General TV show discussion

mrip

I thought the interaction between Brody and his daughter last season was awesome, especially in the later episodes.

I don't understand what the writers are doing with her character this season. And now the side plot is drawing in the VP and his wife... it's basically transforming into the primary story.

i feel like the league is the only good thing on tv right now, but even that has kinda fallen off, and too many player cameos

timothy olyphant was fucking funny tho

*oh and treme is good but i guess i'll wait until the end of the season to watch the whole thing

Edited by mass

^ Olyphant episode was funny but the season is kinda a letdown. This last episode was awful -- everything just feels so forced.

In my drunkeness last night I watched this show called Mystery Diners on Food Network. Anyone familiar with this show? It's got to be fake... everyone on the show was clearly acting, and very poorly at that.

welp, the last episode of boardwalk was fucking amazing - to me it has officially overtaken breaking bad as the best tv show currently in production.

So wrong. I mean, the episode wasn't bad but the show as a whole is borderline unwatchable.

OH SUSPENSE... they killed Owen. Who gives a shit? That dude was useless. At what point in the show did you feel any attachment to his character?

The best person on the show (Jimyy) was killed off so they could have some momentary shock value. Mistake. Chalky is the next best and he's basically gone from the show. Except when he pops into Nucky's office to to have some menial conversation that never goes his way. Oh yeah, Richard's cool too so we'll start a love story for him and let him rescue this angry alcoholics daughter, in the process making him a gigantic pussy.

I'd rather watch re-runs of Suits than anything currently airing on HBO.

Edited by Layne

I'll admit that this episode of Boardwalk was good. But it blows my mind that it took the writers this long to give the best characters some much needed screen time. I'm completely aware that every episode can't be an edge-of-your-seat thriller, but the first 10 episodes of this season were meh at best.

Also, Gillian Darmody knows how to play the Game of Thrones.