Raw for Women

Becks23

Anyone know what size xx/yy or where I can find jeans that go up to size 12 for women

Jean Shop offers size 12 in women's straight leg selvedge and what they call the Men's Slim Fit was originally a unisex fit that comes in a size 30 and 31 which convert to a 12 and 14 respectively.

Huh, I wear a size 30 (between 29 and 31 depending on fit) in non-stretch jeans, but I'm a US 8, sometimes even 6. Or so I thought...

This, so hard. Because of my hips, I've even had to size up to 33 to fit them in non-stretch, men's cut raw denim. But in normal women's jeans I am a 6 or 8.

This, so hard. Because of my hips, I've even had to size up to 33 to fit them in non-stretch, men's cut raw denim. But in normal women's jeans I am a 6 or 8.

It's a pain... I don't have one single pair of jeans that fit too snug in the waist. For me if it's not the thighs, then it's the ass or the hips.

• 3 weeks later...

Spring time and Raw for Womens thread has been dead! Thought I'd take a little time out this morning here the the workshop to snap a few pictures to get it rolling again.

Cel004_zps77f92dba.jpg

Cel005_zpsfd9d8afa.jpg

Cel006_zpsbe7de5b7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Went through a few pages, and I see some brands like Railcar, N&F, Sam Geishas, a few FH, PBJ, Momo's. A lot of those can be found on BiG's and Railcar's site...but what are other sites/places to look at? Not local to the big denim areas (e.g. Cali/NYC), so it'd have to be online. Don't think a men's cut sized down would work for my GF as she's small - jeans are like a 23/24 and she's only 5'2". Hips, thighs, and butt are all small, suggestions? Gonna try and measure a pair of her jeans eventually to compare.

Went through a few pages, and I see some brands like Railcar, N&F, Sam Geishas, a few FH, PBJ, Momo's. A lot of those can be found on BiG's and Railcar's site...but what are other sites/places to look at? Not local to the big denim areas (e.g. Cali/NYC), so it'd have to be online. Don't think a men's cut sized down would work for my GF as she's small - jeans are like a 23/24 and she's only 5'2". Hips, thighs, and butt are all small, suggestions? Gonna try and measure a pair of her jeans eventually to compare.

My wife has a few pairs of Imogen & Willie's and their customer service is top notch. We live in Alaska so it's all about finding good vendors to work with.  I & W go down to 23 waist plus they look Ah-mazing on her. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

RAW FOR WOMEN! Something new for the thread. This is a repost from the Railcar Fine Goods thread I just posted. Wanted to get the info up on here too. Thanks!

Railcar new release! Railcar women's selvedge cuffed cutoff shorts! Its not a Viper or Spikes fit cut up. Its a completely new fit. It has a slightly shorter rise then the Viper with larger thigh openings so its not skin tight. Also the seat area is a little looser as well. They will be up on our site tomorrow for sale. Just in time for Summer. Its made of, what we call our X001 denim, 13.5 ounce 100% cotton Cone Mills red line selvedge. Raw so it should have nice whiskering wears and fades. Only $128

ambershorts004_zps1f09fcc3.jpg

ambershorts005_zpsba0fbd0f.jpg

ambershorts003_zps286a406e.jpg

Hey, sorry, I have posted this in a couple different threads now, but I am in Tokyo for a couple more days now and I have been searching like crazy to try to find the Skull Jeans shop. The address I found was in Harajuku and it has moved. Does anyone have any info? I have seriously been searching like crazy!

Also could anyone recomend any other Japanese raw denim that I might be into or that they like? I fell in love when I saw the Linda, I am just too worried about the fit since I am not quite built like a Japanese girl.

RAW FOR WOMEN! Something new for the thread. This is a repost from the Railcar Fine Goods thread I just posted. Wanted to get the info up on here too. Thanks!

Railcar new release! Railcar women's selvedge cuffed cutoff shorts! Its not a Viper or Spikes fit cut up. Its a completely new fit. It has a slightly shorter rise then the Viper with larger thigh openings so its not skin tight. Also the seat area is a little looser as well. They will be up on our site tomorrow for sale. Just in time for Summer. Its made of, what we call our X001 denim, 13.5 ounce 100% cotton Cone Mills red line selvedge. Raw so it should have nice whiskering wears and fades. Only $128

ambershorts004_zps1f09fcc3.jpg

ambershorts005_zpsba0fbd0f.jpg

ambershorts003_zps286a406e.jpg

Hey, I like those, do you do a 36 w ?

Hey, sorry, I have posted this in a couple different threads now, but I am in Tokyo for a couple more days now and I have been searching like crazy to try to find the Skull Jeans shop. The address I found was in Harajuku and it has moved. Does anyone have any info? I have seriously been searching like crazy!

Also could anyone recomend any other Japanese raw denim that I might be into or that they like? I fell in love when I saw the Linda, I am just too worried about the fit since I am not quite built like a Japanese girl.

What do you like about the Linda?

It's a tough cut.  If you look back you will see ladies giving up on it.  Mostly when they try to fight the fit too much imo.  Forgive me for saying something so corny, but if you fight it it will fight back.  It's the real shit, full cotton heavier denim.

As far as advice, my wife has a pair of Linda and a pair of PBJ 005 and loves both.  Aside from the higher rise, the 005 are a direct fit to the Linda on her.

BiG has a pair of size 0 left and if they will work for you and you really want them I would suggest grabbing those right now.

• 3 weeks later...

trying to get my gf a pair of raws jeans, just wondering if anyone knows of a bootuct besides n&f  "the boot" which costs ~200 or less? or am I SOL?all of the chatter in this thread about boot cut is from like 2007 so a lot of those models dont exist anymore.  also can anyone comment how stretch denim fades compared to 100% cotton? thanks.

seen those. the geishas cost too much so i kinda want to stay away from those, and I'm wondering how the stretchy denim will fade. any ideas?

edit- just talked to her, i think we might try the railcar vipers or pbj's (not bootcut, i know) and see how she likes them. if she doesnt she can always just send them back i guess

Edited by jmfr

trying to get my gf a pair of raws jeans, just wondering if anyone knows of a bootuct besides n&f  "the boot" which costs ~200 or less? or am I SOL?all of the chatter in this thread about boot cut is from like 2007 so a lot of those models dont exist anymore.  also can anyone comment how stretch denim fades compared to 100% cotton? thanks.

Hey buddy. Railcar makes the viper 001 which is 100% cotton for $198 also they make the 12oz 2% stretch 98% cotton viper 003 for the same price. My wife owns the 003 and loves them. Railcar is an amazing company. Give steven a call at the shop tomorrow and talk to him!

• 1 month later...

My gf is a big fan of my jeans and I'd like to get her into raw denim, but I have no idea what would fit her. She is small but has big hips. Probably something like the fit here in there tube kellys http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=614

Know of any other brands that offer a similar fit? Probably would need to have some sort of stretch in them, as well. Also somewhere in the SF bay area would be idea so she could try them on first.

My gf is a big fan of my jeans and I'd like to get her into raw denim, but I have no idea what would fit her. She is small but has big hips. Probably something like the fit here in there tube kellys http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=614

Know of any other brands that offer a similar fit? Probably would need to have some sort of stretch in them, as well. Also somewhere in the SF bay area would be idea so she could try them on first.

Rail car viper x003

Those look awesome but I think she's curvier than that.

Honestly the 3 will stretch and they will also customize the measurements. They're super courteous (took us 3 pairs to find one) and will go through huge lengths to make them perfect

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am trying to find some denim for my girlfriend. We went to Self Edge SF yesterday to try out some and the pair she liked was the 3sixteen+ 77BSP. She said they fit well but could fit even better. She has quite skinny legs, the 3sixteens she tried on was a size 26. She tried on Nudies but since she is skinny and the big back pockets of Nudies make her butt look weird. Which other brands/fit could you guys recommend similar to the 77BSP?

We are planning to visit a boutique called Azalea, recommended by Ginno at Self Edge and look for more denim as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...