apc tight

velvetant

Quote:

No, their prices are fair for NA IMO. Acne has always been at the upper end of the spectrum in regards to prices in Canada or the US. $250-$300+ CDN or so is the going rate for most Acne denim over here (NA). Most of the fits however are not truly skinny, just tapered. Denim is decent enough, as is overall construction.

--- Original message by Circa on Nov 7, 2005 01:45 PM

yah, well 250-200 CDN is not 120 US, which is what i would rather pay...heh

Quote:

Acne jeans are available at Delphic in Toronto...

but they're outrageously overpriced as usual.

--- Original message by minya on Nov 7, 2005 12:35 PM

if you can find someone in sweden to ship them to you, it shouldn't be too bad - i just paid $180 including shipping, paypal fees, and a bit of profit for him for a pair of max's.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

dark blue

low rise

dry or washed

not too dismilar to dior homme (in terms of fit)

perhaps the apc tight would be good

--- Original message by velvetant on Nov 7, 2005 12:18 PM

Get some APC tight or Julian Red Hoboken. For something less expensive try cheap monday.

--- Original message by Fuuma on Nov 7, 2005 03:02 PM

I'm a 28 waist in DH denims (19cm opening) do you think I should get a 28 waist in JR Hoboken's? Thanks!

--- Original message by darkanimal on Nov 7, 2005 03:27 PM

Best way would be to email the Julian Red main site with sizing questions (waist, thigh, rise, leg opening etc) that way you'd be able to see if you fit them....because not everyone has the same waist/thigh/calves/etc proportions...The person responsible for the site is very friendly and has answered questions in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clear up a couple of things:

Tight = Cure. Same jeans. If you buy "tight" jeans off the website, the jeans you get in person will have a tag that says "CURE" on them.

The women's and men's cure jeans have no discernable differences aside from about a 1" lower rise on the women's, and the better selection of sizing.

I have a pair of women's cure jeans, size 27 (most of my jeans are 29s, my Levi's are 30s) and they fit very similarly to 29 Dior Homme jeans, but with a slightly higher rise and without the horizontal darts on the back pockets. Also, the Dior Homme jeans seem to stop tapering around 30-32", while the cures taper all the way down to the end of the seam (I believe about 36" but with a lot of variation).

Overall I'd stick with the APCs because I am sick and tired of the starved rockstar look - I moved on already.