What totally does it for you?

geekbonchic

^had the crazy. was interesting when things were good but sometimes it would just blow up in my face. it's that terrible need to find a balance—last time i dated a decidedly "non-crazy" girl she was nice and all but sometimes it felt so uninteresting. like connection never went past a certain point. 
meh. i digress.

when girls are intelligent and they inspire you. and it doesn't matter to me if they 'surpass' you in that sense, it's something you feed off to be a better person.

when they exude classiness and elegance in their mannerisms and their style. especially their style; i cannot appreciate women who resort to conspicuous sex appeal. subtlety is a much sexier thing.

when they just talk straight and aren't cryptic about things.

and JAMC know their shit when they sang:

it's just the way she's walking. it's just the way she's talking.

Terribly sharp and decisive women.

I cave quite easily to the asian with non-asian accent combo—esp. english.

The combo of all three could very well just be my kryptonite.

Hate how these are typically possessed though by COO (child-of-owner) types.

Often comes with a mixed bag of: serious art / art school leanings, daddy/attention/self esteem issues, disillusion / lack of monetary comprehension, etc, etc, etc.

Potentially could cross post this to "shit I hate".

i like a chick with big breasts on her chest

not flat looking like somebody stepped on her chest

JEAH

when girls are intelligent and they inspire you. and it doesn't matter to me if they 'surpass' you in that sense, it's something you feed off to be a better person.

Why on earth would someone want to be with a woman who is not intelligent and inspiring, or a woman who doesn't at least possess the faculties to 'surpass' them, if not already there? I want to (and do) look up to the person I am with, not condescend upon them. Anyone who sincerely believes otherwise should crawl back to returnofkings or somewhere similarly crusty in short order.

Edited by merz

Why on earth would someone want to be with a woman who is not intelligent and inspiring, or a woman who doesn't at least possess the faculties to 'surpass' them, if not already there? I want to (and do) look up to the person I am with, not condescend upon them. Anyone who sincerely believes otherwise should crawl back to returnofkings or somewhere similarly crusty in short order.

merz, correct me if i am wrong but it sounds to me that you're looking at what i'm saying and going 'bravo for figuring this out? duh'. to me and you, it might be the most obvious thing. some people though, don't commit to a person for those same reasons as surprising or unsuprising as it is. so, you know, i'm just saying what does it for me.

Not really, at least not in terms of my intentions for the above post. I've been thinking on the subject a fair bit recently with some comments made by folks I know fairly well and have otherwise have respected. But it sincerely baffles me how the quality some look for in a prospective partner is the sense of superiority they get when being around someone they have deemed 'lesser'...

when they exude classiness and elegance in their mannerisms and their style. especially their style; i cannot appreciate women who resort to conspicuous sex appeal. subtlety is a much sexier thing.

when they just talk straight and aren't cryptic about things.

and JAMC know their shit when they sang:

it's just the way she's walking. it's just the way she's talking.

• 3 weeks later...

^yep, athletic girls <3

also, messy ponytails/buns, esp with glasses. no need to spend forever on hair

Edited by n!*