Designer Association Thread

mr fluffernutter

Or maybe, if along with the picture, you had to post an explanation why that particular picture encapsulates the particular designer (in a general or even personal sense)...

I think this is fine... but that it can be optional. If you'd like to give a description, then go ahead, but if others just want to post an image, I think that is fine as well.

sorry to break it again' date=' but I think this game would be alot more interesting if we posted non-fashion related items that reminded us of the designer...otherwise this is just becoming the "google the designer game"[/quote']

I think the way it is going is ok, personally... I like seeing what works people associate with the designer (provided they're familiar with the designer and aren't googling of course :P). however, I also think your idea is good... so maybe it could be a separate thread, where, instead of just designers, it could be posting any one look/garment, and the next person could post any image at all which the pic reminds them of? :)

- - -

00200m.jpg

gareth pugh

To DUM:

What I meant was that we could still post runway pictures, but we would have to give a personal explanation as to why that one picture is representative of the designer to us personally...

For example: With the Jeremy Scott "Hamburger and Fries" image I posted...I feel that with J. Scott, what he does is humorous at first glance, but you quickly realize how one note it all is. The "humor" is up front, there is no real cleverness, no subversion, no real design to keep it interesting.

Thus, I picked the hamburger man image because when I first saw it I went..."haha fast food" to "yawn" exceedingly quickly...