american college football

brightbill

My bad, meant to neg that, how can you say he looked better than Mariota?? Not taking away from Winston or how well he has played this year at all, but his stats have dropped immensely over the last year.  

You can't just look at stats to make arguments here. FSU lost a lot of talent to the nfl last year. The defense is nowhere close to last year, Their oline was shuffled around in the beginning (i think their center was their LT for like the first 5 or 6 games). Not to mention, Winston's freshmen year was pretty damn good and it's not that easy to repeat that or do better. Since they were behind a lot this year, he was asked to do more and more throws will increase chance of ints/turnovers (also a bunch of ints were from tipped balls by the WRs)

If we're going by just the rose bowl:

looks poised from the pocket

Made great throws

anticipated his receivers and throws into tight windows (mariota has wide open receivers or screens)

Winston plays in a pro style offense, goes through progessions and makes adjustments at the line. I haven't watched every snap Mariota has taken over the course of his career at oregon but i dont think he's even taken one snap under center. Don't think he's made adjustments pre snap either. He's missed wide open throws and they have an uptempo offense which will increase stats

Mariota can/will obviously learn to play in a pro style offense but i think he needs to sit a year at least while winston can be a day 1 starter.