Where is supreme LA going to be.

GINOISBEST

WE GOT SOME REALLY NICE SHIT IN...

VANS/SUPREME COLLAB

NEW PACKS AND DUFFLES..REALLY TECH

AND THE TEE'S WERE DONE BY A GUY HAGE'. HE HAD HIS OWN LINE DAGGERS DRAWN

HE'S ALSO THE NEW GRAPHIC ARTIST FOR THE TEAM.

THE REST OF THE LINE IS FOR FALL...

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH FOR A HK OR EURO CHAPTER ANYTIME SOON.

BE THERE ON THE 11TH....

Edited by JUPAFETT on Sep 7, 2004 at 01:25 PM

THE BOWL IS PEANUT SHAPED SIX FEET DEEP AND THREE FOOT IN THE SHALLOW END. THE DEEP END IS PRETTY MELLOW AND THE SHALLOW IS REALLY QUICK. AS FAR AS SHOOT OUTS WE PUT UP A NET ATTACHED TO CARABINERS ALONG THE WALL AND DECK. THE SKATING HAPPENS AFTERHOURS ONLY. SOME CUSTOMER GETS HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A FLYING BOARD AND IT'S CURTAINS.

THE WORST THING IS WHEN A KID COMES TO THE COUNTER AND BUYS HIS FIRST BOX TEE AND WALKS AWAY WITH 24 DOLLAR BUY IN TO THE SKATE CULTURE. NO ONE BOUGHT A WHEEL, BEARING OR BOLT OPENING DAY. NO ONE SKATES AND THAT'S JUST RETARDED, FUCK IT THE MONEY IS WHAT'S DOIN'.

SHIT IS WACK

Edited by JUPAFETT on Sep 14, 2004 at 12:39 PM

i gotta agree here...i think it's great that Supreme has built a rep as being a leader in "street" culture, but let's face it, it's about skateboarding...in the same vein that Stussy was brought up through surf, Supreme is about skating...Jupafett is absolutely right, people pick up a box cap and think they've suddenly bought the secret key to the skate society...it ain't right...none of these cats had to grow up with being thrown out of spots...none of these cats had to deal with local police hasseling and handing out tickets...none of these cats had to deal with being ridiculed and laughed at for what many thought would be a "fad"...it's like hip hop culture...suddenly everyone wants to be down, and every tom dick and harry is on skateboarding's jock...just cause you know who Tony Hawk and Eric Koston is, doesn't mean you're in the know...skateboarding has been bastardized, plain and simple...respect to Supreme for doing what they're doing...i'm sorry if i'm hating, but if you're not down with the culture, you're not down...like Main Source once said, "stop faking the funk"....

People can buy a bolt bearing or wheel anywhere, I definitely wouldnt say that thats Supreme's main attraction in any way. And so what if people like skateboard clothing style, I know that most people that dont skate and wear supreme or something like it dont pretend like theyve skated at all. I can honestly say that I dont skateboard and never have but i still wear some Supreme stuff, and I dont see what the hells wrong with that. I dont pretend to be a skateboarder at all I just like the style of some of their shit. People don't buy supreme shit just so people think that theyre skateboarders, most people get it because they actually like the clothes. Take it for what it is, its a skateboard inspired clothing company.

"A KID COMES TO THE COUNTER AND BUYS HIS FIRST BOX TEE AND WALKS AWAY WITH 24 DOLLAR BUY IN TO THE SKATE CULTURE. NO ONE BOUGHT A WHEEL, BEARING OR BOLT OPENING DAY."

THATS THE POINT JUPA.......

SO HOW'Z GOING ON WITH THE BOWL NOW?

COM'ON LETS SET THEM RULES.......EVERY LITTLE KIDS NEED TO RIDE ON THE BOWL FOR 3MINS BEFORE CRAP THEIR FIRST BOX TEE AND BACK TO HOME AND PUT IT ON THE EBAY!!! icon_smile_tongue.gif

Supreme is probably only alive (or at least successful), and certainly only able to open stores around the world (with bowls to skate, no less) because you have an army of (mainly) japanese kids willing to wait in line for hours in attempt to score a box logo tee. If Supreme was so gung-ho on skating and offended that 95% of their customers don't skate and only buy the gear, then maybe they should drop making clothes and concentrate on their decks, and/or putting out related hardware for them so they can better support skate culture. I don't buy the fact that Supreme (James) is so upset that the brand is more a culture brand than skate, when he lets his brand continue to perpetuate the cycle by rationing product, doing limited edition collaborations with other culture brands, and by focusing the brand on clothing most of the time. And what exactly makes one t-shirt a skate t-shirt, and another not a skate t-shirt when the graphics themselves typically focus on art, pop culture, or politics. Maybe I'm ignorant, but does Supreme even sponsor any skaters and if so, where are the pro model's and associated t-shirts for them? When going to skate parks, or reading skate magazines where is their presense? Why are there three stores in Japan, and only now one store in Southern California?

I'm not knocking Supreme, and in fact am a big fan of the brand. I've met with James a couple times and was impressed with how down to earth and level headed he was, as well as impressed with what his outlook. I just have a tough time understanding why theres a gripe about them no longer being recognized as a skate specific brand, when all their strides for the last few years have been in creating a culture brand.

PLAINLY, SOHO SKATERS MADE THE BRAND BY SKATING. NOT POSEING. PRO MODELS? THAT SHIT'S FOR BOARD COMPANIES. WHY SPONSER A PRO WHEN YOU GOT A LOAD OF PRO'S WILLING TO REP THAT SHIT FOR FREE. SKATE HEADS ARE REP'ING A BRAND THAT HAS A "PHILOSOPHY" THAT SKATERS RESPECT. TURNING A DIRTY OUTCAST SOCIETY INTO A FIGURATIVE HI END BOUTIQUE IS SOMETHING THAT DOES'T HAPPEN ALOT. BUT EVEN THE HESH NORCAL SKATE HEADS MADE THAT SHIT DOPE ALL OVER WAY BEFORE KID ROCK, BLINK 182 AND ALL THESE CRACKER BANDWAGON WANNA-BE'S. SHIT EVEN PHARRELL KNOWS WHAT STEE TO BITE. THAT KID NEVER OLLIED IN HIS LIFE AND ROCKS AN ICED OUT BOARD ON HIS NECK. TO ME, THE BOSS CAN MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS HE WANTS AND LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK AND YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT.

MY THING IS COOL HUNTERS CAN STOP COPPING LOOKS OFF OF REAL HEADS AND MAKE THEY OWN SHIT. HOW ARE YOU GONNA WAIT IN LINE AND COME IN WITH SPIKED HAIR AND A ROCAWEAR JERSEY AND TALK ABOUT WANTING A FUCK BUSH STICKER? BUT HEY, SKATERS HAVE BEEN RUNNING SHIT SINCE THE 80'S. THINK, EVERY ACTION SPORT TAKES OUR TRICKS, EVEN USES THE SAME NAMES, BARGE OUR SPOTS AND PARKS. THEY RUN OUR GEAR AND KICKS. THEN THAT JUST TRICKLES DOWN TO THE REGULAR MALL KIDS. IT'S ALL GOOD THOUGH, THAT JUST KEEPS SKATE HEADS GOING THAT MUCH MORE AHEAD OF THE REST...AS ALWAYS.

SHIT IS WACK

Jupa, youre digging yourself a hole. Most of the stuff you have said is just so blatantly uneducated and rediculous that Im sure everyone here is just goint to laugh. Supreme IS a clothing store, no matter what you would like to think. People wear the clothes because they are really cool, have great designs (for the most part) and are made well, not because the "philosophy" behind the brand because thats just rediculous. Also Pharrell does skate and has all of his life, so theres another point that is just making you sound stupid. People can make their own stuff? I am doubting that the majority of people in there can not make clothes of the same quality. You also say that people with a certain look cant want a fuck bush sticker, are you serious, Im pretty sure that there are a few more people than skaters that dont like Bush.

Next time youre going to argue about something like this, atleast know what youre arguing.

OH PERSONAL POSTS NOW, OK...

"I'm sure everyone here is just goint to laugh" THAT'S GREAT. SO YOU THINK YOU HAVE ANY SORT OF BEARING AS TO WHAT HAPPENED OPENING DAY. IF YOU WERE THERE, THEN YOUR AN ALL DAY SUCKER TOO. "Supreme IS a clothing store, no matter what you would like to think." IT'S A SKATESHOP THAT CAN SELL TONS OF CLOTHES BEARING THE NAME. WHAT CLOTHING BRANDS ARE ON THE SHELVES? NONE. ALL SKATE BRANDS. I WONDER IF THEY SELL SLIP ON DRESS SHOES? NO. SKATE SHOES ONLY.

MERVYNS IS A CLOTHING STORE. SUPREME IS A SKATESHOP. THERE'S TRUCKS IN THE CASE NOT BOWTIES AND CUFFLINKS.

WHO STANDS IN LINE OVERNIGHT TO BITE A LOOK FOR $900.00? A SUCKER. TO ME IT SOUNDS AS THOUGH YOU'RE DEFENDING ALL THESE LIL EBAY FAGGOTS. AND WHAT ARE TALKING ABOUT MAKING CLOTHES?? ARE YOU LITERALLY STUPID? WHO HERE MAKES THIER OWN CLOTHES? HEADS MAKE THIER OWN "FASHION" STATEMENT OR REP A CULTURE THAT THEY MADE WITH THE LIKE MINDED. PERHAPS THE WORD PHILOSOPHY IS TO TECH FOR YOU TO REALLY UNDERSTAND. OLD NAVY HAS GREAT QUALITY CONSTRUCTION BUT NO LINES UP FOR THAT. HMMM I WONDER WHY? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T STAND FOR ANYTHING, YA BIG DUMMY!

"Next time youre going to argue about something like this, atleast know what youre arguing"

YOU NEED TO GET OFF THIS THREAD MY SON. I'M TALKING ABOUT MASSES OF LIL CRUMB SNATCH STYLE BITERS THAT LEECH OFF OF SKATERS. IF YOU'VE EVER SKATED YOU'D KNOW THAT IT'S A BIG "NO" TO BITE. AND IF YOU DO SKATE ROLLERBLADES DON'T COUNT. HOW IS IT THAT WE SKATERS PUT IT DOWN AND YOU GUYS JUST RIDE OURS ALL DAY. KIDS LIKE YOU ARE FUCKING IT UP FOR KIDS THAT REALLY WANT TO SKATE IN $65 DUNKS BUT CAN'T AFFORD IT BECAUSE SHOPS ARE MAKING SUCKER SALES OFF OF YOU FOOLS ALL DAY.

BOARDC3 PERHAPS YOU SOUNDED OFF SINCE MY LAST POST HAD YOU SO TOUCHED.

NOW GO!

SHIT IS WACK

Actually I definitely was not one of those people there all day but i hit up the NYC store every once in a while. It is a clothes store, it sells clothes therefor it is a clothes store. Ya it sells skateboards and shit in addition, but its main attraction IS the clothing, not the trucks in the case dumbass. How are these people faggots for wearing supreme clothes, or who wear skateboard clothing. They like the clothing style, that doesnt mean that they have to have the stereotypical life that comes with the clothes. old navy doesnt have lines out the door because their clothes suck and obviously the construction isnt close to that of Supreme, so i dont know why youre even comparing the two. The attraction to supreme IS the design and construction NOT because the store has trucks in the front case. "Leeching" off skaters, did you invent that style? Youve copied all your style off of skateboarding, not me.

Again yuo come across as stupid.

good luck with that

i think alot of the people in this thread are missing the point...gotta agree with juppa again...look, if anyone was around when Supreme first dropped their goods, they'd know it was all about the skateboarding...goods by skateboarders for skateboarders...i remember when Supreme first dropped, nobody outside of skateboarding was feeling what they were doing...there were places outside of New York with their goods that couldn't push tees for even $15...!!...the bottom line is that similar to alot of other things connected to underground culture...mainstream cats are always having to get a late pass on what's going down, and afterwards, through hype and thus greater demand, they inflate prices so high that those originally down can no longer afford it...i've said it once and i'll say it again, SKATEBOARDING HAS BEEN BASTARDIZED...i think what most of us that have been skating since the 80's and early 90's are looking for, is some respect...not necessarily for the individuals, but for the culture...just my thoughts...