he kills Mike

In the first season, Skyler is shown putting bacon numbers on Walt's birthday breakfast.  In the season 5 opener, Walt is doing this himself alone as fuck at Denny's.  Walt's fake ID that he shows the waitress also has the last name Lambert, which is Skyler's maiden name.

Maybe this is a stretch but it's an interesting theory nonetheless.  Either way I'm so pumped for Sunday.

Edited by Layne

ayo u catch yesterday's ep.

still really feelin the show, but was thinkin that it's just a reiteration of sopranos

yeah. i like the show but i feel like it isn't that good. maybe poorly balanced/paced (like sup with the dyke bitch), and at the same time there isn't too much going on yet. but i guess they know cuz after every other episode they show a season preview (which looks good) instead of just for next week. the cast is good too...