apc tight

velvetant

My New Standards (they are called Standards on the website) fit very slim. I can't really say they fit like Dior because not all Dior's fit the same. Dior and APC are both great.

The men's tight jean (as well as all of their men's jeans) only go down to size 29. They have a woman's tight jean but available from sizes 25 to 32 but it is a lot tighter around the thighs than the men's tight jean.

i got the tight jeans [actually a cure before they changed the name], in a 28 the mens and womans are cut the same afaik.

i have tried on the DH. the leg opening on both is 19cm, and the dh have a straighter leg, so therefore it makessense thatthe apc is bigger through the leg.

teisco.gif

Edited by haptronic on Nov 5, 2005 at 09:12 PM

To answer the original question: The "tight" jeans are cut exactly like new standards from the knee up. They're more tappered from the knee down. The fit is very close to the body if you take a tight waist (they'll stretch anyway) so you can get the stereotypical dior look if you want to. They're not selvedge by the way...

Dior dry (19CM) have a lower waist and are made from lighter denim. Also, the legs might be 1-2" longer than APC tight (let's say 38" instead of 36" for the APC tight).

Quote:

To answer the original question: The "tight" jeans are cut exactly like new standards from the knee up. They're more tappered from the knee down. The fit is very close to the body if you take a tight waist (they'll stretch anyway) so you can get the stereotypical dior look if you want to. They're not selvedge by the way...

Dior dry (19CM) have a lower waist and are made from lighter denim. Also, the legs might be 1-2" longer than APC tight (let's say 38" instead of 36" for the APC tight).

--- Original message by Fuuma on Nov 6, 2005 12:28 AM

Having owned both the Dior Raw and APC New Standard, I have to comment that the two look nothing alike and I haven't found another pair that is able to replicate the style of my DH jeans.

Quote:
Quote:

Having owned both the Dior Raw and APC New Standard, I have to comment that the two look nothing alike and I haven't found another pair that is able to replicate the style of my DH jeans.

--- Original message by verb on Nov 6, 2005 12:49 AM

The denim is different but the cut is very similar from the knee up. I'd say the dior seat is a little less tri-dimentional (because you're supposed to wear it lower so it won't constrict you too much anyway). The main difference is certainly the lower waist which gives the dior a slouchy, rocker look compared to the more traditional APC. That being said just check the cut, pockets and take some measurements and you'll see two very similar jeans. I personaly think the APC NS is better value,fits a wider variety of occasions and is more timeless but I also own Dior and they're wonderful jeans too.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by verb on Nov 6, 2005 12:49 AM

New Standards are very similar to Dior from the knee up, they taper less from the knee down though. The seat is more tri-dimentional on the NS cause they're worn higher (more traditional higher rise) while the dior have a more low slung, slouchy rocker look on top. The denim is lighter/softer and maybe slightly darker on the dior dry. If you look at pockets, seams etc you'll see both are very similar and quite 501-ish. The APC are a better deal, selvedge and fit more occasions but Dior have their own charm and character.

thanks for all your messages:

the 'cure' doesn't really look that tight - perhaps 'tight' is slightly different.

with the dh jeans i guess you are all talking about the standard selvedge denim - but this around £160-200

anybody know any good alternatives?

what about the lee jeans i asked about.....

Quote:

thanks for all your messages:

the 'cure' doesn't really look that tight - perhaps 'tight' is slightly different.

with the dh jeans i guess you are all talking about the standard selvedge denim - but this around £160-200

anybody know any good alternatives?

what about the lee jeans i asked about.....

--- Original message by velvetant on Nov 6, 2005 10:56 AM

I've never seen a Dior Dry Selvage model. I'm referring to the Dior Dry which can be purchased in store for $240-260 US (depeneding on whether or not you want the Japanese denim), or for $200 approx on ebay.

Quote:

thanks.

a little bit out of my price range - any other suggestions?

out of curosity, im in London -where is the Dior dry available from?

--- Original message by velvetant on Nov 7, 2005 04:15 AM

Well what are you looking for anyway, lots of brands do "tight" jeans but they all have different characteristics.

Color?

Dry or washed?

If washed what kind of look?

Regular or longer legs (bunching up a-la dior...)?

Low rise regular?

For regular use or as an extra jeans?

Are those novelty/trying on the tight jeans look or something you'll keep for years?

budget?

Quote:

thanks.

The Acne Max (http://www.acnejeans.com) seems to have a somewhat similar cut to the dior's if you're looking for something that is slightly cheaper. I believe they run 1000SEK (approx $120 USD) and are available in dry indigo/black or a variety of washes.

I just ordered a pair in the 'cash' wash (R.I.P.) from Sweden so I'll post some pics within the next few weeks.

Edited by verb on Nov 7, 2005 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:

thanks.

The Acne Max (http://www.acnejeans.com) seems to have a somewhat similar cut to the dior's if you're looking for something that is slightly cheaper. I believe they run 1000SEK (approx $120 USD) and are available in dry indigo/black or a variety of washes.

I just ordered a pair in the 'cash' wash (R.I.P.) from Sweden so I'll post some pics within the next few weeks.

Edited by verb on Nov 7, 2005 at 09:03 AM

--- Original message by verb on Nov 7, 2005 09:02 AM

where can i get acne jeans online? i don't think they're that available in toronto.

No, their prices are fair for NA IMO. Acne has always been at the upper end of the spectrum in regards to prices in Canada or the US. $250-$300+ CDN or so is the going rate for most Acne denim over here (NA). Most of the fits however are not truly skinny, just tapered. Denim is decent enough, as is overall construction.

Quote:

dark blue

low rise

dry or washed

not too dismilar to dior homme (in terms of fit)

perhaps the apc tight would be good

--- Original message by velvetant on Nov 7, 2005 12:18 PM

Get some APC tight or Julian Red Hoboken. For something less expensive try cheap monday.

Quote:
Quote:

dark blue

low rise

dry or washed

not too dismilar to dior homme (in terms of fit)

perhaps the apc tight would be good

--- Original message by velvetant on Nov 7, 2005 12:18 PM

Get some APC tight or Julian Red Hoboken. For something less expensive try cheap monday.

--- Original message by Fuuma on Nov 7, 2005 03:02 PM

I'm a 28 waist in DH denims (19cm opening) do you think I should get a 28 waist in JR Hoboken's? Thanks!