Raw for Women

Becks23

I believe that's the first 1088 fit I've ever seen. It does look like a really nice fit. Did I miss any here or is that the first in the thread? The stretch in them probably explains their general absence here on sufu. I'm not trying to be critical by saying that. The pic is dark but from what I can see I do like the fit.

Ladies, I know I owe you pics long-ago promised. The wife has a new pair of PBJ 005 that are great on her, to add to the list of pics I need to get done for you. Her size measured out in perfect symmetry with her Lindas, aside from the jump in rise. The fly material is causing a little concern. No dick bulge or anything, but the outer fabric has a little trouble laying flat.

So I'm kinda new at this and I'm looking for advice... Ive been trying to find a pair of raws for about 6 months. I've bought 2 pairs and had to return both because they were too small. I'm hesitant to order another pair but I really want to try raw denim. I'm so tired of my jeans right now and the quality. My problem is most of the raw denim I am seeing is either a skinny style or made for people that are a 24-27 waist. I am not built like that (unfortunately) and all of my current jeans (not raw) range in sizes from 30-32(true religions are size 32, joes are size 31, R&R size 30). I am shaped more like an hourglass so I have large hips and a smaller waist. The 2 pairs I tried looked like they would fit my legs fine but I couldn't even pull them past my hips so there was no way I was going to fit into them. Both were sizes 31. There isn't a store in my town that sells raw denim for women so unfortunately I can't try them on before I buy them. Any sizing advice or recommended brands/styles for someone like me would be greatly appreciated! Not sure if they even make raw denim for people like me or not. Or if I'm sizing wrong. I am a size medium in tops and in bottoms I'm larger but I would never have considered myself "plus size" but trying on raw denim sure makes me feel that way! Lol

Edited by Yupitsme

Yupitsme, I had exactly the same problem--I have a very low waist-to-hip ratio (very wide, curvy hips) but wanted to get into raw denim as my very slender, tall boyfriend is really into it. I usually wear sizes ranging from 28-29 in regular jeans.

We were in LA visiting his family over the holidays so he brought me to the APC store first (which is where he got his first two pairs), which was kind of a horrible experience seeing as those jeans seem to be straighter cut. They look awesome on slender men and women with straight hips, but I couldn't fit into anything close to my normal size and just barely squeezed into a size 33 (they looked awful!).

Not to be discouraged, we paid a visit to the American Rag Cie down the street from SELA (wanted as wide a selection as possible both in fits and in price, wasn't looking to spend more than $200 on my first pair of raws). I tried on a pair of Naked and Famous "The Straight" Stretch Selvedge first and honestly, I tried on a bunch of other jeans following including Railcar, Nudies and Raleigh Denim and found that these fit my body shape the best. The stretch is very slight which I liked since that's normally a big pet peeve of mine but it made it fit over my curves. I have to say they were REALLY tight when I bought them but now that I've worn them every day for about a month they fit pretty comfortably with no muffin top and they haven't stretched out too much. I love them and I want to live in them :3

http://tateandyoko.com/Naked-Famous-The-Straight-Stretch-Selvedge.html

They have them on Tate and Yoko if you want to check them out. I got them in a size 31, which I thought odd since I feel like people say to size down in raw denim, but I wouldn't have gone smaller in retrospect. I wish I had some fit pics--when I visit my bf in a couple of weekends I can get some so you can see how they look. Good luck, hope this helps a little!

Thank you Mike on autopilot, that is good to know. I am thinking about a straight fit. Definitely nothing skinny or nothing that is labeled as "straight" that looks like a skinny. I wouldn't mind bootcut (as long as it's not flared looking) but I know that's hard to find. I will keep what you said in mind.

Adventuretime - Thank you for the advice! I am terrified to try a jean with stretch but what you said is making me consider it. T&T does not have the ones you were talking about in my size right now but I might check back in a few days. It's great to know you found a pair that fit! I wasn't sure if I was the only one. I'm not ready to give up the hunt quite yet (although it has been 6 months!)

On a side note, I am going to Vegas next month. Does anyone know of any stores that sell womens raw denim there? There aren't any stores that carry it where I live so I can never try anything on. If there's a store there that carries it then I would definitely make a trip to check it out.

You're welcome! They might be a little tough to find since they are new releases. I found this website that seems to have more sizes available, but yeah it might be a waiting game because who knows how many they produced on their first run: http://www.dutildenim.com/products/naked-famous-the-straight-in-stretch-selvedge.

I don't know any stores in Vegas but I would try any high-end stores like Barney's or Bloomingdale's. Good luck! I feel like the hardest part of it for us curvier women is that it's tough to make a call without trying them on. Like I'm already planning my next pair (maybe will do a PBJ contest against my bf lol) but I am wary of it because I wouldn't be able to try them on ahead of time most likely (I live in Central Illinois). Good news is, once you find a pair that fits and molds to your body, you have a better chance of pulling off measurements from it that will actually help you buy online. Don't give up--the feeling of wearing raw denim is totally worth finding the right pair.

I have decided to try either 3sixteens for my first pair or FH Balders. I have larger hips so I don't think the PBJs would work well for me and I'd try studio D' but I don't want a low rise and I think they only make low rise? I would consider sling & stones but having short legs and larger hips I think the way the back is designed it would look funny on me. But they do look great on people with a slimmer figure! Anyways... Does anyone know a place where I can get FH Balders or 3sixteens online other than SE? I would buy them there but they only have an exchange/store credit policy and im worried if I don't like them I will be stuck with a store credit. Nudies are out of the question for me and skinnies are too so that only leaves me with 2 options from SE and being a girl it's hard to find a good fit! I just dont want to spend that much $ and get nothing out of it incase the jeans dont look good on me. Any and all suggestions are welcome :)

Hey just browsing through here and figured I would share a little of my fit info on my Railcar Fine Goods x001's. I initially ordered apc petite standards and upon arrival I was just not very impressed so they had to go back. After a little research and some very helpful suggestions from Steven (at railcar) himself I decided upon the viper x001's. Since I was ordering online (from a very small town in Ky) I had a ton of questions about fit specs, considering most selvedge brands aren't very women friendly. I'm a fairly slender build, approx 5"6 , 120-125 lbs. I generally wear a 26 in denim, but this was my first pair of selvedge and I was aware that I would most likely have to size up. I ended up with a 28 and they fit perfectly! They are starting to loosen a little (about 2 months in) but I'm sure after my first soak they will fit even more beautifully. I don't have any pics on hand but I'll be sure and post some progress! Hope this helps out!

Hello all - my girlfriend is after a new denim skirt and I was wondering if anyone knows of any companies that do a raw denim skirt? (so she can play fades with me) The only one that I've seen so far is the APC mini skirt but she thinks that it looks too short - so I'm looking for more of a 'regular' length.

Cheers!

Edited by theotherchrislewis

Hey Steff, thinking about getting these for my wife. any sizing advice? size up? size down? they stretch much? etc. The fit look's like something she would wear. thanks!

Hey!

These definitely run incredibly small. I listened to kayodic's advice to size up. They are so unforgiving in the thighs and have a low rise.

I'm usually a 24/25 but even the 27 was horrible at first. I actually put them on the back burner for quite a while. I ended up losing a few pounds once I moved out though so the 27 was fine, but still very snug. I'd definitely recommend sizing up at least 2, and check the measurements on Blue in Green carefully. So far in terms of stretch, I've only had them stretch a little around the waist. The thighs are still as tight as ever! Hope that helps.

Had some time to go out for lunch today with my gf. She's breaking her new Viper X001 in. 100% cotton non-stretch. Only about 1 month of wear. Thought Id share some pics.

tawny06_zpsda604cb1.jpg

tawny05_zps60f8fa36.jpg

tawny04_zps0ced429b.jpg

'

nice.fit...+ those boot are awesome..digging it. I wish my wife like to wear boots instead of pump & flat shoe.

Hey!

These definitely run incredibly small. I listened to kayodic's advice to size up. They are so unforgiving in the thighs and have a low rise.

I'm usually a 24/25 but even the 27 was horrible at first. I actually put them on the back burner for quite a while. I ended up losing a few pounds once I moved out though so the 27 was fine, but still very snug. I'd definitely recommend sizing up at least 2, and check the measurements on Blue in Green carefully. So far in terms of stretch, I've only had them stretch a little around the waist. The thighs are still as tight as ever! Hope that helps.

Pics of my Naked & Famous The Straight Stretch Selvedge:

pF47Vhv.jpg

Xpveksj.jpg

Worn pretty much every day since 12/31/12. No soaks or washes yet.

I've had those dunks for forever! Waiting on a new short Frye boot in the mail that hopefully my cuffs will fit over :)

Edited by adventuretime