Becks23

Raw for Women

cmboland- consider nudies?

I have not

Well shit. Looks like the best option was NF 2% stretch in 23 and TY is out.

Maybe everyone can help me find something.

Waist: 24

Thigh 8-8.5

Knee 6

Hem 5

Rise 7-8"

Can't find anything else that fits these measurements.

To bad you left it so late , you could have gotten something made from Gustin or Lawless at under $100 bucks . I guess you still could but she would not be starting from day one .

To bad you left it so late , you could have gotten something made from Gustin or Lawless at under $100 bucks . I guess you still could but she would not be starting from day one .

I don't think either company does women's

I met her when she was 10 so I've been here through all the formative years. Kind of a unique situation. My wife is 10 years older than me so there's the aspect of me being more like a friend too. My step daughter is the one who's all about it. She wants cool " fading jeans" I actually found the perfect pair. 3sixteen+ 77bsp! Just gotta get them!

i have no experience dressing children (just my adult gf) and bought 3sixteen+ jeans (which tend to range from skin tight to super form fitting) for her in part b/c they're sexy and show off and compliment her curves

it may be unique to my experience (and i know nothing about children's clothing) but it seems to me that these jeans were intended for adult women and might be inappropriate for children; i don't doubt that you're her "friend" or that she is "the one who's all about it," just that those things don't make it right and wanted to give another opinion ;)

(i'm also unfamiliar with the theory that says "all of the formative years" are ages 10-13, but i'm very curious!)

i have no experience dressing children (just my adult gf) and bought 3sixteen+ jeans (which tend to range from skin tight to super form fitting) for her in part b/c they're sexy and show off and compliment her curves

it may be unique to my experience (and i know nothing about children's clothing) but it seems to me that these jeans were intended for adult women and might be inappropriate for children; i don't doubt that you're her "friend" or that she is "the one who's all about it," just that those things don't make it right and wanted to give another opinion ;)

(i'm also unfamiliar with the theory that says "all of the formative years" are ages 10-13, but i'm very curious!)

First, do you have kids? If so do you have a daughter who's almost in high school? That would be extremely strange if I purchased clothes for her to "show off curves" but what's the difference between her buying clothes at forever 21, American eagle or HM and me buying her a pair of jeans with the exact same fit? I'm still buying her clothes either way. It's no different than if I choose to buy cheaper Levi's or a pair of 3sixteens for myself. Not that it hugs my curves but the fact that I want that specific piece of clothing.

There's absolutely no need to sexualize this and say it's any bit inappropriate. Did you buy your girlfriend those jeans because you wanted her to enjoy high quality denim like you or because you wanted to see how good she looked in them? I'm gonna go with the former.

Yeah, that's a little creepy.

I think it's cool that he's trying to get his stepdaughter into something like this, way to be a cool stepdad.

Yeah, that's a little creepy.

I think it's cool that he's trying to get his stepdaughter into something like this, way to be a cool stepdad.

Pretty damn frustrating when I'm posting on a Thread for Raws for women and I'm being told I need to dress my kid in a full length denim dress instead.

Hell, I'd go as far to say that a pair of nice denim would be better than a pair of jeans with a bunch of holes in them from some mall brand.

I'm still trying to get my girlfriend into a pair of nice jeans, but she doesn't seem to be having it. She thinks that most of the brands / model shots I've shown her look weird for one reason or another. She seemed to like the 77BSP, so that's a possibility.

I'd like to see what the Roy women's jean turns out to be.

Hell, I'd go as far to say that a pair of nice denim would be better than a pair of jeans with a bunch of holes in them from some mall brand.

I'm still trying to get my girlfriend into a pair of nice jeans, but she doesn't seem to be having it. She thinks that most of the brands / model shots I've shown her look weird for one reason or another. She seemed to like the 77BSP, so that's a possibility.

I'd like to see what the Roy women's jean turns out to be.

I never realized how serious Imogene and willie were with their cuts. Ever check that?

I never realized how serious Imogene and willie were with their cuts. Ever check that?

Haven't really thought about them, mainly because I'm not a fan of their mens stuff.

But their womens stuff looks like it could be more her speed, good tip!

I'm a big fan of the new James Rigid fit.  Have two pair and are breaking both in.  

I know that the American Rag store in Newport Beach stocks a lot of N&F for women too. Maybe they'll take phone orders since you know exactly what you're looking for.

Lawless do womens jeans not sure about Gustin but iv had thought that a company that boasts that them make fit to measure jeans it wouldn't matter , you're not going to want to get anything that is tight as they won't fit in a years time if she intends to do the full two years so my thought would be to get a more boyish cut anyway that she can grow into , she will be what 15 towards the end of the comp ,by then they will be darn tight fitting and that's about when young girls like tight fitting jeans .

Good luck , it won't be an easy decision whatever you end up buying .

@cmboland - I'd also say check out Imogene + Willie, Raleigh Denim, and Rail Car Fine Goods. And obviously 3sixteen (if you haven't already). 

I'd second the N&F recommendation. Price-wise, they're fairly competitive (if she's 13, she's gonna grow out of 'em, maybe in as little as a year or so) and fit-wise, they're bloody tiny, so that shouldn't be an issue - 24s should work, if you aren't able to get 23s.

http://nakedandfamousdenim.com/2013/06/21/the-straight-stretch-selvedge/?cat=182

Those, which I think are what we're both talking about, are a straight fit, so puritans don't have to worry about them being too figure-hugging, and also the little stretch means that when she's off doing kid stuff like running around and climbing trees and whatnot, they're going to be comfy. Sure, they're maybe not as 'pure' a raw denim as some of the other choices, but I think they're pretty practical without making too many compromises.

Edited by Strange Standards

cmboland, maybe consider some Cheap Monday jeans? They make small sizes and are inexpensive.

never even considered that

Pretty damn frustrating when I'm posting on a Thread for Raws for women and I'm being told I need to dress my kid in a full length denim dress instead.

This is just me, but I recommend getting her jeans when she actually stops growing or closer to when her growth plateaus. When I was younger, I gave a pair of size 0 PBJs to my little sister because I out grew them.

She was around 13 when I gave them to her...she also quickly outgrew them...

Was such a waste

Edited by neptunecitylocal

I'm thinking that as well.  I think she's fairly close so its probably going to be a size larger than recommended situation

This is just me, but I recommend getting her jeans when she actually stops growing or closer to when her growth plateaus. When I was younger, I gave a pair of size 0 PBJs to my little sister because I out grew them.

She was around 13 when I gave them to her...she also quickly outgrew them...

Was such a waste

I just ordered a pair of skinny fit jeans in 12 oz. Cone Mills natural denim from Lawless. I'm really excited to have finally found white selvedge skinnies. :D:blush: I hope they are delivered in time for winter here in Australia.

I was considering buying these from 3sixteen+ but I thought the lighter 9.5 oz. denim in white might not be so flattering on me.

If you're worried about the leg looking weird, note that the inseam on the 3sixteen+ are SUPER long. I am normally a 30-31 and its a 35 so they had to fold it into itself for the pic

After heavy repairs in the crotch area here's an update on some Baldwin "Ten".

It's pretty hard to repair fabric that stretches...

Type: Ten - Skinny

Worn for: 1 year, probably 5-6 months of effective wear

Washes: 5-6, first one around 3 months.

16734411590_84d5b233fb_z.jpg

16735657759_ac8aa202db_z.jpg

16714516607_43a5a3a074_z.jpg

16920850901_d859f0041c_z.jpg

Just worn for a few days, here's a pair of Viper-X021 bought in SF a couple days ago for my gf. The construction is amazing for a women's pair: back pockets rivets, back pockets reinforcements fabric, heavy weight Kuroki 14.25Oz selvedge denim, triple stitching...

Can't wait to see how these will fade.

Type: RFG Viper X021

Worn for: 3-4 days

Washes: none.

16734407460_a886f09627_z.jpg

16735654759_9714bc31d6_z.jpg

16920568542_7cf559f1e9_z.jpg

Edited by vgadjo

First, do you have kids? If so do you have a daughter who's almost in high school? That would be extremely strange if I purchased clothes for her to "show off curves" but what's the difference between her buying clothes at forever 21, American eagle or HM and me buying her a pair of jeans with the exact same fit? I'm still buying her clothes either way. It's no different than if I choose to buy cheaper Levi's or a pair of 3sixteens for myself. Not that it hugs my curves but the fact that I want that specific piece of clothing.

There's absolutely no need to sexualize this and say it's any bit inappropriate. Did you buy your girlfriend those jeans because you wanted her to enjoy high quality denim like you or because you wanted to see how good she looked in them? I'm gonna go with the former.

Got me thinking about getting a pair of real jeans for my 12 year old daughter. I'd love for her to gain an appreciation for real denim. She wears 'jeans' plenty, but always super stretchy pseudo denim blends. At 12 she's been into fashion (or clothes at least) for a couple of years or so now, and as you point out, these may well be some of the most formative years in terms of gaining some consumer consciousness, and maybe the time is right to introduce the idea of clothes that are a little more considered and require a little input from her. She's noticed the differences between her jeans and mine and is interested in the story of raw denim, so I think what you're doing is pretty cool.

As a father I also like the idea of jeans for my kids as being clothes which are cool, but NOT particularly or overtly sexualised....

i wanna smell a raw pair from one of the ladies here. crotch area pls. real talk

I ended up getting her naked and famous jeans with the exact measurements of her favorite pair and she loves them.  What i also realized is it's teaching her to be more aware of quality and respect for her things. It's something she was really excited about something "unique" and to her its special.

Got me thinking about getting a pair of real jeans for my 12 year old daughter. I'd love for her to gain an appreciation for real denim. She wears 'jeans' plenty, but always super stretchy pseudo denim blends. At 12 she's been into fashion (or clothes at least) for a couple of years or so now, and as you point out, these may well be some of the most formative years in terms of gaining some consumer consciousness, and maybe the time is right to introduce the idea of clothes that are a little more considered and require a little input from her. She's noticed the differences between her jeans and mine and is interested in the story of raw denim, so I think what you're doing is pretty cool.
As a father I also like the idea of jeans for my kids as being clothes which are cool, but NOT particularly or overtly sexualised....

Could be hard to find a decent pair that fulfills that criteria, no? The small Geisha or Balder models could fit, but would be too expensive for a 12 year old. And the cheaper brands mostly focus on tight cuts. (Besides, the N&F patch alone would not match the last criteria).

Edited by Max Power

Could be hard to find a decent pair that fulfills that criteria, no? The small Geisha or Balder models could fit, but would be too expensive for a 12 year old. And the cheaper brands mostly focus on tight cuts. (Besides, the N&F patch alone would not match the last criteria).

i got her these http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/naked-and-famous-womens/products/naked-famous-denim-the-skinny-raw-stretch-selvedge