Dry Cleaning

booya

yeah, i agree with DJ Flame. I used to work in a dry cleaners in highschool. The dude that owned it was a genius. He always had these cowboys wanting extra heavy starch in their ball hugging jeans and "extra heavy" doesn't even exist. So he created a magical starch called Super starch and then charged the guys about $2 more for this service. The best part about it was it was the same as heavy and extra heavy, but these fuckos thought they were getting some astronaut starch or something.

Don't know if that was a good story or not, but I used to love the shit out of asking these guys if they wanted super starch.

• 11 months later...

What's good...

I recently read about the advent of Organic Dry Cleaning spots in GQ and then agaom today in a few SuperDenim threads. Basically, when it comes to your closet...I know most of you do not play around...especially when we're talking something like raw Japanese denim that is well over $200. Right now, I'm kinda suspicious of the current dry cleaning spot I've been going to due to the fact that my gear has been coming back in a "younger" fit...as if they were like "Just throw it in the washer and we'll spray starch it a little bit to get that authentic DRY feeling...!"

I am VERY skeptical of ever throwing them a pair of expensive denim...fearing that the jeans'll come back two sizes smaller.

Anyways...this topic is really made to focus on those who use ORGANIC methods of dry cleaning your gear...therefore avoiding the harmful long-term effects of harsh chemicals on fabric. Do these exist in Manhattan? If so, where??

Or if anyone just has a DAMNED EFFICIENT AND TRUST-WORTHY regular dry cleaning service that he/she could recommend (Manhattan preferably)...then please let the world know as well...

...I'm just tired of picturing these people carelessly tossing my shirts (and soon denim) into the supersonic spin cycle machine right after I walk out the door with my pick-up slip!!

Or if anyone just has a DAMNED EFFICIENT AND TRUST-WORTHY regular dry cleaning service that he/she could recommend (Manhattan preferably)...then please let the world know as well...

...I'm just tired of picturing these people carelessly tossing my shirts (and soon denim) into the supersonic spin cycle machine right after I walk out the door with my pick-up slip!!

Dry cleaning does not use ridiculously "harmful chemicals." I have been dry cleaning high-end, sensitive fabric $400 dress shirts for several years at dry cleaners and have never had so much as a single bit of fading or shrinking. Your jeans will be fine. You are mixing up the negative effects of simple washing with dry cleaning. If it works for silk then it obviously works for denim.......

In regards to "organic" dry cleaners, google will surely yield you several results.

lol...my bad...a little over-anxious...well they sound organic...

Okay I just checked the site...ha they got a beat on there and all...they definitely look good to me, plus they're just across town from my studio and it definitely isn't too much to ask price-wise...

Ron-E, you have had nothing but good experiences with their service huh?

lol...my bad...a little over-anxious...well they sound organic...

Okay I just checked the site...ha they got a beat on there and all...they definitely look good to me, plus they're just across town from my studio and it definitely isn't too much to ask price-wise...

Ron-E, you have had nothing but good experiences with their service huh?

No, I just looked it up after I read your thread....

• 7 months later...
Hey wont there be like a problem with print t-shirts. I heard dry cleaning can fuck up the print?

spex,

usually the dry cleaning process won't mess up the prints, but sometimes dry cleaning can shrink shit.

anyway you're in japland, they do a good job. if not just make a claim.

hanging tees stretches them out

only if you're using a jacked up cheap plastic hanger. I use wood hangers for all my tees and I've never had one stretch out or get weird...

i'm kind of in the same department as MilSpex, but my Supreme box tee is the holographic one. it's in dire need of cleaning but i don't know if i should wash it or get it dry cleaned.

it's because the holographic print is like some sticker-like material. it's been sitting in my closet for like 4 months and i'd really like to wear it sometime soon. do you guys have any suggestions?

im talking about hand washing it or rinsing it, and youre forgetting that actually wearing the t-shirt damages it, also. dry cleaning might be worse for the t-shirt than a quick handwash. water wont do anything to cotton and waterproof ink.

ok genius :rolleyes:

dry cleaning t-shirts is the dumbest thing ever

stop being dumb, washing machines can use cold water for a reason.

Reason I`m considering is coz I just fucked up 2 rare as fuck XXL box tees that I cant find anywhere anymore and spent a year looking for. Cold wash mashed the print on one and shrunk the other to smaller than XL.

I asked on another thread, but..... where can a man get a NICE tee? NO TATTOOS, NO WORDS, NO LOGOS, but a nice clean graphic on a good quality product that would work with a blazer for an office. Nothing too young looking. Can't look like a billboard, can't look like rolled out of bed or came from the gym. It needs to be nice and classy- for work and to take my lady out in. (she is always complaining that the tees look like they came from someone else's closet after 10 years!) Can someone please help?