Raw for Women

Becks23

The Sling & Stones Spring line is being released at Self Edge within the next few days..

We'll have all the cuts for women, including a new straight leg cut, and we'll even have some in selvedge this time around!

:)

The Sling & Stones Spring line is being released at Self Edge within the next few days..

We'll have all the cuts for women, including a new straight leg cut, and we'll even have some in selvedge this time around!

Nice, I wouldn't mind checking them out when I visit this weekend. Although...I'm not supposed to buy any more denim =(

kiya, did you guys pick up any of the stretch selvage from us? i was feeling the denim yesterday...def interesting...

Any suggestions on a skinny taper/straight raw jean for girls...

-straight leg = not too big of a leg opening

-low rise

-fitted

-sanforized*

Looking for a 26/27 but if possible include the best choice for sizing...

can be from any where (rakuten included) ... also

thanks!

Hello Becks

the WHOLE Kato range is re-blocked and re-sized to fit 22" waist and up for our Japanese women collection the basic denims are also re-block to the European block

have a look on the site www.katobrand.com

if there is anything i can do just ask

Neil

kiya -

you guys throwing the S&S stuff up online too (at least in the blog) at the same time it's in stores?

kiya -

you guys throwing the S&S stuff up online too (at least in the blog) at the same time it's in stores?

No.. The new Sling and Stones line will be instore only for about a week or two.

But feel free to call us to order a pair.

We're going to put up photos of them on out blog this weekend.

Bettina Liano makes one of my favourite jeans. I love the fit and it doesnt loose its shape. Its the "Ace Jean"...really tight all the way down!width318height475ace%20jean%20stretch%20denim%20indigo%20front.jpg

This is the only photo I have (lotion on the kankles:) ) of me in the jeans...

jeans.jpg

heh, that's my name... she's Aussie, yea? ...ok, well those jeans look great on you! how is the quality of denim for the price in your opinion--what can you compare it to?

sorry to say it but a lot of ladies so far (i fear maybe even myself) look a bit robust in the Japanese raw, slubby jeans... or maybe i'm just wrong.

[skull] Lindas one-wash Sz2 from BiG...

20070420mylindas02a.png

for some context: height = 5'7.5 // inseam - 33'' // weight ~ 114lbs // true waist - 26''

Bettina Liano makes one of my favourite jeans. I love the fit and it doesnt loose its shape. Its the "Ace Jean"...really tight all the way down!width318height475ace%20jean%20stretch%20denim%20indigo%20front.jpg

This is the only photo I have (lotion on the kankles:) ) of me in the jeans...

jeans.jpg

not diggin the outseam...contrast looks awkward @_@_@_@

They remind me a bit of a pair of Jordache jeans from the 80s.

That's exactly what i was thinking..

Jordache actually just reissued those exact jeans you're referring to to all "high level accounts"

which isn't saying much considering it's Jordache.

Bettina Liano is popular in Australia.. I think it just needs to be seen a little more. The Contrast stitching is dope...Thats why I liked them. Im use to wearing Ksubi/Tsubi and Sass & Bide. But I have been turned off Ksubi cos there is a dude at the Ksubi store that kinda freaks me out...

I can see why they remind you of Jordache jeans, Bettina liano is from Italy.

I tried the Cheap mondays - Way to high wasted.

Carhartt Europe have some nice fits too.

I tried on a few pairs of the selvage Rachels (I think? They were in a box by the desk) and could not find the right size. Tried on sizes 30 through 28. While they fit well in the legs, they were all too loose in the waist. But then when I tried on a 27, I couldn't even get the jeans up past my thighs. The guy working there (the one with the really super tight skulls) said it was because they were a boy cut so they should be slouchy :confused:.

Maybe I'll wait for Kiya to put some pics up of what they look like on other girls. I couldn't tell if they fit me right or if I just couldn't find the right size.

they stretch in the thighs a 1/4 to 1/2 size, and the reason why the thighs are a little tight compared to the waste measurement is because we try to give it a butt lift - - when you squeeze in the thighs a little bit it gives you a little more 'cleft' definition at the point where your butt ends and your thighs begin. i'll post some pictures tonight of my cousin wearing some selvages .

okay, so here are some pictures of my cousin in rachel veggie selvages - she's 5'7" 125, and a stick, doesn't have an ass, she normally wears a 28, but i want to let all u girls know that these jeans will stretch to your normal size and the bottom pictures are what 28's look like, but what 27's would be after wear . hope that made sense. and i'm sure she could squeeze into some 26's but i didn't want my cousin to suffer..

sz27front.jpg

sz27back.jpg

the images on top are a size 27

images below are 28

sz28front.jpg

sz28side.jpg

sz28back.jpg

i'll post up a picture of some selvages after wear and wash to show you what it should look like after a month or so in a few days. :)

Hi,

First post.

I've been lurking and searching for a bit... mostly doing research for a class, and I'm developing an interest in selvedge/raw denim. I've looked at the threads about denim for the ladies, but haven't found what I'm after.

What is the best style for girls with the curves who like a mid-rise and are on the shorter side?

thanks!

heh, that's my name... she's Aussie, yea? ...ok, well those jeans look great on you! how is the quality of denim for the price in your opinion--what can you compare it to?

sorry to say it but a lot of ladies so far (i fear maybe even myself) look a bit robust in the Japanese raw, slubby jeans... or maybe i'm just wrong.

Watch out, the hem opening is pretty big, almost like a new standard... a hot soak should make the fit better but it stretchees out real quick. Lady friend has the same pair and same size, but she may taper them soon because the hem's already ripping a bit.

Overall though it's a pretty good pair, just not as on par with construction as I'd hoped. And what's up with the hem... figured a ladies jean would be a bit more tapered but oh well.

Hi,

First post.

I've been lurking and searching for a bit... mostly doing research for a class, and I'm developing an interest in selvedge/raw denim. I've looked at the threads about denim for the ladies, but haven't found what I'm after.

What is the best style for girls with the curves who like a mid-rise and are on the shorter side?

thanks!

it def seams like alot of the actual raw stuff is catered to the skinny girls. my GF has been lurking as well looking for something raw that would complement a thick girl with a 32 waist and hasnt found much.

bump.gif