Tumblr

NatseOklim

How do y'all get followers? I'm knocking at the door of 100, but feel like no one sees my shit. I mean, my blog isn't unique, but that doesn't seem to affect any of the other stupid blogs out there with pictures of ice cream cones, glitter gifs, and pictures of Ryan Gosling...

i posted about this a while ago: http://everyday.joelzimmerphotography.com/post/3791096535/how-to-get-ahead-on-tumblr

It applies more to making your own content but a few of the things still apply: be consistent with a theme - curate content, don't just spray all over the place. if someone finds something they like on your site, they're more likely to follow if it all 'works', not if its all random

don't flood people's dashboards (this is a pet peeve of mine)

tag stuff smartly

alternatively:

pictures of ryan gosling covered in glitter holding an ice cream cone

@adh92 - just post shit you like man, dont cater to what you think people are going to want to see. In the end it doesnt really matter how many tumblr friends you have.

oh, first impressions too. That theme your using hurts my soul. You post some alright stuff (Rick Owens is in there somewhere) but you need a better theme, go for something minimal if its just a photoblog.

I started another one, somewhere where I can post just fashion, mens and womens.

http://forth-back.tumblr.com/

• 2 weeks later...

taekim.tumblr.com

you will attract followers with the same interests if you have a general theme of your blog. I used to post a lot of travel stuff so most of my followers were people interesting in China and Korea, I post more fashion related things now so all my new followers all run fashion blogs.

Interaction, liking, reblogging will all get you more followers. I think nico posted before that once you get to 1 thousand and then 3-4k the increase of followers increases exponentially.