Becks23

Raw for Women

3,179 posts in this topic

Hm...nice to see Railcar is explaining clearly and simply, what seems to be arcane and byzantine to many people.

My wife is slowly elevating her style. I got her into some women's Evisu Heritage. These would be the "inspired" version of the stuff with the embroidered brushstrokes. It's non-selvedge stretch but the details and nods to the dope shit are awfully cute. They crock, the center belt loop is skewed, coin pocket stitching/detail is legit, they have lots of vertical character to the weave, and the pockets are faux-stitched for hidden rivets (no rivets though). I'll try to get pics but she's shy.

Does anyone have some suggestions for something cut like the APC PS but with a lower rise? The fit is great, but the rise is annoying. Two inches lower would be perfect. I had a pair of S&S (Naomi, I think? Bought many years ago when they were making a run of organic/natural indigo) and the fit on these was even better than the PS (at least when I was standing still), but the rise was so low I had to stop wearing them. Railcar's look great, but after getting burned on the S&S, I'm wary of anything I can't try on first.

Budget is thin, but I'm open to stretching it for the perfect pair.

Edited by scoutoutfinch

^afaik steven from railcar will do bigger size by request. based on my experience size 31 viper can fit women who wear mens jeans in size 32-33.

jyoni; would love to see your wife's fit :)

scoutoutfinch; Viper rise is in between APC PS and Naomi, think it will fit you well... if you live in cali, you can drop by some stores that carry railcar and try em on yourself.

I just bought my lady a pair of the N&F super skinny girl in rich blue.

Gonna surprise her tomorrow. Will try to get some pix.

gonna take some shots of my girls 99BSP's when she gets into town tonight they are probably at around a year of wear. I think she has washed them once, although she doesn't wear them too rough. I love the fit on her, dem pockets!

I just bought my lady a pair of the N&F super skinny girl in rich blue.

Gonna surprise her tomorrow. Will try to get some pix.

i've got these as well. the fit is awesome and the colour is beautiful, however they are ridiculously low-rise. my plan is to wear the shit out of them this summer. i'll see if i can figure out how to post some pics later.

Hi all! Here is a preview of one of the styles for N+F FW2012 collection. I decided to start wearing them on Feb 29th and hopefully I'll get some nice fades after wearing them everyday for a few months.

This style is The Skinny in Indigo Power Stretch.

Can't wait for everyone to see the entirely relaunched women's line coming out for Fall!

indigopowerstretch_march_20_back.jpg

indigopowerstretch_march_20_front.jpg

^you wont be disappointed... i've been wearing my vipers and they're awesome :)

yeah, nudies are vanity size. 32"/33" inseam will give you quite amount of stackings if you're only 5'0, imo 35" inseam is way too much...

i dont have any experience with 3sixteen but if you wear tlj in size 24, you can also wear viper in size 24.

this is general explanation of how to size ladies jeans (think it can be applied to other brands as well)

379383_309072502450152_126893790668025_1121605_194282344_n.jpg

thanks! that makes sense.. but are pure blue japan's vanity sized as well then?

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Steven RFG, March 22, 2012 - No reason given

thanks! that makes sense.. but are pure blue japan's vanity sized as well then?

Depends on the brand. Some brands do their tag size as actual waistband measurements in inches (mostly mens jeans). And some base their tag size to the bodys actual waist line (about the bellybutton line).

As for us we base the tag size at the bodys true waist line. And make the actual measurement of what waistband the best fitting for that particular rise for that style of jeans, for that size.

Example: Our Railcar Donna fit is a higher rise then our Viper fit. So the Donna will have a smaller actual waistband measurement then the viper. But both will be still tagged the same. This way if your a tag size 27 in a Donna, you'll be a tag size in a Viper.

Not all brands do it this way. Check Pure Blue Japans spec sheet to see their specs to see how they size.

Edited by Steven RFG

I got my girlfriend a pair of naomi's that shes had hemmed and tapered.

WP_000021.jpg

WP_000020.jpg

Does anyone know how much the super skinny girl with spandex will actually stretch?

I got my girl a sz 26. She measures a 29 or 30 waist. She can get them on but they are tight as hell.

mine stretched enough. when i first got them they were uncomfortably tight, but now they're fine.

I do like the name. Wow :laugh:

kayodic I will get some photos soon. She wants to send them off to BiG for a hem. Oh yeah, that's another "cute" detail added to the open-end stretch of those: a chainstitch.

^you wont be disappointed... i've been wearing my vipers and they're awesome :)

yeah, nudies are vanity size. 32"/33" inseam will give you quite amount of stackings if you're only 5'0, imo 35" inseam is way too much...

i dont have any experience with 3sixteen but if you wear tlj in size 24, you can also wear viper in size 24.

this is general explanation of how to size ladies jeans (think it can be applied to other brands as well)

379383_309072502450152_126893790668025_1121605_194282344_n.jpg

How's the inseam for the viper x001?

http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RWJVIPERX001

I can't seem to find the inseam measurements..

my Viper X001

538522_212528968863471_100003191073620_322576_783349015_n.jpg

with button-fly

Fitpics

579434_213697112079990_100003191073620_325216_1330719956_n.jpg

yes i wear heels on purpose, and HOPE it looks good ENOUGH so that more girls will get into raw denim

even if the denimbros yell NAY....

Edited by nachtelijk

Hmmm, you planning on hemming those? Something about the combo seems off; maybe a sleeker fit on the jeans would unify it a little. The heels are pretty badass, though.

How's the inseam for the viper x001?

http://www.railcarfi...de=RWJVIPERX001

I can't seem to find the inseam measurements..

Thanks! We are in the middle of updating our spec tab on our site right now. But For sizes 24 25 26 the inseam are 31 inches and for 26 27 28 29 30 31 the inseams are 33 inches. Please let me know if you have any other questions. The Vipers fit true to tag size pretty snug. Sizing down is not necessary. Viper true to size should be snug enough to compensate for the break in molding.

They can even be sized up on for just a bit of a relaxed fit with out rear waistband gapping problems.

Posted · Hidden by angelachanny, April 10, 2012 - No reason given

x-post

back from the grave

7063081505_048732e909_c.jpg

FH Balders tag sz24, tapered but never hemmed, had them for a couple of years now (I think) and has had quite a few washes.

x-post

back from the grave

7063081505_048732e909_c.jpg

FH Balders tag sz24, tapered but never hemmed, had them for a couple of years now (I think) and has had quite a few washes.

did you get the jacket from some army surplus store? i've been looking to get one hehe. jeans look great.

hey my friend is looking to buy her first pair of raw denim, but i'm not too knowledgeable on raw denim for women, hence my asking in this thread :). she's looking for something with a high rise, slim to skinny cut, something similar to nudies high kais, but she wants a few more options. any recommendations? thanks :D

sling and stones! balders!

i think those PBJs have a pretty low/regular rise don't they? i might be wrong :)