1992-The Party

culturalmulatto

Anybody else been? Usually always a good mix of people and music- but people get into some buffoonery with the Polo. I saw two dudes the other night coming in together wearing the exact same outfit (stadium shirts and hats) with multiple shirts on top of each other.

I will also forever have a crush on Vashtie.

Here is their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/1992theparty

wow. I sense a lot of hatred spiraling through these old NYC veins of mine. Looks like all of the 16-20 year olds from Brooklyn who chill down in Soho to hit up Urban Outfitters would really be into this type of thing (if not make up most of the head count). I am saddened that Eli Escobar has anything to do with this...

I also hope that some older Lo Life cats set up the jooks outside and get these kids for all their "pieces"...right off of their backs (no matter how standard their vintage Lo is).

That being said...not a bad idea...maybe it's a terrible idea...I dunno...I get the gimmick...but why not just save this shit for the one day any type of dress-up silliness is tolerated...Halloween.

I get the gimmick too, I just cant believe that the party has been going on for two years. The idea gets old after a while. I know they had plans to take it worldwide but the poor attendance recently has probably curbed that idea.

yet, despite low numbers and the commentary above, the crowd is definitely good- way better than you imagine (you do have to be at least 21)

haha what does Eli spin? Just old school hip hop and the like?

I respect that you took such bitter replies to the topic of your thread without taking it all too personal and going off on a "I should neg rep you for being such a hater" tirade. Cheers.

i'm very much a proponent of the, "to each their own" philosophy (with some exceptions i guess). so in that sense cheers to you for doing the same.

A lot of old school hip hop, new jack swing, and a few random funk/disco joints. Overall pretty good. Sometimes dipped into some mid-90's which I was disappointed about (gotta keep it time specific!).