Becks23

Raw for Women

You definitely know what fits work for you! Yeah the Vixen fit isnt for everyone. X023 is leaning towards the heavier side of fabrics so maybe it was a little harsh. A lighter fabric would have draped and sat differently on the hip. We did have a Viper fit, it is designed for girls who have more of a straight body, lower rise as well. We pushed it to the side to see how this Vixen fit would do and girls seem to like it a lot, although we do get a lot of old time customers requesting this slimmer fit. We are going to relaunch that fit soon it might be the fit for you. I will post about it more when it is all set and done. Hope I at least helped shed some info about our fits! :)

I don't think it was the weight...I mean my favorite samurai geishas are very heavy too (16oz) but they match my shape. I think I learned how to avoid this problem next time by looking at the measurements especially the back rise ... and a picture of the jeans folded with a back pocket visible so I can see if the tailbone area is curved or flat   :)  The jeans that fit me the best are all low rise in the front, low rise in the back, very flat where the yoke meets the butt, with a smaller than average waist compared to the thighs. 

Edited by machine-language

These are Japan Blue 1169 Skinny Stitch from Denimio.com and they do not yet button.  It's fine though lol ...I'm sure they will button soon enough.

They are cute...I like them :)  Only $77.  Not selvedge.  but I like them a lot.  I got them because the waist/thigh/rise measurements looked right up my alley; low rise in front and back, and a smaller waist compared to the thighs.  I think I like these marginally better than my Baldwin Ten skinnies.  because the slightly angled back pockets are cute and also because the upper butt is cut less generously and more flat.  Baldwin Ten size 25 has a little bit of convexity in the upper butt that I don't need, and a higher back rise than I need; it's not bad but I think these will match my shape better (after I get them to button!)

5tPOSj5.jpg

82XIw8O.jpg

IYnoBAR.jpg

e5Sk8xl.jpg

Now they can zip and button (Japan Blue 1169).  They were stubborn... felt like they weren't stretching at all for a few days.  I wondered if I should have gotten size 27.  I slept in them once - then they could button the next morning.  Rise/thighs/waistband all stretched a little bit, and it was just barely enough.  And I like the snug fit so I'm glad I got the 26 instead of the 27 :) 

I like these a lot; good match on my shape.  The little knotwood bug tag is cute too :) 

ICFdNqv.jpg

EKCSeAM.jpg

nNI28kj.jpg

FNdpsFP.jpg

Recently Railcar released a 23 ounce in the Spikes fit. Working closely with Steven we decided to make one in our women's Vixen cut! I had him make me a size up from my normal Railcar size which is 27. The size 28s fit me perfect! Snug as hell, but I know if i would have gone for a 29 it wouldnt not have worked for me. I rather wear this snug and stretch it out as much as I can resulting in a better fit at the end. I have been wearing this as much as I can, its been about 2 weeks total and they are already easier to put on than the first time I tried it! Steven had to help me pull the two panels together to get it buttoned, but after a few hours of wearing it and having to rebutton after using the ladies room multiple times throughout the day I noticed the fabric relaxed and started to mold to my body.

First time trying it on. Felt some pressure on the top block area, but relaxed after a day or two (which I admit probably has to do with my booty haha) 

IMG_3373.jpg.b9ad288b92abd119accd8a0d628c7c1a.jpg

About 2 weeks into trying to break them in. We took these shots a few days ago. I am not going to soak these for a while. The fabric broke in bit and molded to my body shape. Back of the knees are starting to crease and getting some honeycomb fades which I am very excited about! 

IMG_3916.thumb.jpg.b916c846a7d42b99982b69ba83ce26b4.jpg

The geometry of our Vixen cut is made with a curved in waistband so we did not have a problem with waistband gaping. 

IMG_3918.thumb.jpg.0f4ed29d4a8328fc90c09e8e7e474ccc.jpg

Overall I am having fun seeing the results day by day and I am going to continue to wear it as much as possible! Will keep you updated. 

IMG_3927.thumb.jpg.6662282a15d6f652caf51ab897326970.jpg

IMG_4057.thumb.jpg.d2a8a6f6115603da2e48420937ed4a20.jpg

Edited by Taylor_RFG

Thanks for posting Taylor! I'm looking forward to seeing how you go with them. Really tempted, but I'm not 100% sure what my normal Vixen size is (I've just grown out of a pair!) so I'm going to hold off for now. Your pair is making me rethink though!

On 1/17/2017 at 3:38 AM, machine-language said:

Now they can zip and button (Japan Blue 1169).  They were stubborn... felt like they weren't stretching at all for a few days.  I wondered if I should have gotten size 27.  I slept in them once - then they could button the next morning.  Rise/thighs/waistband all stretched a little bit, and it was just barely enough.  And I like the snug fit so I'm glad I got the 26 instead of the 27 :) 

I like these a lot; good match on my shape.  The little knotwood bug tag is cute too :) 

These look great, nice fit. I like the look of Japan Blue's but haven't tried them yet so thanks for posting. 

I noticed that Denimio has a new listing for Samurai Geishas....so tempted if I can get the sizing sorted! How are your Geishas going?

@Rika

yes, I've had 4 pairs of N and F

skinny Girl Glow in the Dark

skinny Girl rich blue stretch(mystery pair!!!)

leggy girl cashmere stretch

leggy girl super Slub stretch

basically,,you get what you pay for..

theyre fun, gimmicky jeans at reasonable prices

unfortunately, the cut that fit me best, leggy girl was discontinued..

but don't get them if you're looking for a long term project as I never got a pair to wear as far as a year even!

On 10/03/2017 at 9:06 PM, blaewen_blue said:

These look great, nice fit. I like the look of Japan Blue's but haven't tried them yet so thanks for posting. 

I noticed that Denimio has a new listing for Samurai Geishas....so tempted if I can get the sizing sorted! How are your Geishas going?

sorry I just saw this question but yes I still love my samurai geishas :)  they fade fast. They also stretch a lot during breakin.  I am most comfortable in a size that was impossible to button on day 1 (because they stretched so much - not just the width but also the rise and the thighs).   I wore mine with a 2" waistband extender at first and then after a few weeks it felt almost too loose on me.  I am usually a denim size 27 and the geisha size 2 is perfect for me.  my body shape is mostly just wide hip bones compared to everything else and the geisha matches that shape very well. 

Here are my raw 3sixteen+577bsp Cone Mills natural Pima cotton jeans

image.jpeg

Not raw,M but my best fitting jeans are my Diesel 0674K super skinny mid rise Skinzee

image.jpeg

Too big, because I've lost weight since the fitting, but

bespoke 14oz Japan a Blue Group double indigo jeans with tonal stitching and gunmetal hardware 

either I'll grow, or if I can't(I'm sick), they can redo the legs for me

image.jpeg

Put the new jeans to soak after day 4, Shock!

put on 3sixteens and they've shrunk loads, tight on the hips

might have to change if they don't soften up during the day as I feel sick..

image.jpeg

They do look good-I wish I could do that with my Momotaros, but they're too big to wear,

ironically the too big 14oz jeans weren't preshrunk and are now too short,,I can't wear them until ive tried to get a refund, and if they shrink again I'll not be able to wear them at all!

now for summer I'm stuck in 2 non raw Diesels until I fill out..

i cancelled the order for the 4 other pairs and just hope I get my money back but I've no idea what I'll be wearing next winter! 

image.jpeg

some Baldwin Ten fades ...I rotated jeans a little bit but wore this pair most of the winter. I got them in September and wore them about 80% of the time...no washes yet but I wonder if it's time. 

20170521_135343.jpg

20170521_135311.jpg

20170521_135318.jpg

IMO, they can benefit from a bit more wear before a full wash.  Maybe, a warm/hot soak to rein in the material in, then wear thru summer.

Wearing non raw for summer-Diesel Skinzee and Skinzee low zip in 0674K

back to raws for winter 2017/18 with my Momotaros and bespoke Collect Mill 14oz double indigo jeans

was tempted to pick up shadow denim from N and F, but they don't do their Leggy Girl any more, and Skinny Girl doesn't fit as well..

plus I just ordered 21 shirts, boots, gloves, coat, Reline leather parka with shearling etc etc !

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That coat looks fabulous Mojique :)

RE: Baldwin Ten washing, I was ready to keep wearing them for the rest of the summer without washing yet.... they're a little looser than I want but it's not too bad.... and then I was wearing them just now and something BIT me on my leg inside the jeans!  I think it was a mosquito.  But anyway I am back to wanting to wash them now unless anyone has a better idea.  Ugh.  If I wait I will have mental images of bugs every time I put them on.

Depends how dirty/stink, if they are not too bad I'd warn soak like metallic said

You could give them a coo/ warm soak and see how you go. I'm much more relaxed about washing mine these days - if I feel like it I do! None of my pairs have exploded yet, so, fingers crossed ;)

They look really good, how do you like the fit?

Baldwin Ten size 27 fit a little loose but not too bad.  Like most jeans they have a little too much convexity for me in the tailbone/SI joint area where my body shape is wide and flat - but not as bad as some other jeans I've tried, and if my shirt is long enough to cover that part, then it doesn't bother me. Baldwin ten sizing is weird. I have the 25 and 27.....27 feels just a little too big everywhere. 25 is perfect in the legs but too loose in the upper butt and waist, and that feels like an awkward combination.  25 is also more convex in the tailbone area.  So I've been wearing the 27 a lot more.

I get compliments from random strangers if I wear them with strappy high heel wedges ...oddly not as many compliments in the colder months when I wore them tucked into Frye knee high boots although I love that combination too. Maybe people are just less talkative in cold weather.

Today wore them with Barneys Fania platform wedges which I love so much ...so comfortable even though the heel is high. Rolled up a little more than usual trying not to stain my shoes blue :)

image.jpeg

Both combos looks great! When you say you have trouble with them being to convex - do you get bunching at the back, above your tailbone? I get this but just assumed the back rise was too high. I'll have to measure a couple of pairs now and see how different they are.

I find sizing stretch pairs tricky actually - I recently ordered a pair of Naked and Famous Indigo x Natural Indigo Slub Stretch Selvedge and they started out perfect (that should have been a  warning sign!) and now they fit looser all over than I would like. I'm going to hot soak them and see if that helps. If not, I'll have a comfy 'round the house' pair!

Edited by blaewen_blue

On 6/7/2017 at 3:45 AM, blaewen_blue said:

Both combos looks great! When you say you have trouble with them being to convex - do you get bunching at the back, above your tailbone? I get this but just assumed the back rise was too high. I'll have to measure a couple of pairs now and see how different they are.

I find sizing stretch pairs tricky actually - I recently ordered a pair of Naked and Famous Indigo x Natural Indigo Slub Stretch Selvedge and they started out perfect (that should have been a  warning sign!) and now they fit looser all over than I would like. I'm going to hot soak them and see if that helps. If not, I'll have a comfy 'round the house' pair!

sizing has been tricky for me too ... after some trial and error, my rule of thumb is on day 1 I should be genuinely worried that maybe I bought a size too small.  Not just super-tight on day 1 ... I should be completely unable to button or zip it.  And unable to pull it all the way up my thighs (maybe an inch too low).  And the waist should be several inches away from buttoning since it's sitting too low.  I should be worried if it could possibly stretch that much. Then later it's fine.

The upper butt convexity issue does look like bunching on me...a horizontal fold of extra fabric across the upper butt.  I need both the lower back rise and the flatness to fix it. I basically need the exact kind of jeans that other people's upper butt would fall out of if they sat :) 

If I read something like "the rear waistband is curved in the back to avoid a gap when sitting" then have to run in the other direction because I know it will be too curvy for my upper butt to match it :)  

I have to avoid this curved upper butt shape:

593b58c827ead_convexupperbutt.jpg.b23b160e07159a3bce5feb2bd486a714.jpg

I have to look for this instead:

folded_jeans_back1.jpg.7942eb87eda59bf4ab9c10d2c6dcc353.jpg

flat triangular folded shape + low front rise + low back rise + smaller than average waistband + wider than average thigh = very likely to fit me.

Samurai Geisha and Momotaro 8005SP are two jeans that fit me very well from thigh to waist without any problem.  Baldwin Ten is pretty close but a tiny bit too curved in the upper butt.  Railcar Vixen had the most convex upper butt of all the jeans i tried so that one definitely wasn't for me.  

That's interesting - I hadn't checked that before, I assumed it was just the rear rise length which was the issue! I can see what you mean now though with a few of my pairs. I have the Vixens but they were honestly always a bit too small, so the rise wasn't high enough for me to have the 'bunching' problem. 

With my first few pairs I was trying to get the same skinny fit I had with the stretch jeans I previously owned - just with raw denim.  I wear both of my current pairs - Momotaro GL005s and Tellasons -  looser than I wore previous pairs, so I don't notice the bunching issue anymore. The Tellasons are a bit roomier around the waist but I always wear a belt so it's not a problem. 

Have you tried the Flathead Balders at all? Quite a low rise and really nice denim.

On 6/10/2017 at 0:35 PM, machine-language said:

sizing has been tricky for me too ... after some trial and error, my rule of thumb is on day 1 I should be genuinely worried that maybe I bought a size too small.  Not just super-tight on day 1 ... I should be completely unable to button or zip it.  And unable to pull it all the way up my thighs (maybe an inch too low).  And the waist should be several inches away from buttoning since it's sitting too low.  I should be worried if it could possibly stretch that much. Then later it's fine.

And I have to say thank you for this - it inspired me to try on a pair of Flathead I've had for a while but stupidly shrank though washing (stupid rookie mistake!). I jammed them on this morning and by the end of today they're doable, hopefully after tomorrow they'll be pretty good. My thumbs might never be the same though ;)

14 hours ago, blaewen_blue said:

That's interesting - I hadn't checked that before, I assumed it was just the rear rise length which was the issue! I can see what you mean now though with a few of my pairs. I have the Vixens but they were honestly always a bit too small, so the rise wasn't high enough for me to have the 'bunching' problem. 

With my first few pairs I was trying to get the same skinny fit I had with the stretch jeans I previously owned - just with raw denim.  I wear both of my current pairs - Momotaro GL005s and Tellasons -  looser than I wore previous pairs, so I don't notice the bunching issue anymore. The Tellasons are a bit roomier around the waist but I always wear a belt so it's not a problem. 

Have you tried the Flathead Balders at all? Quite a low rise and really nice denim.

And I have to say thank you for this - it inspired me to try on a pair of Flathead I've had for a while but stupidly shrank though washing (stupid rookie mistake!). I jammed them on this morning and by the end of today they're doable, hopefully after tomorrow they'll be pretty good. My thumbs might never be the same though ;)

it's so funny you ask about flat head balder because I was just literally on ebay buying a used pair of those that I saw in my size!  and then I came here to confess for buying too many pairs of jeans...lol...and I read you suggesting that one. I remember ruling that one out when I was first looking because I thought the rise would be too low for me - but the more I look the more I realize that low rise is really great for my shape and the one I found is probably my size or close to it so I wanted to try it.  next week I'll see if it fits ☺  I should really wear more and collect less but it's so hard to resist!!

Glad my sizing tip helped too :) If it's really stubborn to stretch out then taking a nap in them seems to work for me.

Let me know how you go - I have a pair of Balders that don't fit me, and I'd be happy to pass them on! I really wanted them to work for me, but the thighs were just too small and I can't find a bigger size atm. Tbh I also don't really need new jeans so I'll just keep my eye out. I have too many pairs as well! But mainly its due to searching for a better fit, and you learn something every time you try a new pair I think. 

One day I'll find the *perfect pair*.

...or I'll just die one day under a massive collapsed pile of denim :D

Edited by blaewen_blue

My GF has a pair of FH Balders that she doesn't wear. They are a size 31 that have been cold soaked and worn maybe twice.

If anyone is interested in them I'm sure she would let them go at a cheap price.

I can get measurements if interested, just PM me.

On 6/18/2017 at 0:15 AM, blaewen_blue said:

Let me know how you go - I have a pair of Balders that don't fit me, and I'd be happy to pass them on! I really wanted them to work for me, but the thighs were just too small and I can't find a bigger size atm. Tbh I also don't really need new jeans so I'll just keep my eye out. I have too many pairs as well! But mainly its due to searching for a better fit, and you learn something every time you try a new pair I think. 

One day I'll find the *perfect pair*.

...or I'll just die one day under a massive collapsed pile of denim :D

Oh! What size are they?  The one I'm getting in the mail today is a size 27... I'll see how that goes first.  It is supposed to come in the mail later today.  I also need bigger than average thighs compared to the waist, uh oh... I hope it works :)   If it's tight in the thighs and also tight in the waistband then I'll still keep it and try to stretch it out. 

On 6/18/2017 at 10:30 AM, elmcitizen said:

My GF has a pair of FH Balders that she doesn't wear. They are a size 31 that have been cold soaked and worn maybe twice.

If anyone is interested in them I'm sure she would let them go at a cheap price.

I can get measurements if interested, just PM me.

I think 31 is probably too big for me but I hope you find someone!