General TV show discussion

mrip

The transition is a very slow one for both characters. If you can't catch on then give up I guess there are a few slow patches that I'm sure are hard if you don't care, but it's the best show currently airing by miles.

for what it's worth you seem to enjoy mad men and not one character on there can keep my attention so I get it. I can't remember BB's timeline perfectly, but I loved the first season.

don draper is by far my favorite character and very captivating, but every time i try to watch a few episodes back to back i get bored. cigarettes and scotch/gin add a lot to the mad men watching experience.

watched every episode of arrested development in 3 drunk, lazy days; very enjoyable. working on 30 rock now. tracy morgan is funny but too much at times. lemon and jack definitely carry the show.

30 rock isn't worth that imo. Don Draper bores the fuck out of me. I watched the entire first season and half of the second trying to catch on but I hate all the characters.

marathon a better comedy though, Party Down, The League, Delocated, Eastbound & Down.

don and the sucker with the pipe are the only two i dont begin to hate after 10 minutes of any episode.

i've heard a lot of good things about the league, will probably grab that soon. eastbound and down is great. biggest reason for watching 30 rock is because it's on watch instantly and i have no way to hook my laptop up to my roommate's Old Ass television.

Ruxin is funnier. Charlie is still better than Taco though.

Party Down is the best of those imo. check that if you haven't yet. only 2 seasons.

Mags, I didn't catch on to QI while I lived over there cause I was watching AFN (military tv) too much but you guys have a bunch of those panel type shows? that clip was great, I'd heard of buzzcocks just never seen it.

We haven't had those shows for awhile over here I don't think. I know I've seen like clips from way back with American celebrities being funny on game shows but nothing lately.

for what it's worth you seem to enjoy mad men and not one character on there can keep my attention so I get it. I can't remember BB's timeline perfectly, but I loved the first season.

Is this for me? I'm not a huge MM fan, just find it entertaining. I agree that the characters are hardly redeeming, but I find the cultural differences of the 60's to today's age very compelling, especially the points focused on businesses. The story line and characters do nothing for me, really. Don Draper is a boring punk.

Not to pull it back to the wire, but it's fucking crazy just how amazing the characters are. I enjoy more characters from the wire than i do from the rest of TV history combined. I can't even think of any character from any TV show that I like more than just about any character on the wire, except maybe Hank Hill.

i stil think pete from the league is the biggest douchebag character going at the moment.

Please elaborate.

we still watching walking dead or is it just me?

Yes.

i am, i can't keep up with its breakneck pace though.

notsureifserious.jpg

[The Wire] should be mandatory curriculum in public education. Just like you're forced to read gatsby and catcher and discuss the social relevance or commentary or whatever, same should be the wire.

I agree with this completely, but it won't happen. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there's college classes that "study" what I consider Top 3 series. If it's not already happening it will be soon.

I know there are classes that focus on movies, and IMO, the creativity in most movies has been rapidly going downhill. Yes, there have been some fantastic films in the past few years, but I think quality TV series are the new focus. I've said it before and I will again.... The Sopranos changed the game, and in turn that affected movies.

Guest guincho

i'm trying to take classes on the wire fuck.

been watching season 8 of the simpsons, best season.

haven't checked out the new season of boardwalk empire at all yet... is it good?

last weeks adventure time is awesome, halloween themed sorta. link

the office has been sucking, can't even get myself to watch it anymore. parks and rec has been great. still haven't had time to watch the new walking dead yet either.