Dry Cleaning

booya

• 4 months later...

and i lost 8 button shirts. some of my favorites too, half were designer. i have to fill out a claims form for their insurance. ugh.

and i lost 8 button shirts. some of my favorites too, half were designer. i have to fill out a claims form for their insurance. ugh.

this might be a blessing. you could just claim higher pricepoints and buy even better shit.

Stop using cheap China-man dry cleaner, yes? Next time use White-man dry cleaner.

good advice. they b wok-fryin dog in the back with all the lint/non-claimed cluthin.

logos_livejournal.jpg

gtfo and go peddle your shit on doa. :teef:

@djrajio - it was the most reputable dry cleaner in dallas where everyone takes their designer shit so it wont be botched.

this isnt a confessional. it's fashion related. my cloak shirt is just a memory now, not unlike the label itself.

how odd djork, you've been on sufu since apr '06 yet this is the first time i've ever noticed you
If someone stood up in a crowd

And raised his voice up way out loud

And waved his arm and shook his leg

You'd notice him

If someone in the movie show

Yelled "Fire in the second row

This whole place is a powder keg!"

You'd notice him

And even without clucking like a hen

Everyone gets noticed, now and then,

Unless, of course, that personage should be

Invisible, inconsequential me!

Cellophane

Mister Cellophane

Shoulda been my name

Mister Cellophane

'Cause you can look right through me

Walk right by me

And never know I'm there...

I tell ya

Cellophane

Mister Cellophane

Shoulda been my name

Mister Cellophane

Walk right by me

Suppose you was a little cat

Residin' in a person's flat

Who fed you fish and scratched your ears?

You'd notice him

Suppose you was a woman, wed

And sleepin' in a double bed

Beside one man, for seven years

You'd notice him

A human being's made of more than air

With all that bulk, you're bound to see him there

Unless that human bein' next to you

Is unimpressive, undistinguished

You know who...

Cellophane

Mister Cellophane

Shoulda been my name

Mister Cellophane

Walk right by me

I tell ya

Cellophane

Mister Cellophane

Shoulda been my name

Mister Cellophane

Walk right by me

And never know I'm there

Never even know I'm there.

Hope I didn't take up too much of your time.

thank you sir.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Hopefully, I am in the right forum. I have a Dior Homme suit which i have only worn once outside of my house. Simply, I wore it to a museum event, and then out to dinner. My concern, is that i noticed two small patches of a dusty looking matter when i came home. It is very light and hard to notice, but they appear on the sleeve of the shoulder and on part of a lapel. What could this be? How do i remove it? Can this maybe be removed without dry-cleaning? Has anyone seen something of the sort before?

I would appreciate help.

Thanks,

julian

if you're gonna spot clean it yourself, be sure to blot only, rubbing or scrubbing it, however lightly, may cause the fabric to pill

Use the infamous saliva test. If the fabric of a black blazer does pull due to the saliva, give it to the next homeless guy you see around the corner.

• 4 months later...

I bought a rick owens tee and have no idea how to wash it. I dropped close to three bills on it and don't wanna fuck it up in any way. Whats the best way to wash it, i was thinking either dry clean or cold hand wash. I'm sure you guys know what to do here thanks.

what type is it, a single layer sheer one?

if so, you can hand wash it in cold with mild detergant, squeeze excess water out gently and lay flat on a towel (or throw a towel underneath on a clothesline) to dry if you dont want it to stretch in length.

other option is of course to dry clean

the rick owens people say it's cool to throw that thing in the washing machine if it's cotton (despite the dry clean instruction label)

I wash mine by hand with delicate clothes soap and hang it out to dry because I don't trust my washing machine that much.

according to the SAs here, you want to handwash it in cold water and lay it flat to dry (don't hang it). If it happens to tear or get holes, "it's supposed to be worn and beat up like that."

agree this is what I was told as well. they said crazy shit like throwing your leathers in the washing machine too, but I'll be damned if I do that.

I'd also add that you can probably throw them in the dryer for a few minutes (when they're already dry) to shrink them. Never tried it but it works with other garments,